What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Adagio wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:58 pm Your roommate is the person the prophecies in my math textbook warned about.
Trace is on a train heading North at 130 km/h. Trace's roommate is on a train heading South at 200 km/h. Together they have 80 kg of pasta. How much pasta is on each train?
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

Post by Adagio »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:23 pm
Adagio wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:58 pm Your roommate is the person the prophecies in my math textbook warned about.
Trace is on a train heading North at 130 km/h. Trace's roommate is on a train heading South at 200 km/h. Together they have 80 kg of pasta. How much pasta is on each train?
1.2) In what direction relative to the moon does the grasshopper on the windshields leg fly when the train hits is.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

Ahahaha
We had one more box show up, bringing the grand total to 200 lbs. However, we have started giving away boxes, and it sounds like we will be continuing to do so in the next few days, so we hopefully shouldn't have our giant pasta box fort for too much longer. XD
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Trace wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:02 am
Ahahaha
We had one more box show up, bringing the grand total to 200 lbs. However, we have started giving away boxes, and it sounds like we will be continuing to do so in the next few days, so we hopefully shouldn't have our giant pasta box fort for too much longer. XD
#TraceFeedsAfrica
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I forgot to close my bedroom door and left my Roomba alone for a bit. It snuck into my bedroom and ate my phone's charging cable!
IMG_20200627_154327.jpg
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Appearently roomba ownership is more like pet ownership than I thought
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:56 pm This is not the place to report bugs. In any case, I fiddled around and it seems to be a problem with phpbb itself and should be patched whenever the next version is released. It might be possible to edit the installed files but I just slightly increased the maximum number of allowed PMs.
well i went looking for a bugs report thread but could not find one and since this is pretty much the only active thread i fugured i may as well slap it on here. also its still broken. the adding one more to the limit has revealed one on hold message tho and it turns out its actually kinda important. 2 more are on hold tho but i'ma try asking folks to contact me on discord instead. UwU/ y'all need to get yer shit together Firedog, place is falling appart.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Animew wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:46 pm well i went looking for a bugs report thread but could not find one and since this is pretty much the only active thread i fugured i may as well slap it on here. also its still broken. the adding one more to the limit has revealed one on hold message tho and it turns out its actually kinda important. 2 more are on hold tho but i'ma try asking folks to contact me on discord instead. UwU/ y'all need to get yer shit together Firedog, place is falling appart.
Problems should be reported in the "Help and Suggestions" section - viewforum.php?f=11
I had actually added 6 new messages bringing the total number of PMs to 256 as a temporary solution until the patch is pushed out through the official channels. There is a setting to automatically delete the oldest message in the inbox instead of holding back new ones but I'd rather not enable that, so I have increased the PM limit to 300. If you see that your inbox is almost full, I would advise trying to remove old messages that are no longer needed.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:29 pm Problems should be reported in the "Help and Suggestions" section
i figured as much but i didnt see an appropriate thread and i sure as heck wasnt about to make a thread just to complain about a thing quick. but thanks Firedog, i was able to read the pending messages. not sure WTF is going on since they seem to be backwards in order but i guess it dont matter. UwU/ i give headpats for the goodboi for his help.

as for what i'm doing: i'm oozing around in my bed about to lapse into a food coma while watching warhammer lore.

oh and i dont wana delete messages because they are sentimental. i figured out how to backup them tho but now i cant delete them lol.
(heres a post for you to merge for old times sake, you havent gotten to do that in a while ey.)
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I finished (mostly) sorting out my Downloads folder and backing up my storage drive today. There's still a bunch of stuff which needs to be sorted and cleaned and all that but it's a start. Organising files and folders is tiresome work but it is the best way to be able to find stuff again in the future. I dunno if I'll ever go back to properly labelling pictures I download though.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:03 pm I finished (mostly) sorting out my Downloads folder and backing up my storage drive today. There's still a bunch of stuff which needs to be sorted and cleaned and all that but it's a start. Organising files and folders is tiresome work but it is the best way to be able to find stuff again in the future. I dunno if I'll ever go back to properly labelling pictures I download though.
Hmmmm.... My storage is currently inaccessable. I thought I could fix the old i3 under my 3D Printer and config that as a NAS. Buuuuut yeah. She's dead JIm...

Though it was just bent pins on the LGA, but I tried a different RAM slot, and some bent pins in there caused a short and it's fried.
It just trips the OC protection on the PSU
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Adagio wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:51 pm Hmmmm.... My storage is currently inaccessable. I thought I could fix the old i3 under my 3D Printer and config that as a NAS. Buuuuut yeah. She's dead JIm...

Though it was just bent pins on the LGA, but I tried a different RAM slot, and some bent pins in there caused a short and it's fried.
That sucks. x.x Hope you have a backup. I tried to make a NAS once with 2 x 6 TB drives but it turned out to be a stupid idea on my part. But I just stuck when in the PC and got an external case for the second so I have them duplicated and the one copy is safe even if the PC blows up. As long as I remember to make regular backups anyway.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

i'm trying to decide whether or not to put humans in my pokemon comic... i'd do a poll here on ZA furry but its not very active so it may only yield disappointment.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Animew wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:07 pm i'm trying to decide whether or not to put humans in my pokemon comic... i'd do a poll here on ZA furry but its not very active so it may only yield disappointment.
Activity breeds activity.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:03 pm
Adagio wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:51 pm Hmmmm.... My storage is currently inaccessable. I thought I could fix the old i3 under my 3D Printer and config that as a NAS. Buuuuut yeah. She's dead JIm...

