What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

Re: What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

Post by Adagio »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:32 pm
Adagio wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:23 pm Did they add a second boiler?

I been working today. We're moving offices.
I'm hurting all over.
Oh no, this is something completely different. Yesterday, some water pipe broke and got fixed but apparently they forgot to turn the water back on, so it was off for the whole area. No water at all. They turned it on in the morning but then it still took several hours to come back. I have water now though. :)

Move all done?
Unfortunately not yet.
I still have some minor things to do for the network. I had to recycle old CAT6 cables (that came from cellphone detectors in prisons). So I hope they work.
FaeMinx
Species: Metamouse
Region: Western Cape

Post by FaeMinx »

Well long time no squeak... I've had a pretty hectic couple of years....

Thought I would drop by and see what's happening here.

At this very moment I am teaching MiceElf Blender so I can design fursuit heads, masks and avatars for places like VR Chat.
I don't have VR or even a decent computer at the moment.... and am doing all my work on an Atom PC.... so whatever I learn in Blender will be limited by that until my fortunes change.

I have recently managed to make a plaster cast of my head - to make mask and fursuit head design much easier... It came out pretty good, if I do say so MiceElf.

I have recreated the Plaster Head in Blender digitally.... so now I can sculpt around it to make my masks and fursuit heads, and be able to gauge dimensions accurately.

Then I can use my digital sculpts as reference while I build the fursuit head on the Plaster Cast IRL.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Not too much has been happening, everyone's been stuck inside. But if there's anything interesting, you're encouraged to make a thread! There's a section for fursuit related stuff if you want to share pics of the building process.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

HELLO SWINGERS! UwU/ whats shakin up in here?

<w< nothing much i take it. well IM shaking! shaking my tail that is! to this awesome new song i discovered!

well actually i'm lying, i havent discovered any new music nor am i in a jovial mood. i am just here... existing... under my rock... hoping the world will go away if i ignore it. just figured i'd stop in and see if the firedog has fixed the site yet and as it turns out he has so thats good, thanks Raksy.

now... BACK, to my rock!
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

I went for training for operating our new super old pick and place machine today.
Information overload. But really it's not that hard. Just nerve-wracking knowing if I screw up...
Hundreds of thousands of rands in damages.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Animew wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:24 pmjust figured i'd stop in and see if the firedog has fixed the site yet and as it turns out he has so thats good, thanks Raksy.
Of course, I'd said I would. You're welcome.
Adagio wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:24 pmI went for training for operating our new super old pick and place machine today.
What's that?
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:35 pm
Adagio wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:24 pmI went for training for operating our new super old pick and place machine today.
What's that?

A machine that picks up electronic components and places them on the board to be soldered.
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

The actor from Black Panter, Chadwick Boseman passed away yesterday from cancer.
I feel like watching the movie today.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I was going to get more airtime for my modem so I can make sure I don't run out of internet but apparently there are technical issues preventing that... >.> Hopefully it will work tomorrow. I do still have 7 gigs left though so not deadly urgent but still...
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Closed my Paypal accounts this evening after donating the last of my funds there to the EFF. (The Electronic Frontier Foundation, not the South African group that is somehow considered a political party.) Ideally I'd like to replace Paypal with Cryptocurrency but they have too many downsides at the moment. :/
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Partly inspired by Elysium's survey, I've been doing some data analysis for fun. Got a lot of survey results from an old [adjective][species] survey to play with. In between that I've been playing a bunch of Sudoku.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

I've been helping to put together an online convention for the last few months, and now we're just a few weeks away from it happening!
If anyone is interested in catching it, we'll be streaming the con live on YouTube on October 24th-25th. You can check out our website for more info at https://owomacon.com/

Sorry for the plug, but it's been eating a lot of my time lately and I'm excited to see it getting closer. X3 Huge shoutout to the FURSAverance crew for their help and inspiration.

Aside from con planning, I've mostly been working a new security job and trying to get through a bit of my backlog of seemingly everything ever, lol.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Trace wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:03 amI've been helping to put together an online convention for the last few months, and now we're just a few weeks away from it happening!
If anyone is interested in catching it, we'll be streaming the con live on YouTube on October 24th-25th. You can check out our website for more info at https://owomacon.com/
Oh, you're a conrunner now? Quite a number of those here for such a small site!
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I'm waiting for my cooking timer to go off. I made food, had the timer go off and then had some to eat. Thought the potatoes were unusually hard and not well cooked. About 15 minutes later another timer went off. Turns out the first timer was something completely different which accidentally repeated from the previous week. Now I'm making sure the rest of the food is properly cooked before I store it. >.>
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Welp, the con is pretty much over, aside from a bit of an encore this coming Saturday. Overall it seems to have gone pretty well. ^.^
We managed to raise a good amount for charity, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the future may hold.
As for what I'm up to, mostly wrapping up con stuff, and some D&D prep.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Gonna drive to Witbank today and set up a hop site for a new client.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Working on a Sunday!? I'm doing nothing. Relaxing. Should back up some stuff, maybe clean the place up a bit.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

Checking the forum for the first time in... Half a year?

It's pretty quiet... Hope everyone is doing well
Mew?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Well there's no shortage of bots trying to get here so they're doing well.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:58 am Working on a Sunday!? I'm doing nothing. Relaxing. Should back up some stuff, maybe clean the place up a bit.
Well... I do an install once, and I get paid every month for doing nothing so
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

So I'm going through an outoppies code to try and understand it...
He has blocks of code running in assembly inside his c code. And it's just to multiply two numbers. A function that both is implemented in C, and if it wasn't was litterely a few lines of code. Why?
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

It's been a bit since I've been on here. XP
Things have been pretty busy, though. Also, uh... Kit and I are engaged now. X3
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Trace wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:49 am It's been a bit since I've been on here. XP
Things have been pretty busy, though. Also, uh... Kit and I are engaged now. X3
Congratulations!
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Thank you!
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

Lurking like the hideous stalker I am... Don't mind me... I'm slowly getting better at keeping up with history. Dag nabbit... I missed this place.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Keeping up with history?
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

just reading through the countless amounts I've missed. So much is the answer.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Just learned the oomie that offered to fix my car door a few years back had committed suicide earlier this week.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

I'm sorry to hear that, Adagio...
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

I don't think this is big enough to warrant its own thread. Just something I'd like to ask about.
I just got this weird email from Vodacom. It goes like this:

"Hi,
Trying to log in to My Vodacom? This email address is not registered to a profile .[www.vodacom.co.za]Register online now
Don't recognise this activity? Please call Customer Care on 082 135, FREE from a Vodacom cellphone, or email to customercare@vodacom.co.za"

Most likely someone made a mistake when trying to log in to their Vodacom account and used my email address by pure coincidence. The thing is, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to stuff like this, so I can't help but worry that maybe something could be going on that I just don't know about. I'm probably just paranoid, but I won't be able to relax until I know for sure.

If somebody could give me their insight, I'd really appreciate it. I could also email their customer service, but I'd really rather not, specially if this turns out to be a non-issue.

Thanks.
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art