Attraction to furries vs to humans

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.

How much do you like humans relative to furries?

0%: Ewwwww, humans. No way!
3%
5%: Furries all the way... Except for that one guy/girl...
6%
15%: I mostly like furries, but humans are nice on occasion
19%
30%: I like both, but definitely feel furries are more attractive
22%
50%: I like both equally, more or less
31%
70%: I like both, but definitely feel humans are more attractive
3%
85%: I mostly like humans, but sometimes furs are just attractive
6%
95%: Humans are the best! But once in a while, a fur is pretty nice
6%
100%: Furries are pretty great people, but I don't really see the attraction to the art. Humans all the way!
3%

Total votes: 32
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox
Region: Gauteng

Attraction to furries vs to humans

Post by jacojerb »

Good day furs. I just wanted to hear how much attraction, sexual or otherwise, you feel towards humans relative to furries. In other words, do you generally find people more attractive than furries? Or furries more attractive than people? Note that I mean physically, as in you haven't exchanged a single word with them and don't know anything about them

I, personally, am mostly attracted to furries. It takes an exceptional human to really get my interest these days. With people, personality is pretty much everything (though not taking care of your body is a pretty clear indication of your personality). But most of the time, a relatively attractive fur will always beat a relatively attractive human
Mew?
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Re: Attraction to furries vs to humans

Post by Contrast »

For the most part, I find furries more attractive than people (only when drawn, though, not in real life). There are exceptions, however. Like 1980's Meg Ryan and 1990's Jessica Alba.

And Katie Melua. OMG Katie Melua...
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

to me people are fugly. but hey, i like having sex so i have incredibly low standards.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

I prefer furries, without a doubt. Just like Ryall, I wish that I could be my fursona and that some eventual partner could be theirs as well.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

I voted, but forgot to comment.

So excuse me, while I cast my necromancy on this thread and unceremoniously exhume its bones from the graveyard.

I do find certain anthropomorphic characters quite attractive, yes. Would I say they are more attractive than people? For me, it depends more on the individual. There are some absolutely stunning human women, and there are some absolutely stunning anthro females. Of course, the fact is that only one of those two is real. :P A grim reality, I know, but an unchangeable one. But, overlooking that, I think I'd go with 50%, which is what I voted for. I like both, and it depends more on the individual.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

For me that would depend on whether you mean aesthetically or sexually.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Why not explain your opinion of each? :) Jaco did say it could be "sexual or otherwise", so it could be either.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Sexually, there's not much to say, they're pretty much on par with each other at zero. That's just the way I'm wired.

Aesthetically, I find anthros far more interesting and on average more attractive; humans are boring to look at, they're all the same, their physique is so limiting, and apart from their intellectual ability they seem to have evolved backwards. I wish I had digitigrade legs to run faster and jump higher, tougher feet that can go on at least gravel without injury, a prehensile tail for balance and holding things, mobile pinnae for better hearing and body language, a skull structure with a muzzle and therefore sinuses that aren't so prone to infection every winter, and fur that changes coat thickness throughout the seasons to keep me at an adequate body temperature at all times of the year. Those are all things human ancestors used to have, but lost over time.
BysnhRoach
Species: Human
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by BysnhRoach »

Furries are more Beautiful, but being a human I must give myself a little Credit haha
Insanely Inane
ArtyLoop
Sexual preference: Straight

Post by ArtyLoop »

The poll doesn't cover how I view reality, so I think let's put it here.

I like the art of furry-ness, in other words I like the draw to the con, and the opportunity to prance around in fur, and to express an alter persona in that state. I also like chatting to the smart people in the fandom, because its intellectually refreshing compared to anywhere else. And I am in it for the art. Its a hobby.

In terms of animals, I am big into them, I love cats, and if I had my way we'd have 10 cats.