What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Screw you rain! Rock In Vienna had so much potential (and cost so much money) but have to say it was mostly a disappointment. I didn't know some of the bands so I only showed up later when the ones I wanted to see were there.

Powerwolf - Good show but I missed the beginning. x.x Took so long to actually get into the concert and to the stage.
Dragonforce - Didn't even see it. I really wanted to see them but there was some technical difficulty and 30 mins after their starting time they still hadn't begun. Which would be less of an issue if the next band weren't Nightwish and Nightwish trumps Dragonforce.
Nightwish - Delayed due to rain. After the rain it seemed Dragonforce finally started playing. Nightwish was also good but was mostly their newer stuff which I'm not so familiar with. Powerwolf played stuff I knew.
Iron Maiden - Big Daddies of metal and... I never saw them. There was another band between them and Nightwish but it started raining again and the wind was fairly strong. They stopped the other band and delayed the porgramme 20 minutes. But no sign of the rain disappearing, I was completely soaked and shivering and there was still like 30-40 minutes before Iron Maiden was scheduled to start. Whether they did or didn't I don't know because I cut my losses and went home for a warm shower.

Kinda regret skipping the beginning. I didn't know the bands but at least the weather was nice and I would've got more value for money.

Edit: And then I think I can drown my sorrows with absinthe and accidentally pour more than I originally wanted and manage to spill some too. >.> Way to go.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
northernicebear
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Journalist Shirokuma

Post by northernicebear »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:Screw you rain! Rock In Vienna had so much potential (and cost so much money) but have to say it was mostly a disappointment. I didn't know some of the bands so I only showed up later when the ones I wanted to see were there.

Powerwolf - Good show but I missed the beginning. x.x Took so long to actually get into the concert and to the stage.
Dragonforce - Didn't even see it. I really wanted to see them but there was some technical difficulty and 30 mins after their starting time they still hadn't begun. Which would be less of an issue if the next band weren't Nightwish and Nightwish trumps Dragonforce.
Nightwish - Delayed due to rain. After the rain it seemed Dragonforce finally started playing. Nightwish was also good but was mostly their newer stuff which I'm not so familiar with. Powerwolf played stuff I knew.
Iron Maiden - Big Daddies of metal and... I never saw them. There was another band between them and Nightwish but it started raining again and the wind was fairly strong. They stopped the other band and delayed the porgramme 20 minutes. But no sign of the rain disappearing, I was completely soaked and shivering and there was still like 30-40 minutes before Iron Maiden was scheduled to start. Whether they did or didn't I don't know because I cut my losses and went home for a warm shower.

Kinda regret skipping the beginning. I didn't know the bands but at least the weather was nice and I would've got more value for money.

zumindest es war nicht Rock am Ring daß du verpasst, ein große unwetter war da gestern (oder 3 tage vor, Ich weiß nicht) :?
"Sans café, sans vie" (Without coffee, without life) My Grandma Chloë
" am broken, battered, torn apart, yet I persist" - Occitanian Graffiti (translated) in Carcassone, France
Coming Soon to Cape Town ^^ (2017 Year~????)
Icon Credit: Raven Song :3
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Had to run that through translator. >.> Think that's one someone told me about. Saw lightning here but it was far away.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
northernicebear

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:Had to run that through translator. >.> Think that's one someone told me about. Saw lightning here but it was far away.

yeah, my german is terribad sorry, I figured I'd try :P

they had to delay or outright cancel the show, I had a few friends around that area.
" am broken, battered, torn apart, yet I persist" - Occitanian Graffiti (translated) in Carcassone, France
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Mine is hardly stellar. Can get understand only simple things. Or through lucky guesses, similarities and context.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
northernicebear

I spent a good deal of in the Grenoble, which is by Switzerland and Italy; so I know Swiss German, Dialectal French, and some basic italian. I can pick apart [written] afrikaans somewhat easily.
Neon
Species: Huskeh

Post by Neon »

I've spent the last 2 hours catching up on forum posts that I've missed, and I'm just about half way. I think I'm going to call it a night.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

I need to learn some german for work. not a necessity but might make life easier. Or not. I should be asleep, I have work in the morning. But all I can think about is how I'm going to pack all my stuff by next week...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
DRSgrievous
Species: Dragon
Region: Gauteng

Post by DRSgrievous »

Morning Furrs , just got to work waiting for others to arrive so we can get going
I will fight onto the end, none shall harm a family member or a friend, death is just a step, my spirit fights unto the end.
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Post by Cape_F0X »

