What fursona would you choose, if not your current one?

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena
Region: Gauteng

What fursona would you choose, if not your current one?

Post by Ryall »

What, and why? Straightforward question. List one or many. You can give a detailed description of your alternate fursona(s) or simply name the species.

For me I would have to say:
Dragon - dragons are cool.
Otter - my original fursona was an otter, back when I used to swim every day. I guess that word could be used to describe me.
Deer - stags are sexy.
Wild dog - similar to hyena.
?????? - secret alias.

I don't have any meaningful reasons for wanting to be any of the above, hence I stick with hyena, but those species do tickle my fancy a little.

I can't really think of anything else off the cuff right now, but I will be sure to explain them all in more detail later, and add more at a later stage if I figure I have left one out.

Your turn! :P
Hahaha! :lol:
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Re: What fursona would you choose, if not your current one?

Post by Sev »

I was torn between a Snow Leopard and a Siberian Tiger back when I was still choosing my fursona. I decided to go with a Snow Leopard because it better matched my physique.

I have occasionally wondered about a wolf, but at this point, I really couldn't see myself as anything else.

Maybe a dragon, though, because I was a huge fan of American Dragon back in the day.
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Species: Dog (Vampire)

Post by Faanvolla »

If I had to choose today, I'd probably go with a cheetah or a lion (since those are the only darn species my bf draws, and maybe he'd draw me if I was one too :P)

Joke aside, my hair when it's at its fluffier stage post wash could look like a lion mane, so I'd go with that.

After lion, maybe a Kudu for the swirly horns, or an Eland for the clakky hooves.
Or just go Springbok 'cause SA.
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Nope. 100% bat, all the way, forever and ever, amen. I didn't even think about it when the time came to design my sona back in 2012. It was just there, already complete in my head.
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
jacojerb
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

I still can't decide between a bunny or a fox... Or a bunny fox hybrid (funny box?).

Kinda been leaning more towards bunny. Inspired by Max, from Sam and Max, and maybe the white rabbit, from Alice in Wonderland...

Other than that... Snow leopard has been my favourite animal for as long as I can remember. Have considered it a lot, but I don't think it suits me...
Mew?
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I've considered modifying my fursona from a vanilla domestic cow to a wild yak, but I'm still undecided on that since I love highland cattle.

If not a bovine though I might have picked a wild boar.

And if you really want me to pick something that's not an ungulate, then a platypus.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Let's just hope that no other highland cows come around.

Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

In my early days of furryness (yes, that's a word now) I was torn between choosing an otter or grizzly bear for my main fursona, but those weren't wacky enough for me! So, after much research and many wasted sketches, I settled with a crux because... Well... I have no clue, honestly.
But now, if I think about it, I'd have to say that having an otter fursona would be pretty cool. I really feel that the animal portrays a lot of my characteristics.

Ah, and for interest's sake, I've attempted creating secondary fursonas, a grey and orange goat called Jumper and a mouldy, moss covered skull dog named Kaiju. But they never stuck!
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Faanvolla wrote:If I had to choose today, I'd probably go with a cheetah or a lion (since those are the only darn species my bf draws, and maybe he'd draw me if I was one too :P)

Joke aside, my hair when it's at its fluffier stage post wash could look like a lion mane, so I'd go with that.

After lion, maybe a Kudu for the swirly horns, or an Eland for the clakky hooves.
Or just go Springbok 'cause SA.
That's what I was missing! A cheetah! :)
I would go cheetah because I like running; I have a slender build; and Vox really likes cheetahs (Vox is a bit spotty you see). Again, mostly superficial reasons. :)

Also Faan, your boyfriend's artwork is really good! I love the colours! :D
Contrast wrote:Nope. 100% bat, all the way, forever and ever, amen. I didn't even think about it when the time came to design my sona back in 2012. It was just there, already complete in my head.
I must admit I find it very odd that you feel so attached to the bat fursona, yet you would never want to be an anthro IRL. I guess attachment manifests in different ways.

Leeward wrote:I've considered modifying my fursona from a vanilla domestic cow to a wild yak, but I'm still undecided on that since I love highland cattle.

If not a bovine though I might have picked a wild boar.

And if you really want me to pick something that's not an ungulate, then a platypus.
A pig lady? Now I know hyenas are considered by some to be ugly, and I can definitely see the appeal in cows (<3 Tauren, you own that Lee!), but pigs: now that's something. You are a strange and wonderful person Leeward. ;)
Last edited by Ryall on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

i have often considered being a shark or a rat or a ferret...

tiger sharks are cool and they eat a lot like me and are sexy

I love rats

I am a ferret... or stitch.

but that's why I changed my sona to a bit of a shape shifter so I CAN BE EVERYTHING
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Utahraptor or bust. ;)

I find myself identifying with it the most. If I really had to choose another species - and I would do so with great reluctance and disappointment -... it would likely be a gryphon or a dragon, for somewhat different reasons. I admire the elegance and majesty of the gryphon, while also appreciating the raw masculinity and sheer power of a dragon. It would prove a very difficult decision, but in the end I imagine I would take the gryphon. Simply because with the right design the gryphon could also exude power, while not losing out on grace.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

If I had to choose another pokemon... probably vaporeon. So sleek and sexy.
Normal animals... foxes are cute but perhaps overdone. A fluffy snow leopard though, that could work. ^^
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Sudan Red
Species: Lion

Post by Sudan Red »

I have always identified most as a lioness - nothing else has ever stuck. Even my lioness has changed over the years but mostly due to IRL circumstances.

