What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Finished most of my packing and now should be heading to sleep for the last time in South Africa this visit. Tomorrow morning, I'm flying back to Austria.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Venic
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Dragon, Angel, Demon, Wolf
Region: Western Cape

Post by Venic »

Just working on my Youtube Channel. Making Thumbnails for future videos. Trying to reach out to people on Twitter, Facebook and where ever else I can. I know it's probably pointless, but I want to make a career out of this.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I'm back in Vienna.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
TheOldWolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Wolf
Region: Gauteng

Post by TheOldWolf »

Grumpy Puppy, is grumpy. Just finished up my registration for university. Yay? I guess. \._./
Exit light, enter night. My fluffy underbelly is the sky.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

After a very bad start to the year dealing with some deep personal issues, life is slowly but surely starting to turn around for the better. And after several weeks of emotional turmoil and day to day battles, it just feels... good. Even if not everything is 100% yet.

After some sketchy admin issues that led to my university excluding me for bizarre reasons, my appeal was successful and I will be allowed to finish my aerospace engineering degree this year. I also got put in touch with some valuable contacts through a kind professor.

Got a new graphics tablet using my internship funds and will be practicing daily so I can open up commissions and become a part time freelance illustrator within the next few weeks.

Also started kickboxing again and a new gym membership. I go every day if I can.

As for what I'm doing right now? About to go do the above.

All in all? Life isn't good yet, but it's getting better and better. Sometimes you just have to pick yourself up and push.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

Today it's 6 months after Tocs and I got together.
Six of the best months of my life ^^

The first mine paycheck came in! So my contracting is starting to go well!
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

If I hear back from my supervisor, I'll re-submit a paper to a new journal. Had to reformat because they don't accept the same things and it's such an annoying waste of time. Making a whole bunch of pointless changes that have no real effect.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

So adter I came back from Tocsy's after I spent new years with his family, my alternator died on my way home... Was quite terrifying actually. The gauges went haywire, first. Jumping up and down. But I knew it was just the battery going down. Luckily it took me all the way home...

First I did my best to try and fix it... To no avail. It seems the regulator and the diodes both died. But it could also be the windings thst have shorted. So we opted to rsther just play it safe and buy a new one. So thsts what I did. Got it for a decent price through connections. And put it in...

Put the car back together. Caused apearently Henry Ford's vision of the Automobile is to make it as difficult as possible, and I had to stripp off half the engine to get to it.

And nothing. No charging...
I thought it was working at first, and just being weird... But apon testing the charge with a multimeter, it was definitely not charging.

Took it baxk to the place I got it from to have it tested. The chance of me buying a broken altenator is really really small at best...
I got tired of struggling without tools, so I got myself a proper tool kit, and I went and bought an oil filter, thermostat and some seals. I figured, while its all open, I might as well give it a service...

Also reconnected a sensor that was snipped off before I got the car.
And in the process of doing that I broke off the heat gauge sensor...
Also found out my plug wires were losing spark.

~sigh~

Got a new one of those... And finally... FINALLY. I'm done... Just need to find a new rear window, thanks to it being smashed by a burgler.
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

Eating rascals, drinking coffee, staring out the window and procrastinating on ZaFur... Lecturer kept us an additional half our just to mindrape us with the sheer volume of information, I was dead when I got home at around 2 to top it off I'm writing a Evaluation test on Monday the 11th, we started classes like 2 days ago. I'm writing on Auditing and Tax, I did auditing as a subject more than a year ago. I can't remember jack shit.

I don't want to make this sound as if I'm complaining at all, god I am happier than I have been in 5 years with what I'm doing with my life and so extremely thankful for having the opportunity to complete my post grad. Lmao we had to present infront of the class today, thanks to fursuiting and the furry fandom I was one of the most confident people presenting. Which might work against me in the future since I'm going to be the automatic candidate for presentations lol.

Ah jeeze I love life currently... Hope everyone else is doing grand as well!
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Most days my job makes me want to hang myself in the bathroom, but at least I come home to a loving and supportive mate so I've got that going for me which is nice.
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

2019-02-08.png
2019-02-08.png (7.41 KiB) Viewed 8137 times
2019-02-08 (1).png
2019-02-08 (1).png (7.2 KiB) Viewed 8137 times
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Well... What I am doing is irrelevant, the thing that's important is what I'm not doing and thst is sleeping.
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Welp, I've accepted my fate. I'm writing a revision on undergrad tomorrow and I can't remember a thing. I'm failing this one outright. To make things worse my body decided FUCK YOU, you will now be sick. :lol:
I've gotta sleep this one off, need to recover before it gets really bad.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Why are you doing some revision thing? I thought you were already into postgrad?
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

So there I was, this Sunday morning, in the gym, running on the treadmill.

And lo and behold, ladies, gentlemen and Apache attack helicopters...
No more than 15 metres to my right, a stunningly beautiful young lady. And so like a peacock fanning its feathers to attract a mate, I slammed down my index finger on that increase speed button.

Because behold, female of my species...

I have functional legs. Be attracted.

But as the distance wore on and fatigue began to win the race against virility, I decided to compromise a little for my muscles and slow down the speed.

Unfortunately, what I did not anticipate was that - as fate would have it - the "decrease speed" button was unresponsive. Try as I might, the speed was not decreasing.