Dammit! Somebody forgot about their 5o'clock shadow.
SirenLeo
Species: Snox (Snow leopard/ Fox)

Post by SirenLeo »

Ramadam kareem! A month of working half day, time to catch up on my gym and studies. Also get a nice three or four day break at the end, and the specials!!! Specials everywhere!
DRSgrievous

Post by DRSgrievous »

This Dragon is first going to go and grab himself a morning snack because his belly is grumbling. Too bad I can't eat a human or two :p
I will fight onto the end, none shall harm a family member or a friend, death is just a step, my spirit fights unto the end.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

DRSgrievous wrote:This Dragon is first going to go and grab himself a morning snack because his belly is grumbling. Too bad I can't eat a human or two :p
If you change your mind... I have a lecturer... Nobody would miss her... In fact... They might pay you...?
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

All of these random new furs popping up all over the place.

I had an amazing day in Vancouver with my Canadian relatives.

Although, they dragged me to their church, so I had to listen to an hour long sermon about how I was going to Hell.

Great fun.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Ooh, the new Gleipnir is out. That should make the Monday Blues a bit easier. :3
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

Just got back from the hospital, waiting for 3.30pm to go see my GP (hospital referred me to him, isn't it supposed to go the other way round?) So maybe I'll get started on that story I been meaning to write...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
DRSgrievous

Post by DRSgrievous »

Sev wrote:All of these random new furs popping up all over the place.

I had an amazing day in Vancouver with my Canadian relatives.

Although, they dragged me to their church, so I had to listen to an hour long sermon about how I was going to Hell.

Great fun.
Don't worry, I am very Christian myself and look at me I am BI and mostly gay, I know and have faith that God has a place for each of us in heaven, besides times have changed from the old biblical time and God gave us all freedom to choose, in the new testament it says as long as we believe and have faith in God then Jesus blood will was away all our sins and we will go to heaven , no matter our sex lives etc.

I do not like the people preaching to others about what they should to we all have freedom to choose, they cant judge us only God can, those people are the main cause of many being without a religion and it makes me angry and sad at the same time.

I only have slight issues with atheists , yet I still have a atheist friend which I respect, so if I can others can too
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

The sermon had nothing to do with the fact that I am gay (Canada is the single most gay friendly country in the world). It had to do with the fact that I don't believe in some man in the sky.

"In the new testament it says as long as we believe and have faith in God then Jesus blood will was away all our sins and we will go to heaven , no matter our sex lives etc."

Thank goodness that god very likely does not exist, because if he did I might just be rooting for the other team. At least Satan doesn't pretend to be something that he's not.

Lamb of God summed it up very nicely:
This God that I worship (a faded reflection).
This demon I blame (a flickering flame).
Conspire as one, exactly the same.
It's exactly the same.
DRSgrievous

Post by DRSgrievous »

no problem Sev, it is all youre freedom to choose.

getting ready to head home just a few more minutes of work left .
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

To me the words "belief" and "faith" are literally meaningless. You either know something beyond reasonable doubt, or there is a degree of uncertainty. You can't prove or disprove something uncertain, therefore it makes no sense to defend any possibility as absolute truth. That's being open-minded. Being accepting on the other hand is independent of open-/close-mindedness, although they do tend to correlate.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

God exists.
How do you know?
Because the Bible tells us so.
And how do you know that what the Bible says it's true?
Because the Bible is the word of God.

Christian circular reasoning is amazing. The kind of mental gymnastics that these guys have to go through is astounding. And it only gets better as the space in which God inhabitants is shrunk evermore by mankind's increasing understanding of the universe.
DRSgrievous

Post by DRSgrievous »

Just so you all know, I never read the Bibel through and I do not know it well, my faith does not come from a book which was created by humans, it comes from somewhere much deeper, I am otherkin after all, :)
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Species: Husky

Post by Tocs »

I'm playing my new game :3 AND IT IS SO GOOOD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
DRSgrievous

Post by DRSgrievous »

Sadly I stopped gaming a short while back, trying to pull my scaly self together and all
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

What's all this about SA getting terrorist threats now? o.O
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
northernicebear

I'm just looking at cute wild animal videos, baby polar bears, snow leopards, african wild dogs (they're cuties ^^;)
DRSgrievous

Post by DRSgrievous »

I am just laying in bed relaxing , thinking about having a early nap
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Walking. Walking. And then some more walking.
northernicebear

relaxing and waiting for my laundry to finish.