If not a lioness, I'd choose a smaller cat (caracal perhaps, because they are badass) or ratel (because honey badger doesn't give a fuck).
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:If I had to choose another pokemon... probably vaporeon. So sleek and sexy.
Normal animals... foxes are cute but perhaps overdone. A fluffy snow leopard though, that could work. ^^
Oooh, you hear that Sev? You've got company. ;p

Also Rakuen, I think you forgot Mew. ;)

Faanvolla wrote:If I had to choose today, I'd probably go with a cheetah or a lion (since those are the only darn species my bf draws, and maybe he'd draw me if I was one too :P)...
I think you should twist his arm and get him to draw some dogs for a change. Also, I saw some tigers in there too. His art is amazing! :)
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Species: Dog (Vampire)

Post by Faanvolla »

Ryall wrote:
Faanvolla wrote:If I had to choose today, I'd probably go with a cheetah or a lion (since those are the only darn species my bf draws, and maybe he'd draw me if I was one too :P)...
I think you should twist his arm and get him to draw some dogs for a change. Also, I saw some tigers in there too. His art is amazing! :)
He's drawn some dogs previously, but I'll tell him your recommendation :P

He also forbade me from going cheetah, insists I only go lion :P
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Ryall wrote:
Contrast wrote:Nope. 100% bat, all the way, forever and ever, amen. I didn't even think about it when the time came to design my sona back in 2012. It was just there, already complete in my head.
I must admit I find it very odd that you feel so attached to the bat fursona, yet you would never want to be an anthro IRL. I guess attachment manifests in different ways.
There's a huge difference between being a "bat" on the internet and being an actual anthropomorphic bat in real life. How the hell would I even finish my novel? Tap out the letters one by one with my weird, creepy bat thumbs? o.O
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Contrast wrote:
Ryall wrote:
There's a huge difference between being a "bat" on the internet and being an actual anthropomorphic bat in real life. How the hell would I even finish my novel? Tap out the letters one by one with my weird, creepy bat thumbs? o.O
Haha, both you and Leeward insist on having weird hands on your fursonas. I guess it's pretty hard to avoid what with those wings and weird thumbs being an iconic feature of bats. You could always do as dragons do and have an extra pair of limbs I guess, or do what some bat furries have done and have reduced webbing and normal fingers.

It doesn't matter of course, it's just I guess part the fun of having a fursona for me is imagining being it. Thanks for the response. :)
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:If I had to choose another pokemon... probably vaporeon. So sleek and sexy.
No, no, no more snow leopards. They are supposed to be rare, damn it.

Also, what's with the Pokemon love?
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Sev wrote:
No, no, no more snow leopards. They are supposed to be rare, damn it.

Also, what's with the Pokemon love?
What's with the snow leopard love? They are pretty overrated. :P
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Says the mangy hyena, who's only gay because he doesn't want to be raped by the female of his species.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Since I don't much like anthro pokemon, if I had to get a fursuit it'd probably then be a snow leopard.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Sudan Red wrote:If not a lioness, I'd choose a smaller cat (caracal perhaps, because they are badass) or ratel (because honey badger doesn't give a fuck).
Huh, talk about coincidence... Both of those are species I've made my mate try on for size. I'm trying to make him an honorary furry so that I can commission furry art featuring the both of us. Seems like that's never going to happen at this rate... Tried and rejected: koala, caracal, ratel, cyborg ram.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

At least I had a bit more luck with ZQ and his Red Panda fursona.

That being said, I just cannot seem to convince him to draw it himself.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Leeward wrote:
Sudan Red wrote:If not a lioness, I'd choose a smaller cat (caracal perhaps, because they are badass) or ratel (because honey badger doesn't give a fuck).
Huh, talk about coincidence... Both of those are species I've made my mate try on for size. I'm trying to make him an honorary furry so that I can commission furry art featuring the both of us. Seems like that's never going to happen at this rate... Tried and rejected: koala, caracal, ratel, cyborg ram.
Maybe you could commission art of you together with him as a hooman. It'll be hilarious, considering the size difference (you could like, lean your elbow on his head or something). Also, it can't be that unheard of, right? Tauren and humans? That must have happened canonically at some point, right?

Right? :|
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Are you hoping for some straight yiff to emerge out of this?
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

No, Sev. I even gave a perfectly cute, non-yiffy example of what a picture like that might look like. And as for the Tauren/Human thing, I was referring to romantic relationships in general, not specifically sexual ones.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Fair enough, but you can't exactly say that my assumption was unjustified. :P
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Sev wrote:Are you hoping for some straight yiff to emerge out of this?
Death by snu-snu.
Splicer-Fox
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Post by Splicer-Fox »

I am still torn between a fennec and red fox.
So I have them both made as a work in progress.

If not a fox I would have a dragon.
But I can’t settle on a color or pattern.
I also prefer webbing used instead of horns and spikes.

If not a dragon I would choose a skunk.
I’m all about the tails… even with my current foxes I usually ask that the tails be massive.
I don’t like dark colors though, so I would replace the black of the pelt with some sort of beige or tan color.

If not a skunk I would pick sergal or synx.
I love the slightly creepy design. They are almost a perfect compromise between scales and fur.
I would probably just have a plain white pelt with perhaps a main or webbing of a darker color.
And allot of emphasis on the eyes.

Problem is people seem to have worse opinions of sergals than they do foxes, so I am reluctant about it.
I was hoping that being a splicer would give me license to chop and change but I ended up just sticking with the 2 work in progress foxes. Keeping them as basic as possible and making them more unique as time goes on.
That plan has not gone far yet. :(
Franky
The Bad Guy
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox

Post by Franky »

A sperm whale fursona.