But, no. I was not going to pansy out and push the stop button. … Right? No! I would soldier on, despite the protest of my now not-quite-as-functional lower limbs. I had random strangers to impress whom I would likely not see again. Besides, I could sense the god of hitting on women, Testosticules, frowning in disapproval at my temptation to throw in the towel.

Accepting that this was likely how I would spend the rest of my life - not in the fast lane, but running at 16 km/h on at treadmill, which is close enough - I pushed on.
Only to realize she had already finished and left. Fuck. Had I been staring in horror at the dysfunctional treadmill's interface for that long?

…. I could just say I went to the gym, but I had to share that cool story.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I just came home from a great D&D session, our first since xmas. Was fun to have more RP than combat for once.

Galahad wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:08 pmTestosticules
I had a good laugh at that one.
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:59 am Why are you doing some revision thing? I thought you were already into postgrad?
To gauge our understanding and to give the lecturers an idea of what they have as students this year. The idea behind the test was to simulate board exam conditions, I liked it actually. I didn't really need to study but a good refresher of some of the core undergrad work did help me quite some in waking up the old dead memories and to rub together the three braincells I have left.

On a second note, I just found out my cellphone contract expires on 31 May and I can upgrade. SO DONE WITH THIS POS LG G6, want to get a samsung either Note 9 or S9
My G4 is still soldering on as my second phone I use for official university stuff, the G6 is just an annoying POS at this point with a broken lense and a very unstable OS can't wait to get a new phone. I'm DONE with LG though.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Ah! I've probably forgotten most of my undergrad!

I had the G2 and I'm now using the G5. They were both pretty good to me.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:56 pm Ah! I've probably forgotten most of my undergrad!
Well I went into a flat spin because I couldn't remember much of what we did and to revise 3 years work in 2 days was quite some kind of expectation. But it ended up more being a general knowledge from undergrad test, more so than a drilled down extremely specific question type test. I think it did okayish, I enjoyed writing it quite a lot.
Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:56 pm I had the G2 and I'm now using the G5. They were both pretty good to me.
I general I like LG phones, the G4 was very good to me barely ever any problems. But the G6 is pissing me off, I have to hard reset to get the fingerprint scanner to work. Apparently the memory is full YET there is barely anything on the damned phone, the SD card constantly corrupts. The charging port decides when it wants to actually work.
Also I don't think LG has any new flagships as of late? I believe the G6 was the latest and the v30 I might just be seriously out of the loop.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I like Huawei. Got a P8 Lite 2015 (not 2017) and it's still going just fine. Least problematic phone I've ever had, after my Motorola SLVR back in the day.
YoteFox

Post by YoteFox »

Leeward wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:01 pm I like Huawei. Got a P8 Lite 2015 (not 2017) and it's still going just fine. Least problematic phone I've ever had, after my Motorola SLVR back in the day.
So far everyone I know with Huawei complains about them x.x
GF has the P-smart and her mother has the P9, sister has one too idk what model though.
They are really unhappy with them, keeps giving issues like the battery randomly draining, contacts being deleted or multiplied and various silly annoying issues from time to time.
I'd rather be fursuiting

- Pepper Coyote

Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

My phone finally gave up the ghost just a few days ago. A Samsung C100. It lasted 15 years.
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Contrast wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:08 pm My phone finally gave up the ghost just a few days ago. A Samsung C100. It lasted 15 years.
May I suggest donating it to the local museum?

I have an old phone you can have?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I saw an iPhone in a museum in Germany. Was kinda strange...
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Adagio wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:44 pm I have an old phone you can have?
Thanks, but a family member already gave me their old phone, so all is well. :)
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I'm doing a sterling job at procrastinating on writing my thesis.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Getting increasingly tired XD I still wake up at 5am in the morning but the difference is that I cycle into work every day now 20km per day. It's time-consuming but worth the effort, I'm feeling fitter and all that but I'm finding my focus slightly affected by it all. I seem to still teach just as well which is good.

I spent the past week swearing under my breath at weather though. This week it's rained Monday to Saturday @_@ I'm beginning to hate the feeling of wet socks XD
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Ivic_Wulfe wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:57 am Getting increasingly tired XD I still wake up at 5am in the morning but the difference is that I cycle into work every day now 20km per day. It's time-consuming but worth the effort, I'm feeling fitter and all that but I'm finding my focus slightly affected by it all. I seem to still teach just as well which is good.

I spent the past week swearing under my breath at weather though. This week it's rained Monday to Saturday @_@ I'm beginning to hate the feeling of wet socks XD
You guys sorted out the pedals? I believe Badge told me so...
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

I am totally freaking out because
BEASTARS IS GETTING AN ANIME!!!

And it's being made by Orange, the same people who made Houseki no Kuni!! AAAAAAA!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Adagio wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:07 am
Ivic_Wulfe wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:57 am Getting increasingly tired XD I still wake up at 5am in the morning but the difference is that I cycle into work every day now 20km per day. It's time-consuming but worth the effort, I'm feeling fitter and all that but I'm finding my focus slightly affected by it all. I seem to still teach just as well which is good.

You guys sorted out the pedals? I believe Badge told me so...
Yeah, the bike is defs fixed. Badge found a pretty good jippo, has worked a charm.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran