Probably a Stupid Question.

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
CyntheWightRabbit

Probably a Stupid Question.

Post by CyntheWightRabbit »

Recently, while I was conversing with someone, I was given some rather surprising information. Perhaps I was a little mistaken in my understanding of it, but I thought I'd ask here anyway.

Regarding the R-18 Forum, is it actually more active than the Forum here? And do people join this Forum just to have access to that one? Or was I mistaken?

I have no real intention of becoming a part of that scene, so I can't go check myself. Don't worry, I'm not passing judgement or anything, you can do and like whatever you want to do and like. It was just a little... startling, as the thought hadn't even occurred to me before now, so I'd like some accurate information to go off of.

I had joined this Forum for completely different reasons, you know, the cliche 'get out of my shell' and 'potentially make new friends' or whatever, so perhaps I had been... wrong in thinking this was the right place for that.

I don't know. Maybe I'm overthinking it. :P
Sarcasm in the lowest form of wit.
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Re: Probably a Stupid Question.

Post by Faanvolla »

Its just 6 "Topic lists" between IT and Community Projects on the main page.

Basically just as busy as the forum overall, maybe even a bit less.
? And do people join this Forum just to have access to that one?
You ask an admin to join there if you're over 18
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

The yiffy section of the forum is just a small part of the forum and is not as active as the clean parts. I doubt anyone joins just for that because it's not a draw for the forum. The draw here is that it's probably the most visible way to find the South African furry fandom.

Edit: The "Furry Chat" sub-section of the forum has more posts than the entire yiffy section.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
jacojerb
Species: bunny/fox
Region: Gauteng

Post by jacojerb »

The yiffy forum is definitely less active than the rest of the forum. Less users on it, and the users on it are generally equally active on it than on the rest of the forum

Generally people join the forum for the same reason as you, Cynthe ^.^ you are welcome here
Mew?
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:The "Furry Chat" sub-section of the forum has more posts than the entire yiffy section.
just add a "What are you doing RIGHT NOW?" yiffy version and it'll catch up i'm sure.

coming out of your shell online is a bad idea lol, you'll be better off making friends in person at a events like rage or other public social gatherings.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Species: Werewolf
Region: Gauteng

Post by Valerion »

There are several furs on the forum that would like to have access to the R18 section, and there are several furs on the forum that would not like to see such things. And yes, we cater for both here, and I don't judge either way. This is why access is only granted upon request, so we can ensure that only the furs that are actually interested gets to see it.

Being judgemental over there, seeing others' kinks exposed, is one of the faster ways to get me upset, though.
CyntheWightRabbit

Post by CyntheWightRabbit »

Thank you all for the clarification. I suppose I took what was said a little too seriously.
Animew wrote:coming out of your shell online is a bad idea lol, you'll be better off making friends in person at a events like rage or other public social gatherings.
I agree 100%. A pity social anxiety has other plans for me. ;P
Sarcasm in the lowest form of wit.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

It used to be a lot more active than it currently is.

It may just be my imagination, but one of the biggest threads there was later censored.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Sev wrote:It may just be my imagination, but one of the biggest threads there was later censored.
I think it's your imagination. I can't recall anything happening with the big threads there and most of them are still ongoing.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~