What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Guys, not here. If you want to argue with each other do it somewhere else.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

I have no interest in arguing with him, I was simply defending myself.
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

Well atleast something good came from my fight on YouTube last night. The original poster asked me what the whole furry thing is about. I left quite a large comment for him explaining what everything is about in a very positive light
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

That's one small step for YoteFox, one... giant leap for furkind.
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Sev wrote:That's one small step for YoteFox, one... giant leap for furkind.
Lol something like that XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzBGTAv ... oedcnny2h0

Top Kek was original poster
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Helios_phi wrote:What [sic] am I not surprised that Leeward runs to defend Sev again? It's like you follow him around like a sick puppy.
I defend everyone that gets unduly or unfairly criticised. Sev just gets a lot of that, and it has nothing to do with us being friends.
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)
Region: Gauteng

Post by Randall »

And that is a fact. That is how Leeward is.

In terms of what is going on here... I have figured there is some history here, before my time regarding Helios_phi. Its none of my business, but he has basically ignored me, and I just moved on and actually just forgot about him. He volunteered to be a character in one of my stories, but, I never got anything out of him, so now I sit, trying to find other characters and figuring out what the hell to do.

But now, he goes and makes himself an unperson, his avatar reads ""REDACTED"" WTF is up with that? That's the kind of thing you get from someone about to be swung the banhammer and he knows it is coming.

I know I am not a ball of fun, and I set a bad example, but this is not necessary
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other

Post by Adagio »

Watching some series while having a blind chameleon sit on my shoulder...
Say... Do any of you know how to feed a chameleon that can't see... He was mauled by a cat, and lost his sight (Hopefully temporarily...)
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Species: Husky

Post by Tocs »

I'm trying to get out of bed.. then I hear arguing and a bunch of crap not only on here, but with my family too... so now I just don't want to do anything.
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Adagio wrote:Watching some series while having a blind chameleon sit on my shoulder...
Say... Do any of you know how to feed a chameleon that can't see... He was mauled by a cat, and lost his sight (Hopefully temporarily...)
I once kept a Cape Dwarf for just under a year. I used to feed her by taking her out into the garden on a stick and slowly approaching the stick toward every dog turd in sight, she would catch the flies herself. For a blind one, I think you might have to force-feed it mealworms or maggots or something.
Ocean knight
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Grey wolf

Post by Ocean knight »

The Bing [Bot] just came around and i'm left wondering if anybody even uses Bing.
We are drowning in conformity.
Neon
Species: Huskeh
Region: Other

Post by Neon »

Ocean knight wrote:The Bing [Bot] just came around and i'm left wondering if anybody even uses Bing.
I occasionally use Bing. For um...reasons.
Randall

Post by Randall »

I can honestly say I have never used bing.. the name is so stupid in any case, that is reason enough not to touch it.
Tocs
The glowing blue panda

Post by Tocs »

I used bing to search for Google..
And das not good
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other

Post by Adagio »

Tocs wrote:I used bing to search for Google..
Hahahahaha! At a fresh install of Windows?
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Sonic2k wrote:I can honestly say I have never used bing.. the name is so stupid in any case, that is reason enough not to touch it.
Well Google doesn't exactly sound any less stupid XD
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

Sev wrote:Okay, ignoring the fact that I help Leeward get a job, and that I have helped several furs off forum, what have you contributed? I recall that you were temp banned.
I've had my fingers burnt too many times helping people in the furry fandom. I have paid for art that I've never received. I've helped people that have never paid back. I've even made jewellery for people and ended up never being paid. I got so tired of waiting I told the person that they didn't have to pay. They could just make a gesture. Just a little piece of effort to post me something. ANYTHING. He could have posted me a half eaten sandwich for fuck sake and even that didn't materialise....
Ya. I know what it's like to give and get fuck all back.

The only reason I'm still here is because I was asked to welcome people as a community rep on behalf of my area.

My ban was for suggesting in help and support that someone should kill himself. Much like when Leeward asked me for a certain furries details cause she was worried about him.
I never ended up handing over the details as I stumbled upon info that he apparently has tried to or at least threatened to commit suicide three times before.
I was hoping he got it right this time, alas, not everything works out the way I want, but that's just life.

I really have tried to be nice here.
Very few people have given me reason to.
[REDACTED]
Tocs
The glowing blue panda

Post by Tocs »

I know I do not know your past helios nor do I want to get on your bad side or anything like that... but you do know that not everyone is like that, and although I'm not saying you should shrug off what people in this fandom have done to you in the past, because quite frankly that's simply taking advantage of you.. but don't let a few people determine your opinion of the entire fandom because it is an unfair interpretation of how everyone is.. at least in my experience..
And das not good
Randall

Post by Randall »

I never ended up handing over the details as I stumbled upon info that he apparently has tried to or at least threatened to commit suicide three times before.
Just saying, that you need to consider what its like for people who live with depression. Its not "putting on" like some people think it is. It is a serious, debilitating illness I do not wish on anyone. It is a serious illness, pretty much like having an amputation, and all that.
So what have I done to you? If I have upset/offended you in any way, I am sorry I can apologise but at least tell me what the issue is.
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

Sonic2k wrote:
Just saying, that you need to consider what its like for people who live with depression. Its not "putting on" like some people think it is. It is a serious, debilitating illness I do not wish on anyone. It is a serious illness, pretty much like having an amputation, and all that.
Empathy may be your view, but it isn't everyone's.

