Celebrate a Fur

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Celebrate a Fur

Post by Trace »

Hello all!
Happy 2018!
I wanted to try to start this New Year off with a little bit of positivity.
It can be easy to get stuck in the negatives sometimes... So let's try to start things off right this year. ^.^
In this thread, I'll ask that you share a time where you appreciated another fur. It could be a time when you appreciated someone being helpful to you or to another, a time you appreciated something another fur was doing, or even a time where you liked someone's art or writing. It doesn't have to be anything big; it can be anything at all, as long as it is positive/uplifting.
A few rules to keep this going in the right direction:
Please keep things positive here. I want to see people saying nice things about each other. :3
If you are given mention, feel free to respond. If you have issue with what someone has said about you, please contact them privately instead of in this thread.
Most importantly, keep being awesome. You are a great group of furs, and I know that there is a lot to celebrate here. So let's do so!

To start things off, I would like to talk about… Leeward!
Leeward was the first fur to welcome me to the forum, which I still really appreciate. She has volunteered much of her time and energy into assisting where she can with the forum, as well as within the SA fandom as a whole. She also has been doing some awesome stuff with her Leeworks Gear website, and I am excited to see where it will go and what she’ll be making next. ^.^
Thanks for being awesome, Leeward. ^.^
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Nasheera

Re: Celebrate a Fur

Post by Nasheera »

What a great idea, Trace!

Firstly, I'd like to say thanks to Adagio for welcoming me to the forum and being a generally awesome and understanding peacemaker and fluffball. Keep it up dude! 😄

Next, a big thank you to Sudan Red for supporting my fursuit making journey and offering helpful feedback and information concerning my drawings. I'm really grateful for it 💙
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Well I certainly wasn't expecting this; thank you, Trace.

If I may be a bit sentimental, I'd like to mention Sev. He never stopped believing in me, even when we were at odds. He staked his reputation on me to help me get a job at his company when I was in a bad place in life. He even gave me one of his motorbikes, although that unfortunately didn't work out in the end. He had so much love to give, so much passion. He was a truly special friend to me and I'll never forget him.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

I will absolutely second Sev.
He really was something very special. For the short time that I got to know him, he was truly an awesome person. He always had something interesting to talk about, and took a genuine interest in my own life in return.
I will always treasure the time that I was able to spend talking to him.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf
Region: Gauteng

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

I'd like to 3rd Sev I didn't know him as as well as I'd have liked but the proxy info I got was genuinely positive.

I'd also like to nominate people like ArtyLoop who's made some really good progress in respect to the projects he wants to do.

Leeward as well. I think even though she's found a love hate relationship at times with some people but I think she's always at least remained consistent in what she believes in.

Valerion for taking hits and rolling with what he would like to see. He follows consultative processes and has been a major help on the con board.

which leads me to thanking Yukon. This man works tirelessly in respect to the convention as well and has been really really amazing as the vice chair. He's been doing stellar work and I really need to thank him here as well.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
BysnhRoach
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Human
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by BysnhRoach »

I celebrate my long lost bunny Leon, cutest kindest thing on the planet, wish good things for him. on the forum, I admire Animew, funny as hell and love the in your face honesty. That fiery admin guy, something with an R I cant remember is also pretty funny, especially when you poke him in the side. Reading Leewards posts always makes me think deep, and I love thinking so yaay. also instead of only celebrating individual furries, ill say cheers to the forum as a whole.
Insanely Inane
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Given that it's his birthday today, I think this is the perfect opportunity to talk about another fur: Badge!
I know that he doesn't really frequent the forums anymore, but he is still very much a part of the SA furry community. He is the reason that I am here at all, and remains one of my closest friends in or out of the fandom.
Badge is an absolutely incredible guy, and he has done more for me than I could ever say.
Please, keep being amazing, bud.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Where do I even begin? My stay in this community is by no means the longest; I joined in March 2016 (although, technically, I was briefly part of the community from January to February 2012 before going on hiatus, under a different username but same fursona) and so will have been full-time part of it only for almost 2 years.

But within those 2 years, I have met some magnificent specimens worthy of commendation! :P

Trace! You were there for me during a very dark time in my life (around March 2017), and I am by no means exaggerating when I say your support and presence was not only valuable, but important in helping me get through what I did. I appreciate that. In general, you are a kindhearted, optimistic and genuine person - you have no ulterior, underhanded motives, and you seek to bring out the best in your friends. You always provide a listening ear to those in trouble, proven by the fact that you are usually one of the first to offer help in V&S. Keep being amazing.

Now, onto my next--

Hm, what's that?

It's "celebrate A fur", not "celebrate furs"? I'm only allowed to pick one?
Well, you got me started, and you can't stop me now! Screw your rules!

Sudan Red! Or, as I like to call her... Sudanosaurus Redx! :P How many facepalms has your skull endured now from all my puns? I think you could probably kill a man from a single headbutt at this point. :laughing: Firstly, your art; it is no wonder that your skills are in demand. You are talented (even if you are willing to deny that ;) ), and I am always happy to see you send a WIP or completed piece to me. Beyond that, your quirky sense of humour (I still laugh at that joke-story you made wheere you likened furry drama to a meeting of old tannies) and down-to-earth, practical outlook make you a wonderful person to talk to. You distance yourself from petty and needless drama, and cause none yourself.

I could keep going on.

Ryall! Though you are a mischevious scallywag and I am not quite sure out from under which bridge your trollface crawled, you are still one of the most level-headed people I know. Behind the humour and mischief, is a mature and caring heart of someone who reaches out to those in need. Who is hospitable, generous and caring - and I know because I experienced those first hand, and am grateful for it. Thank you. And need I even comment on your quick and striking wit? ;)

Next, I'd like to mention L--

No! Put me down! Don't drag me off the stage! I'm not done!
I'll be back to post mo--
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Galahad wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:49 pm Ryall! Though you are a mischevious scallywag and I am not quite sure out from under which bridge your trollface crawled, you are still one of the most level-headed people I know. Behind the humour and mischief, is a mature and caring heart of someone who reaches out to those in need. Who is hospitable, generous and caring - and I know because I experienced those first hand, and am grateful for it. Thank you. And need I even comment on your quick and striking wit? ;)...
Galahad, how dare you cast my douchebag fursona in a positive life! 😒

Hehe, I kid. Thank you Galahad, I really do appreciate the kind words. ☺️

My nominees are Galahad and Sudan Red. I think both of you have been very positive influences within the fandom since you've joined; I think you both write thoughtful and interesting posts; and I love your dry humor. You are also both admirably integrous and sincere.

Galahad, you had better make an appearance for some coffee and board games when I get up to Joburg. Stand me up again and Sudan will have her hands full with all the forensic work that will be required.

Sudan, I hope to taste your cooking someday: it sounds delicious and I like chefs who are creative and resourceful, and if your writing is anything to by, I am sure you are an engaging conversationalist.
Hahaha! :lol: