Thoughts about the furry fandom, and why I want to leave it

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf
Region: Gauteng

Re: Thoughts about the furry fandom, and why I want to leave it

Post by Valerion »

Galahad wrote:As far as I am aware, Leeward was active on the Furnace - her forum - because she was welcoming a new member; a responsibility that would naturally fall onto her as administrator. Besides, if she did abandon that forum as well, one could choose to criticize her abrupt departure from there, instead. She has her reasons and personal circumstances, just as each of us has his or her own - and this is a tedious matter. So how about we stop monitoring unnecessarily the activity of others so closely, and leave them be?
Agreed here. Let's not start (or continue) drama where there's currently none.
Splicer-Fox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing
Region: Gauteng

Post by Splicer-Fox »

I think we should have a cold war.
I want to establish a furry spy agency to monitor the rebel activity.
Suspected collaborators and sympathizers must be uncovered and interrogated.

We also need a:
Propaganda program.
Weapons/military program.
And space agency to prove our scientific superiority.

I wish this could be defused with slightly yiffy art like I did last time.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

In mah personal opinion (and if you are on Furnace you'd have read the back story to this) Lee is going through a very rough time. I think her post here isn't a "You all need to go away and I'm leaving the interwebs for good". It's a "I'm re-evaluating what is priority in my life and this place isn't one of them. heck even my own website isn't really but I had enough time to quickly welcome one new person and tell my people one piece of rough news."

Leeward is if anything a realist. She knows whats good for her and while for a while she thought shed have messing with us but that isn't a necessity in her chaotic life.

I don't always see eye to eye with her but I think everyone should respect the fact that she's got her view and opinion and leave her be with it.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

Sev wrote:couple of users rubbing him the wrong way.
TwT and i wasn’t here to rub him the right way... NOOOO! helios syama! there was still so many inappropriate discussions we needed to have in public!
Splicer-Fox wrote: It seems that Sahnik/Squirrel wanted to arrange big projects around the SA community
this is probably the most twistiest part of the drama, friggen classic! the boring ass family man goes all out nutters over folks criticizing his plans to make a yiff magazine! apparently even writing songs about the furs that pissed him off! OwO seems i totes misjudged him, i'd high five him but he got his butt banned off most places… respect.
Splicer-Fox wrote:cheese pizza
... you know, I’ve completely forgotten about that term... and then i went and described inkbunny as a pizza to say it’s not all full of pedophiles... *face pawm* i didn’t even notice my unintended pun...
Rakuen Growlithe wrote:she's been logging in here regularly
BAD! BAD FIRE DOG! where’s my newspaper so i can smack your butt! she logged in as hidden! she did that for a reason, <w< using your admin powers to get 1up in a personal matter is naughty!
Valerion wrote: Let's not start (or continue) drama where there's currently none.
hey I’m just trying to make sense of drama passed, not trying to stir it up or anything. \(Owo)/ i mean there were songs man! SONGS! y'all had your lols in real time but i was denied my lols so lemeh catch up on that which is lolsworth. puleeze Mr. wolfie?
Splicer-Fox wrote:I wish this could be defused with slightly yiffy art like I did last time.
YIFF! bringing the fandom together since [insert relevant time]
RavenSong wrote:I don't always see eye to eye with her but I think everyone should respect the fact that she's got her view and opinion and leave her be with it.
the moment you post your view and opinion on the internet it becomes subject to disrespect...
just sayin...
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

This could probably benefit from not having an extra bit of crazy and I did receive a request to lock it, so I think for now we can let this thread rest.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~