What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Galahad
Region: Gauteng

Re: What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

Post by Galahad »

Faanvolla wrote:I'm watching LoL esports matches. I didn't think I'd ever enjoy watching esports this much but here i am.
Sounds like you're having loads of Faan.

Today, my grandmother gave me her old alto saxophone to inherit. When she was a young adult, she would play in her father's jazz and swing band, and after seeing how much I enjoy music decided to pass it on to me. Only issue is it hasn't been played in 50 years and although it is still in playable condition, it needs restoration. Cleaning. Dusting. Polishing. And the springs on one of the keys is missing, so that needs to be replaced. And I am just an amateur. But, hey. Not only do I want to learn to play it, but it has enormous sentimental value to me, so I'm going to try and do a job worthy of a professional, uh... … … instrument... restorationist… person.

Though, I will be taking it to a music shop to get some advice. If there is anyone here who plays the saxophone, I'd also appreciate any input. ;)

Sax.png
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

Oh thats awesome!
Be sure to post after pics too please
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Apparently today is a very rare date. I mean, every date is a very rare date but this one has cool palindrome properties that are even rarer than normal palindromic dates.
https://news.yahoo.com/sundays-date-rar ... 26981.html
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

I got hit by a car today! UwU i hit it back pretty hard though so i doubt it will do that again.

<w< thats one saxy sexaphone Galahad! now you can be "blues the raptor"
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

That's a beautiful sax.

It wasn't as rare as everyone kept saying. I hated seeing all those never seen in 900 years.

Why you attacking cars animew!
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

after the 5th page i'm gonna take a break and make a sticker pack instead... i'm right knackerd dontcha know.
Raven Song wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:06 am Why you attacking cars animew!
he started it!
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Animew wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:12 am
Raven Song wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:06 am Why you attacking cars animew!
he started it!
I mean, I'd start questioning your sanity if they hadn't...considering the idea that, had they not started the car all you did was run into a parked vehicle.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

i did so much weeding in my garden! <w< as in i pulled out unwelcome plants, i didnt get stoned... i also chased around a doggo with the intent on putting my underwear on his head. UwU he managed to snatch them and ran off with them though leaving me to recover them later in a drool sodden and dirt covered state... stupid dog! you made me look bad.
Ivic_Wulfe wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:43 am run into a parked vehicle
UwU i have done this a few times actually. my blood alcahol levels are appropriate for those kinds of actions... but not in this particular case, i was walking inocently and was attacked unprovoked. =w= my butt still kinda hurts.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Why do i feel like Animew is my spirit Animu Cat... I've done that too! I've also convinced a drunk motorcyclist to drive into me while I ran straight at him. I was so special once...

I'm learning to hold my tongue and hold my thoughts and not put everything I want to do out into the universe... let it happen in it's good time!
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

That lasted long lol. told all my housemates my plan :P I'm going to apply for the office manager job that just opened up at my office because the office manager just resigned :P I think it would make it easier to do the marketing role as we don't really know how thats working... I think it would just... give us the time to work it in.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

OwO i'm programing yaaaaay! like a leet meat parakeet! UwU oh yea i'm flying through code!

...i'm actually lying... this sucks... my brain sucks... C is hell... i wana die...
Raven Song wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:10 pm Animew is my spirit Animu Cat
UwU spirit animal i am for sure, got all kindsa spirits! high ones low ones even illegal ones!
Raven Song wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:43 pm told all my housemates my plan
this is not nesisarily a bad thing UwU telling folks your plans can help avoid having stupid plans... unless the people you tell are assholes... "OwO/ i'm gonna go eat that funny red pickle!" "hehe, yea thats a great idea! i bet its not some kind of freakishly deformed chilli or anything"
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak

Post by Faanvolla »

Coffee break at work; I'm exhausted.
Raven Song wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:43 pm I'm going to apply for the office manager job that just opened up at my office because the office manager just resigned :P
Good luck! I hope you get it

Animew wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:00 am i was walking inocently and was attacked unprovoked. =w= my butt still kinda hurts.
Glad you're ok, be safe out there.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

I am currently sitting in academic limbo. Tuks has admitted me into their Master's program so I can register (and have to do so soon if theirs is the program I want to do), but I am still awaiting admission news from the university I actually want to go to. Got a letter of recommendation and even did my bachelor's engineering thesis on the topic (jet engines). It's been one week now, but still no news. The professor who recommended me told me admin gets busy and so I shouldn't wait for confirmation, and should just begin the enrolment process anyways.
Gott verdammte. This uncertainty is nerve-wracking.

Tuks is fantastic for aeronautical engineering, but I'm more interested in jet and rocket engines, and the faculty I want to get into is the only one in the country that does that sort of thing.

If there is one thing university admin has taught me and taught me well, it is that if you want anything done competently and for sure, you need either to do it yourself or go there and make sure it gets done, yourself.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

I am relatively certain, reading Galahads description of admin at university... I must be working at a university...

I spoke to man boss about the role today, he said he would talk to his wife (woman boss). So it will be months before they get back to me :P considering ive worked there for 4 months and have asked for a contract 3 times... but oh well.

