Farewell 2016

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

Farewell 2016

Post by Adagio »

Well guys!

2016 was a pretty tough year for many people...
It has been for me too...

They say that there are two reasons people change. Either their minds have been opened, or their hearts have been broken. For me it was the latter.

But through all the cracks and holes. I found a light, and I found out, that outside my bubble, there was a huge undiscovered world!

So, I got out of my shell, and I made some unelieveble friendships! I met amazing people! And I have grown so much.

This year has been long and painfull... But I am so greatful I didn't have to go through it alone... And 2017 is coming. And so many new and exciting adventures are waiting for us!
So many choices that we have to make... And some of them we are going to screw up... Some of them are going to hurt. Yes...
But if there's one thing I learned this year. Regret doens't help anyone!

This life we live in... It's a mess... We are all a little bit messed up... We are all a mess... Hell I know I am... And most of my friends are a mess in one way or another... But it's together that we are strong! It's together that we are amazing!

Sometimes it seems like life is an endless battle... Yeah... I feel that way too...
Like we keep fighting for a lost cause...
That in the end it doesn't matter...

We're so focussed on "The end" That we forget to look around us...
There are so many people fighting this battle with you...
You're not alone in it...
And when you fall... There will be someone that will help you. Carry you, till you can stand on your own.
It's in these acts that we make true friends...
Either by helping to carry someone. Or by being the one that lifts someone over their sholder...

I want to thank you guys that you stuck with me!
That I can say that we went through this year together. And that we made 2016 great! Even though it hurt every step. We put them one after the other. And we got out the other side, stronger. Better than we were!

I want to thank you that you didn't give up! That you kept on fighting, even though you were sure that you were going to lose!
Because in the end, it's not about winning or losing. It's about doing your best to reach your dreams...
Even if you don't make it. No one can tell you you haven't tried...

Keep on fighting!
I will keep fighting with you!
Galahad

Re: Farewell 2016

Post by Galahad »

Awesome speech! Is this the moment when we charge into battle? :P
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Post by Cape_F0X »

Adagio wrote: This life we live in... It's a mess... We are all a little bit messed up... We are all a mess... Hell I know I am... And most of my friends are a mess in one way or another...
I can't help that my room is in such a state! There is DIY taking place.

And having a thing for legs is not messed up!
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Well... I guess happy new year!
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Post by Trace »

Happy New Year, all.
I agree, we are all a little broken, but having others we can be broken with together can help.
Thank you all for giving me a little corner of the internet to throw myself into.
As hard as this year has been for a lot of us, I am hopeful that there are better things on the horizon.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
jokootle
Sexual preference: Other

Post by jokootle »

2016 was a good year.
I got a lot of things done.
I'm sorry :c