What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

Post by Leeward »

Sounds like maybe it's the speaker that's broken?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Nope. Speaker works fine. I've narrowed the problem a bit more. It seems that in Linux the rear audio jack is only producing the right channel. If I plug the speakers into the front then it all works correctly. I still have no idea why its not giving all the channels at the back but at least its a more specific issue.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Fixed my sound issue by forcing line out through the blue jack. Why that worked I don't know. Important part is I know have stereo sound again.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Post by Cape_F0X »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:45 pm Fixed my sound issue by forcing line out through the blue jack. Why that worked I don't know. Important part is I know have stereo sound again.
ArtyLoop

Post by ArtyLoop »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:45 pm Fixed my sound issue by forcing line out through the blue jack. Why that worked I don't know. Important part is I know have stereo sound again.
I have picked up numerous issues with the sound driver in Ubuntu 16.04. I am just not in the mood to fix it because it wasn't broken before and someone changed the code or the logic thereof. Sometimes, Open source OS is a pain in the butt...
For example if you launch Discord, on stock 16.04 while playing music, guess what happens... it royally messes up the audio subsystem requiring a reboot at worst.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I have removed Animew's recent thread as in discussion with other forum members it was agreed that it was not appropriate to the forum. Teasing games are fine but they should be conducted where people choose to participate. Insulting or harassing users under the guise of a game will not be accepted.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:57 pm I have removed Animew's recent thread as in discussion with other forum members it was agreed that it was not appropriate to the forum. Teasing games are fine but they should be conducted where people choose to participate. Insulting or harassing users under the guise of a game will not be accepted.
We all know who was in the lead anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:57 pm Insulting or harassing users under the guise of a game will not be accepted.
You know Rakuen if you just always assume the worst in people you’ll end up a very lonely puppy. The game was intended to give people an opportunity to vent in a light hearted manner while giving the winner an opportunity to reconcile using humor… <w< not to mention get free art as a consolation.
But I suppose ruining everyone’s fun is your thing. Owo this would explain why you were on your way to a land slide victory I guess… way to square yourself out of monthly free art ya knob!
The poll turned out some interesting results tho and I saw a lot of names in there I really didn’t expect… <w< least of all being Joseph Stalin… but I suspect cape fox is to blame for that one.
But perhaps worst of all is that I didn’t get a single vote! .>w<. the fuck is wrong with you people!? Do I not troll enough or something!? It’s the most obvious thing ever to name a guy in his own survey, geez. I suppose my trusty nihilistic hyena is still stuck in the karoo or something. He better not have gone into a glycemic coma after gorging himself on nuttella pancakes again!

Welp… since spoily mc spoilsport is likely to kick my ass off ZAfur if I continued the game on some other platform he has no control over, I’ll just make a new game for the most hated furry character in the fandom and host it on my inkbunny account.
Sorry Galahad I guess you can put away your flame proof undies and wait for Lee to complain about censorship now.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Species: Vulpes chama

Post by Cape_F0X »

I abstained from voting and I don't think Galahad owns Nomex undergarments.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Cape_F0X wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:51 pm I abstained from voting and I don't think Galahad owns Nomex undergarments.
hehe, sure you did you light footed scamp! Ow< we all abstained from voting right? the metric fucktone of furs that voted was all the lurkers weren't they...

also i'm pretty sure at some point in his life Galahad had dated a dragon so its fairly certain he owns at least one pair of fire proof undies.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Galahad
Region: Gauteng

Post by Galahad »

No need for fireproof garments when you yourself are the fire, baby. Just let it all burn.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

I am SO done with FA! I haven't been able to upload my story for two weeks! Journals work, art works, but for some reason stories don't, and I am so sick of it! If anybody wants to continue reading Ander, you can do so on SoFurry or Deviant Art (if you're not doing that already), because I am DONE. >:[
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
ArtyLoop

Post by ArtyLoop »

I have to say I agree... FA is becoming a bit meh... there's a lot of problems with their website/hosting/backend...
I am moving over to DA and other places because the vibe is just not there at FA.. and with all the issues.. its not cool.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

just got back from epic gang bang, <w< this may have been the closest i've ever gotten to getting fucked to death... \OwO/ no seriously i can still hardly move, i'm probably still conscious because i'm shitfaced drunk! how i managed to drive here without falling off my bike is a small miracle! don't think i'll ever get the taste of semen out my mouth, hmm... i think there was a reason for me being on the internet right now... may have involved sandals or something... but i cant recall so i'll just go ahead and pass out now... there be much pain in my morrow and i should get it over with.
BysnhRoach
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Human
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by BysnhRoach »

going to the sea, been sitting in the back of the car for hours, cant wait to get there though
Insanely Inane
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Species: Dog (Vampire)

