Fursona Help

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Jay Fuzz
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Vulpes vulpes
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Fursona Help

Post by Jay Fuzz »

So... My involvement with the fandom sorta died for about a year, wasn't very active and so on, but as of mid-ish last year I got back into it.. Like, WAYYY back into it, and I decided it was time to draw my sona (Jason) in a new, not nightmarish way, and I did.

The only problem is that now I've decided I want to make his patterns (Or lack thereof) a bit more interesting, as well as giving him a new surname. Having his name be Jason Brody (the same as the protagonist of Far Cry 3) just bothered me too much.

I plan on keeping the first name as Jason, cause I really like the name Jason, but I sorta want the surname to be themed around snow or snowy forests, it just seems like the kind of place I'd love to go and get lost in and explore. One of my friends came up with the name Jason Auburn, which I liked, but didn't quite flow too well or fit his appearance.

Help and suggestions would be much appreciated, so thanks. :D

Here's the updated drawing of Jay, btw.. Sorry that it's such atrocious quality, I dunno why my scanner does that, but it's really annoying. Also sorry for not having, like, a ref sheet or anything that shows off his current design too well.. I'm just too lazy to get something done. XD
Attachments
Jay.png
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Re: Fursona Help

Post by Cape_F0X »

Surname suggestion: Slate (Sleet felt a bit on the nose)
Jay Fuzz

Post by Jay Fuzz »

Should probably say: it doesn't HAVE to be snow themed.. especially since he's bright magenta and yellow, two VERY un-snow-like colours. XD

I just wanted something a bit more out there to take attention away from the sort of more normal first name.

Also: I'm liking the suggestion, but I don't think the name beginning with S works too well, but I'm really grateful for the help! :D
Literally Nothing.. :D
ArtyLoop
Sexual preference: Straight

Post by ArtyLoop »

How a fursona is arrived at

Let's look at mine and how I got there.

As someone who is outwardly shy and somewhat awkward, I love wolves, especially the grey wolf, as he has confidence and social ability to be part of the pack. Something which I lack in real life.
So my fursona is a different take on my personality, he is things I want to be but cannot always achieve in RL. My fursona is a projection of my strengths and a cover for my perceived weaknesses.
It is an extremely personal thing, so I would suggest that you do some introspection first, even before you choose a name or a species.

The wolf, the strong, assertive, masculine, and confident personality is what my fursona allows me to express.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

For some people it's less profound than that. My species is based on my zodiac sign because its associated personality traits fit me well, or so I'm told since I don't believe in astrology.
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

What can I say... I like fox fursuits xD
Designed something I thought would look cool as a fursuit
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Jay Fuzz

Post by Jay Fuzz »

^ This! Foxes are too cute, hence Jason XD

Jason's personality is basically just the same as mine: Geeky nerd, pretty okay when talking to people, ambiverted, etc etc. :D
Literally Nothing.. :D