Your job is to take care of you. My job is to take care of me. If you have issues like depression that make you a weaker and less capable animal than me, then those issues are yours alone. In the wild, you would be food.

I don't care for weakness and whinging. The human race would be stronger if we did not continually drag the sick and infirm with us.
Sonic2k wrote:So what have I done to you? If I have upset/offended you in any way, I am sorry I can apologise but at least tell me what the issue is.
No, you're new. I don't know you.
[REDACTED]
ShortyPaws
Species: Feline

Post by ShortyPaws »

ANYWAYS. What am I doing right now? I'm listening to Depeche Mode's third studio album. I'm also dying from the heat. Anyone else dying with me?
Bow down before the one you serve,
you're going to get what you deserve.
Tocs
The glowing blue panda

Post by Tocs »

I just shaved my beard off... I kinda forgot what I looked like without it haha, and now I'm going to go and try fix the printer... again...
And das not good
Obsidian
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon

Post by Obsidian »

Helios_phi wrote: Your job is to take care of you. My job is to take care of me. If you have issues like depression that make you a weaker and less capable animal than me, then those issues are yours alone. In the wild, you would be food.

I don't care for weakness and whinging. The human race would be stronger if we did not continually drag the sick and infirm with us.
My Professor has severe depression and is one of the top ten researchers in the world for his field though I suppose we could take him off his medication to keep our gene pool stronger. We could also leave Stephan Hawking to die while we are at it seeing just take away his wheelchair. Throughout history a lot of people who gave us groundbreaking advancements had metal illness's and needed to varying degrees caring for.

Everyone has strengths and weakness's, we are social animals by nature that rely on each others unique traits for survival, happiness and care. Almost everyone views themselves as the most important thing in their universe but we still help one another for the betterment of our society, we have done so before even 10 000 BC because it is beneficial to us.

Your views are only good in the wild where we are better off as beasts rather than sentient creatures.
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, especially if you live near him.

Always be yourself..... Unless you can be a Dragon, then always be a Dragon
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Helios_phi wrote:The only reason I'm still here is because I was asked to welcome people as a community rep on behalf of my area.
Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, I believe you volunteered for that role. How many people from your area have joined since then anyway?
My ban was for suggesting in help and support that someone should kill himself. Much like when Leeward asked me for a certain furries details cause she was worried about him.
I was well aware of his previous attempts, and was wanting to prevent the latest one from being successful. I wouldn't have gone to such desperate measures were it not for trying to prevent a death. You knew nothing of the situation at the time, yet now I find out that you deliberately withheld information that could have saved a life had he gone though with it?
Randall

Post by Randall »

So there, I am on meds, my boss, the furry one, who left late last year, was also on meds.

Helios_phi, I sincerely hope I am wrong about you, but lately, it seems you also have something chafing at your balls. I don't think its just the stuff you mentioned...
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

He's under the illusion that his nihilism and controversial remarks make him some sort of bad ass, or something along those lines.
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

Aaaagh! I slept for 12 hours!
Why phone? Why you no wake me at 8 to check my animation?!
*flings phone across the room.*

The animation failed...
Last edited by rusted hydra on Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

Obsidian wrote: My Professor has severe depression and is one of the top ten researchers in the world for his field though I suppose we could take him off his medication to keep our gene pool stronger. We could also leave Stephan Hawking to die while we are at it seeing just take away his wheelchair. Throughout history a lot of people who gave us groundbreaking advancements had metal illness's and needed to varying degrees caring for.
Does your professor sit in a corner curled up crying about his depression or did he man the fuck up and challenge life back? It sounds like he did. Great news for him, and Stephan Hawkins too. They faced life head on.
That has absolutely nothing to do with me thou. They didn't cry on my shoulder and whinge about life.
I'm talking about the useless. If you feel the need to kill yourself, do it. Don't whine about it.
Leeward wrote: I was well aware of his previous attempts, and was wanting to prevent the latest one from being successful. I wouldn't have gone to such desperate measures were it not for trying to prevent a death. You knew nothing of the situation at the time, yet now I find out that you deliberately withheld information that could have saved a life had he gone though with it?
Lol. Guess what?
You asked me to obtain information by doing illegal things. I am absolutely, totally and 100 percent not fucking obligated to help at all.
Sev wrote:He's under the illusion that his nihilism and controversial remarks make him some sort of bad ass, or something along those lines.
I'd be the next Hitler if only I could find the chance.
[REDACTED]
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

Okay. Restarted animation. Its trudging along at a steady pace
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Helios_phi wrote:
Leeward wrote: I was well aware of his previous attempts, and was wanting to prevent the latest one from being successful. I wouldn't have gone to such desperate measures were it not for trying to prevent a death. You knew nothing of the situation at the time, yet now I find out that you deliberately withheld information that could have saved a life had he gone though with it?
Lol. Guess what?
You asked me to obtain information by doing illegal things. I am absolutely, totally and 100 percent not fucking obligated to help at all.
OFC not, but you got the information and then chose not to help. What the bloody hell was the point of that? Were you scared I'd out you or something?