Furry Forums in Other Languages?

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Galahad
Region: Gauteng

Furry Forums in Other Languages?

Post by Galahad »

Buenas noches, mis amigos y amigas! ;) Comment allez-vous? Dit gaan goed met my, dankie!

I am an aspiring polyglot (note - aspiring; I am not one yet, a fact I will humbly admit and one which native speakers shall readily realize :P), and wish to master several languages, including but not limited to Spanish and French. There is a variety of resources available and I have enough to teach myself. However, there is a difference between self-study and practice - both are essential.

Hence, to practice communicating in another language, I was hoping to join a forum centered around an interest or hobby of mine. And what better one than furries? ;)

So: Does anyone know of any active furry forums in either Spanish or French? (Possibly German too, but the other two take preference.)
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: Furry Forums in Other Languages?

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

The Austrian furry forum is a German language forum.
https://austrofurs.at

I'm not sure about the other languages though.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

Forum (not so active anymore) member Acynnonyx is spanish (Armericas - Mexico Spanish), so maybe if you drop him a note on FA or somewhere he might be able to help with that.
IIRC last I talked with him he said their forums mostly became dead after everyone moved on to the Facebook group, but maybe they've revitalized it?

If you don't want to learn mexican-Spanish though, then idk :P
(Google "furry forum {country}" :P )
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I can't even think of French or Spanish furry conventions off hand. The European furry community seems very German focussed. I can tell you like five or six German furry conventions off the top of my head.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Native French speaker here if you're keen for a conversation coach. :P

I've never hung out with the French furries anywhere other than on Furnet IRC though.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Thank you very much for the helpful responses so far. :D
Rakuen Growlithe wrote:The Austrian furry forum is a German language forum.
https://austrofurs.at

I'm not sure about the other languages though.
I shall be certain to check it out. Thank you. :D I am completely novice to German, so I would need to study it for a few weeks before attempting to join a forum full of native speakers and be expected to discuss an array of topics. ... A South African fur among Austrian furs. That would be interesting. :lol: I look forward to it!
Initially, I was somewhat concerned if "Austrian German" was an isolated dialect of German (think of Canadian/Quebec French versus "Pedigree" French, or Mexican Spanish versus Castillian Spanish), but it seems the only moderately different dialect of German is Swiss German, and Austria is a neigbour of Germany.
Faanvolla wrote:Forum (not so active anymore) member Acynnonyx is spanish (Armericas - Mexico Spanish), so maybe if you drop him a note on FA or somewhere he might be able to help with that.
IIRC last I talked with him he said their forums mostly became dead after everyone moved on to the Facebook group, but maybe they've revitalized it?
I prefer Castillian Spanish (i.e "Spain Spanish"), but it and Latin-American Spanish are about 95% mutually intelligible, with only certain words being used differently in certain contexts. Besides, I think there are more Mexican Spanish speakers than Castillian... So, I would certainly not mind. :D I shall contact him, then. Thank you for the suggestion!
Leeward wrote:Native French speaker here if you're keen for a conversation coach. :P

I've never hung out with the French furries anywhere other than on Furnet IRC though.
Lee! :D How could I forget about you? Of course! I must admit, I was somewhat surprised to read that French is your native language - I had assumed English is your mother tongue and that you had mastered French as a second (or third) language. That is quite interesting.

I would deeply appreciate any help from you. Please bear in mind that I am also completely novice to French (I am moderate in Spanish, but new to French), but you need not worry about teaching - I shall be self-studying. ;) It is merely conversation. Will that be fine?
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

I should practice French more...
Maybe we should have a French hangout session sometime. :P
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Galahad wrote:
Leeward wrote:Native French speaker here if you're keen for a conversation coach. :P

Lee! :D How could I forget about you? Of course! I must admit, I was somewhat surprised to read that French is your native language - I had assumed English is your mother tongue and that you had mastered French as a second (or third) language. That is quite interesting.

I would deeply appreciate any help from you. Please bear in mind that I am also completely novice to French (I am moderate in Spanish, but new to French), but you need not worry about teaching - I shall be self-studying. ;) It is merely conversation. Will that be fine?
Well to be fair I did start learning English at a very young age so it's as good as a native language to me, with a few cultural exceptions like idioms and nursery rhymes.

I wasn't offering to teach you, don't worry. :P I meant that if you want to have a conversation with someone who is aware that you're learning and will correct your mistakes, I'm right here.
Trace wrote:I should practice French more...
Maybe we should have a French hangout session sometime. :P
I'm all for it. :)
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Leeward wrote:Well to be fair I did start learning English at a very young age so it's as good as a native language to me, with a few cultural exceptions like idioms and nursery rhymes.
I see. Well, you certainly fooled me. :P
Leeward wrote:I wasn't offering to teach you, don't worry. :P I meant that if you want to have a conversation with someone who is aware that you're learning and will correct your mistakes, I'm right here.
I understand, and that is what I meant. :) It would be wonderful. How shall we go about doing it? Perhaps talking in French every time we are addressing each other here on the forum and on Telegram (including an English translation for others where necessary), and perhaps creating a French furry discussion thread?
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Ouais, ça pourrait marcher.
Yeah, that could work.
Sudan Red
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Lion

Post by Sudan Red »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:I can't even think of French or Spanish furry conventions off hand. The European furry community seems very German focussed. I can tell you like five or six German furry conventions off the top of my head.
http://www.furrnion.org/
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

I got my hopes up when I saw the associated Spanish forum on the Furrnion - alas, there are fewer than 10 topics and the last post was made one month ago. :P Oh dear.

Nonetheless, thank you for the link, Sudan. ;) It did actually give me a contact or two in that area.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Found something: https://www.francefurs.org/
They have an intro section for English speakers: https://forum.francefurs.org/viewforum.php?f=33
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Lee, you life-saver, you! :P Thank you for the link. I most certainly will be using it in due time.
Ventus Fall
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Fur Dragon

Post by Ventus Fall »

I can't help much on this matter with the languages you are looking into to find forums where they speak the language, but I can indeed confirm the German language from Austria is just German :) It's not like Switzerland or anything ;P
I find German-Austrian easier to understand than just German, but that may be because I used to visit Austria a lot due to family there :P
You can also find me on:
deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch