What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
TheRealInja
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: African Wild Dog
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Re: What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

Post by TheRealInja »

It's been a crazy month, recently joined a furry writers discord and things have been interesting, made some new friends and met some big names I have read the stories of over the last two decades. It's amazing how different conversations are when you're surrounded by people whom are passionate about the same things as you, I never understood why people always said to surround yourself with like minded people until now. I always just thought that was something people said to try sound wise and knowledgeable. Now that I have, I honestly don't recall ever being this happy or content. More importantly, finally feeling like I fit in somewhere.

Also, inversely growing in infamy as my own following starts to grow. I used to think the weird shit my mind comes up with was just that, weird. I never thought anyone else would like or enjoy what I had to write or say, but they do and more people are willing to pay for it too. I still feel uncomfortable accepting money for doing something I enjoy, but with how things are here back at home lately, a little extra cash is nice.

I never intended to be anyone's teacher either, but lately I find myself giving counsel to other people trying to make a go of the writing thing. I only have my own experiences to share, but apparently that is enough for most people, so I will keep doing so and helping out where ever I can. The world needs more creative people, more dreamers and visionaries too.

Bust through the 200 submissions uploaded mark this past weekend and still going strong, next target is to crack 200k views before Christmas :3
First do no harm, then try leave things better than you found them.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I need to just relax. Spent a week visiting some friends and then went straight to a conference that lasted several days. Now I need the weekend to recover all my energy. At least my foot is basically healed now.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Just added a shadow wolf figure to an online order on a whim and it came out way cooler than I expected.

It even has little paws!
photo_2023-07-16_11-21-54.jpg
photo_2023-07-16_11-21-58.jpg
photo_2023-07-16_11-22-01.jpg
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Washburn
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Ginger Cat
Region: Western Cape

Post by Washburn »

Played golf yesterday. Waiting anxiously for Bothner's to notify about my bass (sent it in for maintenance / restring / action adjustment) - so overall bored af.
“Scccccratccch the most clever postmodern-relativist professor’s Mercedes with a key, and you will see how fast the mask of relativism (with its pretense that there can be neither right nor wrong) and the cloak of radical tolerance come off.”
― Jordan B. Peterson, 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos

"Winston, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea." ― Lady Nancy Astor
"Nancy, if I were your husband, I'd drink it." ― Winston Churchill
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

Post by Adagio »

Washburn wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:42 am Played golf yesterday. Waiting anxiously for Bothner's to notify about my bass (sent it in for maintenance / restring / action adjustment) - so overall bored af.
I'm not gonna lie. I thought you misspelled brother really really badly for a second.

I just got a minecraft server up.
If anyone wants to join it. I'd like to see what it can do!
server URL is www.hailthebean.com
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I've been watching some reactions to Jurassic Park and Jurassic World and it just keeps reminding me how completely ridiculous those films are! Each one gets more crazy than the last.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:09 pm I've been watching some reactions to Jurassic Park and Jurassic World and it just keeps reminding me how completely ridiculous those films are! Each one gets more crazy than the last.
I mean even the name...
If it was to be accurate, they'd have called it Cretaceous Park
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Adagio wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:52 pm I mean even the name...
If it was to be accurate, they'd have called it Cretaceous Park
That's just a bit inaccurate. Compare that with the script, presumably written by a 7-year-old, that includes a modified dinosaur that's part T-Rex, part raptor, changes colour, is super intelligent and so on. And the behaviour of the people that keep putting people and dinosaurs together despite people getting eaten and everything completely going nuts every time they do it!
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Day 3 of being sick, day 2 of staying home from work. I felt pretty good yesterday evening so I was hoping I'd be able to go back in today. Oh well. Wondering if interspersing rest with some cleaning (to remove any lingering viruses) is better than just rest or whether it might make things worse.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Playing some COD Zombies with friends!
somnia
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Wolf

Post by somnia »

Adagio wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:06 pm Playing some COD Zombies with friends!
Haven't played that in years...

Currently playing Cities Skylines 2
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

somnia wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:38 pm
Adagio wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:06 pm Playing some COD Zombies with friends!
Haven't played that in years...

Currently playing Cities Skylines 2
The CPU Roaster 5000? :P

Looking forward to the weekend. Gonna try getting my radio programmed. And my 3D printer tuned.
I installed Klipper the other day but had a wedding and just havent had time to finish setting it up XD
somnia

Post by somnia »

Adagio wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:49 pm

Looking forward to the weekend. Gonna try getting my radio programmed. And my 3D printer tuned.
I installed Klipper the other day but had a wedding and just havent had time to finish setting it up XD
Jip, but it doesn't seem to be roasting my ryzen 7600X too bad, though I haven't gotten to far in the game.

