We're Leaving for Distand Shores

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Dasc-Crescent
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Wolf
Region: Other

We're Leaving for Distand Shores

Post by Dasc-Crescent »

Almost a year ago, me and Jaco decided to take a pretty big leap into the unknown...

Now months have passed and my savings have built up, now it's time to start packing.

In just over 1 month, Jaco and I will be boarding a plane to Thailand, and not coming back for at least a year...
Now I know, Thailand is the go to place for gap years and backpacking these days, but we have good reason for choosing it. I have family and business connections there, which has already saved us quite a lot in fees, and we also lack our degrees for the time being...

We'll be getting our TESOL certificates and teaching English, while not the most original undertaking, its a big deal for us.
I'v been working for the same company since literally the day after my final exam in Matric, and while it has been comfortable, and has a lot of opportunity for me to grow, I simply can't continue at a job like that.
the chance to go off and do something like this is simply amazing to me, and I know other furs have done very similar things, I'm just thankful I get to do it myself.
I'm really lucky that I was able to save enough to pay for both myself and Jaco to do this together.

While it's not a very long time to be away, I really want to say goodbye properly.

The effect this fandom, and by extension, this forum, has had on my life is indescribable.
Apart from a small handful of school friends, everyone I have learned to cherish and love has come from this group here.
Since I was a kid this has been my home, and the past 7 years of my life has been centered around the people that have come through here.
I am incredibly grateful for the opportunities this has given me, where else could people from such glaringly different backgrounds share a drink and become friends because of a mutual love of talking animal people.

So I want to thank everyone who's been there,
Every post-midnight discussion on the benefits of fuel-injection, or alcohol fueled rants on the human condition.
From the anime marathons at Victors place and the drinking games at Yukons,
To the star gazing and shit talking at Furcamp
I am thankful for it all...

You have been an amazing group of people,
It really does pain me to have to leave all of it behind, even if just for a year or so.
If the world's at large, why should I remain
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Re: We're Leaving for Distand Shores

Post by Trace »

Best of luck on your new adventure. We're all rooting for you.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Splicer-Fox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing
Region: Gauteng

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Good luck :)
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox
Region: Gauteng

Post by jacojerb »

I'd also like to add my part...

Thank you all for the wonderful years. Really, this fandom, and for a bigger part, this forum has changed my life, for the better. I'm really gonna miss you guys. But, well, whenever you go somewhere, you're also leaving a lot behind

And, well, I need this in my life, right now. Its an amazing opportunity, I couldn't turn it down

This forum has changed a lot since I've joined. A lot of old faces gone and new faces come... Heh, I joined at 16 and am now 20. That's a fifth of my life on this forum. And it's undoubtedly been the best years of my life

But, well, cheers, I guess. Doubt I'll stop being at least somewhat active here, but you never know...
Mew?