That sucks. x.x Hope you have a backup. I tried to make a NAS once with 2 x 6 TB drives but it turned out to be a stupid idea on my part. But I just stuck when in the PC and got an external case for the second so I have them duplicated and the one copy is safe even if the PC blows up. As long as I remember to make regular backups anyway.
I didn't lose anything.
It's all still on the hard drives.
I can plug them into my case if I wanted to.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:13 pm Activity breeds activity.
only if that activity is breeding... ahem... well anywho, UwU/ ill admit my glorious presence will indeed bolster activity here however not quite fast enough... besides, i made a poll on an art group on telegram and a bunch of folks voted to keep it furry... so i have decided to do the opposite and include humans... Owo honestly i dont even know why i bothered in the first place, i always end up just deciding for myself anyway and its usually contrary to the will of the people... i guess that's just me living up to my species in true "fuck your shit, i am cat" fashion... disregarding the results of the poll is like knocking stuff off tables... i requires folks to put stuff on the table first otherwise i just sit on the table and meow.

also instead of working on the pokemon comic ive been drawing a different comic... gosh darn it, this is why i cant have nice things...
GreenReaper
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: Kai Norn (Creatures)

Post by GreenReaper »

Animew wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:20 ambesides, i made a poll on an art group on telegram and a bunch of folks voted to keep it furry... so i have decided to do the opposite and include humans... Owo honestly i dont even know why i bothered in the first place, i always end up just deciding for myself anyway and its usually contrary to the will of the people...
Oh well. If it's humans and adult, no copy on IB 4 U! 😸 Or you could be cool like kitsuneyoukai and do both versions. Choose Your Own Character!

I hear Guateng is liable to take over from West Cape as the epicentre of the dreaded CORVID. Darn those crows! Stay safe out there - or preferably, inside.
Laurence "GreenReaper" Parry
GreenReaper Studios - WikiFur - Flayrah - Inkbunny
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Well I am cooking dal/lentil curry which I think is going to be a disaster. Mould forced me to discard two of the ingredients and substitute in something else. I don't have high hopes here. But maybe it will still work out.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

GreenReaper wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:21 pm If it's humans and adult, no copy on IB 4 U!
UwU/ unless i censor the hecky out of it like that time i put that obnoxious fox heads on everything. or at least i think that makes it ok. its been literal years since i read the rules last but i think as long as the humans are not involved in the adult activity and are not nakey, humans are fine... but theres always... <w< soFurry *shudders* i think i have an account there still, wonder if the interface has improved...
i mean i'd love to do the alt version thing but since my medium is traditional thats not really an option...
Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:52 pm Well I am cooking dal/lentil curry which I think is going to be a disaster. Mould forced me to discard two of the ingredients and substitute in something else. I don't have high hopes here. But maybe it will still work out.
pfft, firedog that cant cook curry?
*juuuuudge*
also wash your produce before storage my dude, helps their shelf life a lot actually.

in other news... i think i'm being targeted by china after i was exposed to a buncha stuff china doesnt want folks to know... TwT plz dunt hurt me china, i'm just a kitty cat, mew mew. i wont oppose your glorious reign! i just wanted some cheap aluminum! i buy from you still yes? no kill yes? >w< is friend!
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

i'm being higher than i should while online. also i was sniffing a glove not long ado... smells like its owner.
why is it so ded here tho? Owo was it China!?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

It was very busy one month and then nearly silent. I think we used up all the talking power of people.

Anyway, I've got such good intentions. Earlier today I bought two packets of yeast, something I don't think I've ever used in my entire life outside of a laboratory. I wonder when I will get around to doing anything with them.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:55 pm It was very busy one month and then nearly silent. I think we used up all the talking power of people.

Anyway, I've got such good intentions. Earlier today I bought two packets of yeast, something I don't think I've ever used in my entire life outside of a laboratory. I wonder when I will get around to doing anything with them.
YOU GOT YEAST?

For some reason the panic shoppers raided that shit like crazy
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Adagio wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:24 pm
YOU GOT YEAST?

For some reason the panic shoppers raided that shit like crazy
I'd also heard that but there was plenty at the PnP. So I got some in my weird way of thinking that I might actually make stuff from scratch at some point. Kinda ignoring that I still need to buy baking stuff like tins and rollers and whatevers.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Animew wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:46 amwhy is it so ded here tho?
There's just nothing to talk about. Whole world has come to a standstill, pretty much.
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Contrast wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:09 amThere's just nothing to talk about. Whole world has come to a standstill, pretty much.
I think there's a lot of stuff going on actually. Just none of it is the fun, nice stuff that people enjoy.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Kievvu
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Post by Kievvu »

All the internets because I finally have wifi again.
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

It's a little bit late, but yesterday I made pizza. Not oven pizza, pizza from scratch; mixing yeast and flour and all that! It was actually kinda fun seeing the dough form and rise. And it worked pretty well. I might need to fiddle with the tomato sauce though. And maybe make less and flatten it more.
IMG_20200804_182543.jpg
IMG_20200804_182647.jpg
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I've had no water since at least 9:00 this morning. It's a bit ridiculous. Apparently it's been turned on but takes forever to fill all the pipes.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:05 pm I've had no water since at least 9:00 this morning. It's a bit ridiculous. Apparently it's been turned on but takes forever to fill all the pipes.
Did they add a second boiler?

I been working today. We're moving offices.
I'm hurting all over.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Adagio wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:23 pm Did they add a second boiler?

I been working today. We're moving offices.
I'm hurting all over.
Oh no, this is something completely different. Yesterday, some water pipe broke and got fixed but apparently they forgot to turn the water back on, so it was off for the whole area. No water at all. They turned it on in the morning but then it still took several hours to come back. I have water now though. :)

Move all done?
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~