What radio are you programming? At one point I wanted to get into amateur radio'ing, but with limited space that isn't really possable.
I also dabbled a bit in LORA for basic communication. :geek:

Oooh, what 3D printer do you have? One day I might have space for one and I hear they are a game changer for DIY projects.
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

somnia wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:25 pm
Adagio wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:49 pm

Jip, but it doesn't seem to be roasting my ryzen 7600X too bad, though I haven't gotten to far in the game.

What radio are you programming? At one point I wanted to get into amateur radio'ing, but with limited space that isn't really possable.
I also dabbled a bit in LORA for basic communication. :geek:

Oooh, what 3D printer do you have? One day I might have space for one and I hear they are a game changer for DIY projects.
Oh! Sweet! We do LORA stuff at work some times.
It's an super old iCom. I had to make a bootable DOS USB just to get the software to run.
But it's not responding to the commands.

It's a OOOOLD clone of a makerbot X2. But it's motherboard died so I rebuilt it with RAMPS and Arduino
somnia

Post by somnia »

Adagio wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:40 pm
It's an super old iCom. I had to make a bootable DOS USB just to get the software to run.

It's a OOOOLD clone of a makerbot X2. But it's motherboard died so I rebuilt it with RAMPS and Arduino
Ah, the age old, commands that should work, but doesn't scenario. Hope you get it working. Once I had to figure out commands for a low frequency master controller over serial and that was not fun.

That's some fancy 3D
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

somnia wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:55 pm
Adagio wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:40 pm

Ah, the age old, commands that should work, but doesn't scenario. Hope you get it working. Once I had to figure out commands for a low frequency master controller over serial and that was not fun.

That's some fancy 3D
You also work in the electronics industry?
somnia

Post by somnia »

Adagio wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:05 pm
Software developent actually, in the supply chain sector. So I sometimes have to work directly with hardware, like electronic scales, remote probes, etc.
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

somnia wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:34 am
Adagio wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:05 pm
Software developent actually, in the supply chain sector. So I sometimes have to work directly with hardware, like electronic scales, remote probes, etc.
Ah! Makes sense.
So we can agree that manufacturers of such devices do not know how to write a damn datasheet?
Like dude. I don't need 200 pages on how to cool your chip. Just tell me what to send the chip and what to expect back. I don't have time to read all 300 pages of your datasheet to find the damn device ID that should be on page friggen one.
somnia

Post by somnia »

Adagio wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:35 am Ah! Makes sense.
So we can agree that manufacturers of such devices do not know how to write a damn datasheet?
Like dude. I don't need 200 pages on how to cool your chip. Just tell me what to send the chip and what to expect back. I don't have time to read all 300 pages of your datasheet to find the damn device ID that should be on page friggen one.

XD Yes... If the the datasheet is even in comprehensible english, quite few datasheets I had to work with was just google translated from some other language.
And don't get me started on android device sdks for like UHF or barcode scanners...
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

somnia wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:20 am
Adagio wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:35 am Ah! Makes sense.

XD Yes... If the the datasheet is even in comprehensible english, quite few datasheets I had to work with was just google translated from some other language.
And don't get me started on android device sdks for like UHF or barcode scanners...
I was trying to make a battery fuel guage for home assistant, and oh my god. The example code didn't even compile. And nowhere in the datasheet it gave me the actual address to the I2C. I had to scan the port and find it that way.

And the registers didn't have any descriptions.
somnia

Post by somnia »

Adagio wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:50 pm
I was trying to make a battery fuel guage for home assistant, and oh my god. The example code didn't even compile. And nowhere in the datasheet it gave me the actual address to the I2C. I had to scan the port and find it that way.

Ah home assistant, the powerful, yet very overwhelming automation system. XD

Luckly I had to only deal with I2C addresses a few times, never had to try and find one, that would be too much for me XD
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

somnia wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:53 pm
Adagio wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:50 pm

Ah home assistant, the powerful, yet very overwhelming automation system. XD
I've made a few boards for myself with sensors and stuff.
I enjoy playing with Home Automation. ^^
somnia

Post by somnia »

