What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

Re: What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

Post by Adagio »

Leeward wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:37 pm Le sigh... I was going to play some Fallout 4, but then Steam decided it needed to update RIGHT EFFING NOW.
Could be worse...
Had my entire steam library get corrupted, the first day of the recess...
Was gonna play with Rikkun and Jukai... But I guess not...
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

Started catching up on some of the things i missed while on radio silence and... got bored :P
Technically i am lying in bed not sleeping.
I should be sleeping.
Go to sleep...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Currently noting that the number of registered furries is one of the first airplanes I had the pleasure of being on <3
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
SilverFox12578
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Grey Fox

Post by SilverFox12578 »

Ivic_Wulfe wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:20 pm Currently noting that the number of registered furries is one of the first airplanes I had the pleasure of being on <3
Wow That's interesting. :shock:

Oh back on topic, I'm busy waiting around for my hot glue gun to heat up so I can fix my ornament the dumb cat knocked over last night. ^^"
-Be Crazy
-Be Weird
-Be Awesome
-Be Yourself :)

Telegram: @Silverfox12578. YouTube: SilverFox. Deviantart: Silverfox12578.
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

procrastinating... hard... so hard i might go blind. i never know exactly what i want to draw till i'm all sleepy and cant draw anymore... U.U my comic is never gonna get made.
Ivic_Wulfe wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:20 pm Currently noting that the number of registered furries is one of the first airplanes I had the pleasure of being on <3
lol, you read too many Stephen king books wurdmncer.
SilverFox12578 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:00 pm the dumb cat knocked over
knocking over, knocking up, knocking in general... UwU/ tiz what we cats do best, especially at night.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Quietly hyping about the Spyro rework <3
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Looking forward to tomorrow. The next season of Boku no Hero Academia is coming out! XD
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Trying to figure out what to do for dinner. And then maybe just flopping and dying. Yeah. Dying.
Tigris Astartes
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: Snow leopard/Siberian Tiger

Post by Tigris Astartes »

Contrast wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:00 pm Looking forward to tomorrow. The next season of Boku no Hero Academia is coming out! XD
Oh really? That's a nice surprise! So it's out today??

I am currently just chatting with fuzzies, playing dota (holy shit it is not going as well as it should) annnnd listening to music.
Snow Leopard + Siberian Tiger

Find my Furaffinity here.

Telegram:
Image @TigrisAstartes
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Tigris Astartes wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:45 pm
Contrast wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:00 pm Looking forward to tomorrow. The next season of Boku no Hero Academia is coming out! XD
Oh really? That's a nice surprise! So it's out today??
Yup. It's a filler, though. But still, they've managed to keep the fillers down to only 3%, so I can't complain. :geek:
Tigris Astartes
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: Snow leopard/Siberian Tiger

Post by Tigris Astartes »

It's a filler? I just downloaded it and I was so excited and now I hear filler? Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Snow Leopard + Siberian Tiger

Find my Furaffinity here.

Telegram:
Image @TigrisAstartes
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

At least it's not going the way of Naruto or Bleach. Their fillers went up to 45%. :/
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Contrast wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:18 am At least it's not going the way of Naruto or Bleach. Their fillers went up to 45%. :/
Should we be concerned that you did all this math about anime?
As for me. I've been spending my time drawing up a schematic for an audio amplifier were gonna use to make a huge Bluetooth speaker.

I've been playing arount with Fast Fourier Transforms to make a spectrum analyser for the display, and the results seem to me promising. I've bwen getting number spikes at the range of the dummy values. I'd like to get some advice from someone that actually understands the math because I'm blindly applying it now.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Adagio wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:08 am
Contrast wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:18 am At least it's not going the way of Naruto or Bleach. Their fillers went up to 45%. :/
Should we be concerned that you did all this math about anime?
No math necessary. I just use the Ultimate Anime Filler Guide. :P
http://www.animefillerlist.com/
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Contrast wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:33 am Ultimate Anime Filler Guide.
Why am I not surprised thsts a thing? :roll:
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

It's an absolute necessity for certain anime. Otherwise I'd spend half my time just screeching at the screen: "That wasn't in the manga, you assholes! That's not canon! THAT'S NOT CANON!!" >:C

Think of the pacing, man!! D:
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

Contrast wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:15 pm It's an absolute necessity for certain anime. Otherwise I'd spend half my time just screeching at the screen: "That wasn't in the manga, you assholes! That's not canon! THAT'S NOT CANON!!" >:C

Think of the pacing, man!! D:
Personally I'd rather have well-done filler (please note this) above what happened to Rurouni Kenshin. Two seasons perfectly, frame by frame from the manga. Then the anime caught up to the manga. They inserted a filler season while the manga finished, but by the end of that season it wasn't watched any more, and the manga S3 never got its anime. Of course it also didn't help that they tried to insert overtones of religious persecution into the storyline on the anime side.

I know people hate it, but two of the bigger showers of filler is DBZ (that's why the power-up scenes are so long) and Naruto. And yes, you can see where my interests lie :P Anyways, comparing DBZ to DB Kai shows that the difference in storyline is negligible, the first is just longer to watch. And I really enjoyed some of Naruto's side-quests that wasn't manga-related.

