Furry "marketing"?

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Sudan Red
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Lion
Region: Gauteng

Furry "marketing"?

Post by Sudan Red »

So I hope this is an appropriate topic & in the correct forum. I'm still a bit new & wandering.

I've been reading through the proposed convention threads elsewhere on the forum and it seemed that the biggest problem was numbers of interested parties to attend said con (ie what would be the minimum viable group size to make a con "worth it").

I'm going to be completely honest & say that I didn't know about the existence of this forum until last year's GeekFest. I had seen Yote wandering around in his fursuit as well as some people wearing tails & ears. A couple of FB searches later I stumbled across all this info (and felt horribly stupid for not searching before durhurhur...). It still took me almost a year to actually join the forum because it seemed(!!!) very exclusive. I knew furmeets were happening, but despite being a crusty adult (or maybe because of it) I found it very intimidating to just rock up at someone's house for a braai.

So I guess my musing is - can't minimeets be set up at already existing events (eg GeekFest or Icon etc) for scaredycats like myself? That way there is a bigger event to melt into should the moment be too great AND there is something to look forward to that isn't "wandering around & bleeding money". ;) I would even go as far to say that we should get a booth with fliers, info packs & some friendly fursuiters to get more people interested in the fandom. The booths were really cheap as I recall (R450???) and we could offset some "furry merchandise" from various contributors. How about fursuiting for a charity like Puppy/Kitty Haven while we're at it to give off a positive impression of the fandom?

Anywaaaay... just rambling!
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard

Re: Furry "marketing"?

Post by Adagio »

If our resident 3D Designers can whip up some models I can make them into figurines?
Sudan Red

Post by Sudan Red »

Oh you have a 3D printer? *covet*
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I had the feeling people were making mini meets at all the big events.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Sudan Red

Post by Sudan Red »

Entirely possible! I'm so out of the loop... ^___^;
rusted hydra
Cannibal
Sexual preference: Bi

Post by rusted hydra »

I guess I can design a few figurines...
But right now all my creative power is being used up for my new body so you will have to suggest what to make figurines of, preferably with reference pictures or quick sketches
Badge
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Badgacat

Post by Badge »

hey, yes just rock up, seriously.
it was one of the best things I ever did.

as for figurines, I'd love to help but I'm kinda swamped with a side project I already feel like I'm not delivering on.

it's awesome fun all round though.

The Badgacat
If you take your marker and connect this dot to that one, that one to this one here you will get a really annoyed dalmatian.

The European Badger (meles meles) is known to have a rather large range of vocalisations, though it must be noted he often makes no sense at all.