Adagio wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:49 pm
I also really enjoy tinkering with home automation, but my creativity is a bit lacking on how to use it, so I never really get into it. If I had a R5 for everytime
I installed home assistant on a vm on my small home lab and then removed it again, I would be supper rich.
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

somnia wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:08 pm
Adagio wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:49 pm
I also really enjoy tinkering with home automation, but my creativity is a bit lacking on how to use it, so I never really get into it. If I had a R5 for everytime
I installed home assistant on a vm on my small home lab and then removed it again, I would be supper rich.
Ooooh! Home lab?
I'm running mine on a Pi precariously perched on my inverter next to my mikrotik.
Been thinking of putting it on my server that runs jellyfin and some other software. But it's struggling just running that some times.
Poor little HP Proliant Microserver Gen 8
somnia

Post by somnia »

Adagio wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:21 pm
Ooooh! Home lab?
I'm running mine on a Pi precariously perched on my inverter next to my mikrotik.
Been thinking of putting it on my server that runs jellyfin and some other software. But it's struggling just running that some times.
Jip, my homelab comprises of a very early edition intel nuc, which functions as my NAS and PBX, and a fanless pc which I use as a pfsense router and pihole. I love being in complete control of my home network. Both have vmware hypervisors on so I can easly spin up random VMs if I need to.

Wanted to convert my old pc to a more functional homelab, but with the wonderful loadshedding it is cheaper to keep 12V pcs running than a full tower xD
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

somnia wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:34 pm
Adagio wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:21 pm
Ooooh! Home lab?
Jip, my homelab comprises of a very early edition intel nuc, which functions as my NAS and PBX, and a fanless pc which I use as a pfsense router and pihole. I love being in complete control of my home network. Both have vmware hypervisors on so I can easly spin up random VMs if I need to.

Wanted to convert my old pc to a more functional homelab, but with the wonderful loadshedding it is cheaper to keep 12V pcs running than a full tower xD
I got my inverter for a steal.
My friend at work upgraded his battery and the 14cel LiFePo4s don't really exist anymore. So he sold his old battery.
He had problems with an inverter and had the insurance replace it, but they never collected it. So I asked if he'd part with the battery and the inverter(That he thought was dead)
He said if I bought the battery I can have the inverter.
Turns out nothing was wrong. The fans were a dead and nothing else.

So I got both fro 10K

I play with Mikrotik a lot. Got an RB3011 for my router. Thought about trying out PFSense. But I enjoy tinkering with Mikrotik. And it helps at work to cause I have to double duty as a sysadmin/engineer(And a plethera of other duties)
somnia

Post by somnia »

Adagio wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:35 pm
I got my inverter for a steal.
My friend at work upgraded his battery and the 14cel LiFePo4s don't really exist anymore. So he sold his old battery.
He had problems with an inverter and had the insurance replace it, but they never collected it. So I asked if he'd part with the battery and the inverter(That he thought was dead)
He said if I bought the battery I can have the inverter.
Turns out nothing was wrong. The fans were a dead and nothing else.

So I got both fro 10K

I play with Mikrotik a lot. Got an RB3011 for my router. Thought about trying out PFSense. But I enjoy tinkering with Mikrotik. And it helps at work to cause I have to double duty as a sysadmin/engineer(And a plethera of other duties)
I actually also have quite the inverter/power bank, an ecoflow delta 1800, bought it just before the stage 6 loadshedding hit last year, been working amazing, although a bit loud. Also wired it up to my db board. I just feel it is a waste to power an entire computer on a limted resource, especially the old lithium batteries with only 800 cycles till reduced to 80% :P
I did test a few times though, and it can run for about 6h of normal use for all my electronics. :D

I also do all the DevOps'sy stuff at work, setting up databases to cloud hosting services to static website hosting. XD
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

somnia wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:13 pm I actually also have quite the inverter/power bank, an ecoflow delta 1800, bought it just before the stage 6 loadshedding hit last year, been working amazing, although a bit loud. Also wired it up to my db board. I just feel it is a waste to power an entire computer on a limted resource, especially the old lithium batteries with only 800 cycles till reduced to 80% :P
I did test a few times though, and it can run for about 6h of normal use for all my electronics. :D

I also do all the DevOps'sy stuff at work, setting up databases to cloud hosting services to static website hosting. XD
Those Ecoflow stuff are nice!
^^

I got a good old Axpert clone
somnia

Post by somnia »

Adagio wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:55 pm Those Ecoflow stuff are nice!
^^

I got a good old Axpert clone
I would have gotten something similar to that, but at the time I just wanted something that works and didn't require any tinkering.
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

somnia wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:55 am I would have gotten something similar to that, but at the time I just wanted something that works and didn't require any tinkering.
Fair enough.
I guess that's why those horrible mecer battery box square wave doohickeys are so popular?