That said, there are some series where the filler really destroyed the anime for me. You hear me, Soul Society?
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

As a writer, I think I might be more sensitive to the detrimental effects of filler than the average viewer. Rule no.1 of writing is to omit unnecessary words, and with fillers you've got entire episodes, sometimes entire seasons that are totally unnecessary. They can wreak havoc on the pacing of a show, and even the staunchest of fans can get frustrated. That's why I usually skip filler episodes. They're not a part of the author's original vision for his story, and that just goes against my grain so much. I can't help but imagine how pissed I would be if some third party decided to add a bunch of extra, unnecessary chapters to my novels just to pad them out.

All that being said, I'm happy that anime has started to move away from the filler system. In the days of Bleach and Naruto, they tried to keep the episodes going for as long as possible, but now, with series like Boku No Hero Academia, they're adopting a seasonal system. Yes, this means there's a sizable wait between seasons, but the trade-off is higher quality episodes and a greater emphasis on canonical story-telling, which improves the pacing and is closer to the author's original vision. Not only that, but it also frees up some time slots for other series which might have been pushed aside otherwise.
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

Oh, I agree with you there. I'd prefer no filler at all, but if you have to have them, or run into issues, rather do them artfully.

The real deciding factor would be the viewership in Japan. We will have to see If they prefer to rather see 10 years of an anime in one go (Naruto), with filler, or have 1 season a year, for example. Some people may not watch S2, as there have been variety in the meantime. Also, it depends on the studios. If the anime of X makes money, then they have a financial incentive to keep going, no matter what, even sometimes beyond what the writer considered wise.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Discovering how much of Family Guy Season 10 is spent in the hospital... and waiting patiently for my first ever take out delivery to my caravan!
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

My take out arrived beaches!!! Fook yeah!!!! Living in a caravan in the middle of nowhere feels less isolated now :lol:
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

i am making the first standardized furry OC character sheet template.
Raven Song wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:45 pm Living in a caravan in the middle of nowhere feels less isolated now
Owo are you a pirate?
Contrast wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:00 pm Rule no.1 of writing is to omit unnecessary words
UwU/ really woman, have you even seen how some of the mainstream writers pad their stories? in the average Stephen king novel you can expect him to talk about the color of someones underpants for at least five pages. does this bother people? YES! yes it does but we read it anyway because what we watch and what we read depends largely on what we hear our friends talk about. quality plays no part in popularity... just look at game of thrones... utter garbage but everyone watches it, even me.
in the modern age, its how much hits you get... not how good you are. tiz a sad condition of our times and we may as well embrace it.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Sadly I am not a pirate. I wish I was...
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Don't lie, Raven. We all saw you pirating that one version of internet explorer. Hardcore.

Before the admins jump on me, taze me, and fire 12 warning shots into my head, the above was a joke and not an implication of a crime.

I am currently asserting my dominance over some calculus work. You could almost say I derive much joy from it.
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Post by Cape_F0X »

My dad should stop looking at Belgian Malinois puppies pictures on Pinterest, because it's just a temptation to buy one.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Yeah. Time to start looking at Czechoslovakian wolfdogs instead.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Animew wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:24 pm
Contrast wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:00 pm Rule no.1 of writing is to omit unnecessary words
in the average Stephen king novel you can expect him to talk about the color of someones underpants for at least five pages.
Actually, Stephen King is the one who said "Rule no.1 of writing is to omit unnecessary words" (William Strunk and a bunch of others, too). In addition to that, he also explains very clearly and succinctly in his non-fiction work "On Writing" that you should never bore your audience with exhaustive descriptions of your characters' wardrobes or their physical appearances.

Yes, sometimes Stephen King does write very long, sprawling novels, but he has also written some excellent short novellas. "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption" and "The Body" (more commonly known by its movie adaptation "Stand By Me") spring to mind.

Not trying to start shit, just thought your comment was unfair.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

“Writing is easy. All you have to do is cross out the wrong words.” Mark Twain.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Post by Cape_F0X »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:01 pm Yeah. Time to start looking at Czechoslovakian wolfdogs instead.
Nope, availability, price and temperament are deciding factors. (if we were to buy another dog)
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Contrast wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:05 pm Not trying to start shit,
TwT why not!? Contrast! Y U NO START SHIT WHIF ME!?

on a serious note i think it was actually Azimof that has the meme. <w< you know, "Azimofs gun" or something. UwU/ but there is no denying Stephen king is painfully long winded sometimes... Owo most times actually. i liked Popsy among his short stories but i still think he is better suited to writing detective stories. Owo i think he did once... but even he admits to selling by the pound. ironically dean coons went into the detective stuff despite being the less long winded one of the two... what is up with that...
Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:14 pm “Writing is easy. All you have to do is cross out the wrong words.” Mark Twain.
that's the editors job actually... a good editor can really save a story from a bad writer.

Owo on the topic of Stephen king tho, did you see how he recently sold out!? mother fucking slut let them make a movie about the dark tower... and its terrible!