I have tomorrow off. I have tomorrow off because I needed to leave work an hour and a half earlier but it is easier to ask for a whole day off than it is to ask for permission to leave early. But I am excited for tomorrow because I get to see Katya and the Comedy Queens! 6 drag queens, all making me laff. I am going to be happy :)
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

RavenSong wrote:I spoke to man boss about the role today, he said he would talk to his wife (woman boss). So it will be months before they get back to me  considering ive worked there for 4 months and have asked for a contract 3 times... but oh well.
:lol: Yes, feel my pain! But at least your boss doesn't go out to lunch when you've come all the way to come see him. Tuks admins hours are like "08:00-08:01" followed by <Lunch, Smoke Break, Scrolling Instagram, Doing Something Other Than Reading Your Emails>".
But they won't stop me when I HALO jump early into campus and explosive breach their office and jam their WiFi, and demand they finally take my contract. Special Raptor Ops.

Also, I am dominating that top poster award hard. Where is everyone else? Animew, you're slacking.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Go to UP! I'm working there now. We can have furry lunch times!
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

It's seeming increasingly likely. I was trying to get into UKZN's rocket propulsion labs, but it seems they've already filled their postgraduate quotas. Looks like I may just have to settle for UP for now, and try my luck again when I'm done with my Master's. Just checking out other postgrad programmes offered around, and then I'll reach a final decision early next week.

Also, that's pretty awesome, Rak. :P Guessing you'll be working with the physics department somewhere? Might meet up sometime.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

You are indeed correct. All my boss does is arrive at the most inopportune moment, decide to move all the furniture in the reception around, leave it half done and moan that we haven't gotten all our work done for the day or made enough sales.
But you must HALO jump at them... Scare the shit out of then when u land all badass. Go dressed as master chief too lol. Wait... Is that the wrong Halo?
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

That was indeed the wrong HALO, but your idea sounds much better. Maybe I'll even pick up some sexy Elite chicks while there. I've been practicing my "wort wort wort".
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

fornicating tartarus! i have experienced portions of excriment in lue of a day! no seriously what a shit day... at least i got some laughs out of it.
Galahad wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:48 am Also, I am dominating that top poster award hard. Where is everyone else? Animew, you're slacking.
hey man i got shit to do, {adhesive medical strips} to draw and what not... all while i'm doing a buncha other crap... BUT I'LL GET YOU! UwU and your little firedog too... well, actually he is no contest but you are stealing my thunder! <w< the thunder i stole from Raven...
Faanvolla wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:23 am Glad you're ok, be safe out there.
UwU thanks, i will... well i usually am sober when i go out... but it might be safer to not be.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Got my desktop PC back! And now I've plugged in 3 screens! (My old desktop died and so I took its screen.)
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

I'm about to head to the local post office to renew my license disc. If there is indeed some undetected Corona virus outbreak in the area, I am le fucked in that queue.
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

UwU i'm having a bad day.... i'm having a very bad day... that is all..
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

Galahad wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:54 am I am currently sitting in academic limbo. Tuks has admitted me into their Master's program so I can register (and have to do so soon if theirs is the program I want to do), but I am still awaiting admission news from the university I actually want to go to. Got a letter of recommendation and even did my bachelor's engineering thesis on the topic (jet engines). It's been one week now, but still no news. The professor who recommended me told me admin gets busy and so I shouldn't wait for confirmation, and should just begin the enrolment process anyways.
Gott verdammte. This uncertainty is nerve-wracking.

Tuks is fantastic for aeronautical engineering, but I'm more interested in jet and rocket engines, and the faculty I want to get into is the only one in the country that does that sort of thing.

If there is one thing university admin has taught me and taught me well, it is that if you want anything done competently and for sure, you need either to do it yourself or go there and make sure it gets done, yourself.
I suppose it could cost a lot of money to enrol at Tuks? Registration fees and such?
Also I get that... The uncertain feeling... It's hell for engineers.

As for what I'm doing. I flled a jar with 960g of Jelly Beans.

It's actually a dream come true for me!
Like a christening of a new house.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

I often joke (well, half-joke) that Tuks is the Apple of universities. I teased my friend that he and I were entering into the "iPostgrad" program, after trying to recover from seeing what the registration fee alone was. The fees are ludicrous, and Tuks is notorious for them. However, you do get what you pay for. And in my undergrad, I was heavily involved in some extracurricular projects there that I at least can continue in a more opportune way.

When life pitches you a obstacle in the road you want to go down, you just need to find a detour.
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak

Post by Faanvolla »

Checking the forum at work while I wait for an update,
Just using the 'Unread posts' tab I get what i deserve; I didn't look where the "Diminishment" topic was and just opened it.
Luckily no one was near me. Will be reading a bit more carefully now.
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Lol! Yeah, that's probably not one you want to open with coworkers around.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Not 7 months since my last visit to a hospital, here I am again! Awaiting x-rays after I did, what I can only assume to be, THE sickest flip over my bicycle's handlebars this morning while on my way to work. I've also returned and it was only a dislocation. Problematically it's on my good arm and I probably shouldn't cycle for about 2-3 weeks. :/
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

I guess you could say...

It's a vicious cycle.
WhyDoAttachmentsIncludeNames.png
WhyDoAttachmentsIncludeNames.png (131.42 KiB) Viewed 45084 times
Ivic, I am sure that pun made you feel at least 5% better, if not granted you a miraculous recovery. Like that "toof hurty" pun I sent you at the dentist.

Seriously, though, I hope you get better soon. That sounds legitimately painful.
TheOldWolf
Species: Wolf

Post by TheOldWolf »

Been working through my To-Do list for my moving out stuffs. It's a short to do list it turns out
Exit light, enter night. My fluffy underbelly is the sky.