Post by Faanvolla »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:57 pm I have removed Animew's recent thread
I go offline for a week and i seem to miss all the fun :P
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Facepalming hard at the sheer amount of imbecility that gets displayed so shamelessly. It's almost like people are proud of being stupid.
ArtyLoop

Post by ArtyLoop »

Leeward wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:07 pm Facepalming hard at the sheer amount of imbecility that gets displayed so shamelessly. It's almost like people are proud of being stupid.
These days its par for the course.
Working my tail off on FT
Busy braaing a meat now, and then waiting for children to go to bed so that I can work on yiff commissions.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Ladies and gentlemen, I have done the impossible. I have harnessed the amazing power of my own laziness!! By not doing anything at all, I have accomplished a full day's work!!

I think I might be a genius... O.O
BysnhRoach

Post by BysnhRoach »

Bravo! care to show us your magic trick?
Insanely Inane
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

It's all in the graphs. In 2016 my productivity was way higher, despite working fewer hours than 2017. So now, for 2018, I've gone back to my old schedule. It turns out my hypothesis was correct.

The part I'm working on right now had a few problems. I was able to think of a solution, of course, but because I had to cut back on my hours, I wasn't able to implement them right away. Fast forward to today, and after having the problems percolate in my brain juices for a while, I was able to come up with a waaaay better solution than what I had previously. If I had stuck to my old schedule, I would have ploughed ahead with the original, inferior idea, and then, after realizing my mistake, I probably would have had to rewrite the whole thing, resulting in twice as much work.

But now, through the power of laziness, I have increased my productivity by working less!

Action through inaction! Creation via inertia! Victory by torpidity!!

Truly, sometimes my genius astounds even me.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Looks like Contrast just discovered rubber duck debugging. :lol:
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

But am I the programmer, or am I the rubber duck?
Perhaps my brain is the rubber duck to itself?
Or perhaps my work is the programmer and I am the code.
But that would mean...
That would mean my manuscript is writing me... @_@
BysnhRoach

Post by BysnhRoach »

so if you were to pist aand reply to the topic, what are you doing write now (sad pun but whatever). you could say that you are busy being written.
Insanely Inane
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

i'm building a prototype rack ray. OwO forget tazers people, this thing actually makes your entire nervous system light up with pain sensation! ^w^ and its small + portable! cant wait to zap stuff with it!
Leeward wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:07 pm Facepalming hard at the sheer amount of imbecility that gets displayed so shamelessly. It's almost like people are proud of being stupid.
UwU/ well as a matter of fact i AM proud of being stupid.

tho no amount of drunken whoring could ever make me outdo my neighbor i'm afraid...
asks me to reinstall windows on his laptop, i ask why, since it was running perfectly fine. he tells me "because excel is corrupted" then upon looking into it... he somehow set word as the default program to open .xml files... he wanted me to format the laptop... because... *sigh* i even feel stupid telling this story... i mean seriously, do people just not notice what they are doing when they do it or do they just flail at things randomly when they are using them?
ArtyLoop

Post by ArtyLoop »

Animew wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:29 pm i'm building a prototype rack ray. OwO forget tazers people, this thing actually makes your entire nervous system light up with pain sensation! ^w^ and its small + portable! cant wait to zap stuff with it!
Magnetron FTW, that's even more effective, and if we modulate it, people will hear voices in their head <cue evil laughs here>
BysnhRoach

Post by BysnhRoach »

Animew wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:29 pm i'm building a prototype rack ray. OwO forget tazers people, this thing actually makes your entire nervous system light up with pain sensation! ^w^ and its small + portable! cant wait to zap stuff with it!
Do you mean cant wait to zap people with it?
Insanely Inane
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Feeling sorry for myself cause I had to work with plants that gave me hay fever that's lasted all day. Now just feel all messed up. x.x
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
BysnhRoach

Post by BysnhRoach »

I am feeling.
feeling sorry for Rakuen.
feeling cold
feeling itchy from seasand
feeling hungry
and most importantly
feeling hungry.
also a little hungry
Insanely Inane
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Owo\ wondering where to recruit more people for making a game dev dream team.
ArtyLoop wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:31 am Magnetron FTW, that's even more effective, and if we modulate it, people will hear voices in their head <cue evil laughs here>
they tend to be bulky and i cant make my own smaller versions so it would have to be a MWP rifle. the power pack would also have to be kinda large.

OwO but as a random stationary emitter the microwave thingy can be used to keep people sterile. <w< the suppression device from HL IS possible, we can cure overpopulation.
BysnhRoach wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:54 am Do you mean cant wait to zap people with it?
if i find people... Owo i'm pretty out of the way. i zapped myself for the luls tho and almost had a stroke.