Werewolves and their time of the month

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf
Region: Gauteng

Re: Werewolves and their time of the month

Post by Valerion »

I find that human shampoo and conditioner works the best.

Only ... so few applications in a bottle. They have to work on that. It gets pricey to keep this glossy coat.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

Contrast wrote:
RavenSong wrote:girls often synchronise to each other
I'm pretty sure that's just an illusion. The length of women's menstrual cycles can vary by quite a bit. Some take 29 days, some take 27, etc. This means that the cycles of women living in the same household will eventually sync up with each other for a while simply due to time and repetition. I'll give an easy example.

Imagine you're waiting at a traffic light with your indicator on. The light is blinking. You check your watch. At first, the ticking of your watch doesn't seem to line up with the blinking light on your dashboard. But every time the cycle repeats itself, the two come closer and closer together until they appear to sync up. After a while, the two cycles will eventually drift apart again.
Cycles don't stay constant. I started at every 25 days. I'm now every 32. My mom was always constant at 28 till I started.

We are woman dammit! Like werewolves, we shall not bend to your feeble human rules!!!
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Post by Cape_F0X »

Hey Adagio!

Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

Cape_F0X wrote:Hey Adagio!

Not REALLY no...

Although... My ex GF was really REALLY mean to me when she was having her "Time of the month" >~<
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

RavenSong wrote: We are woman dammit! ... we shall not bend to your feeble human rules!!!
Women are not human? That actually explains a lot. o_O
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Guys. My thread. Let's keep to topic.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Post by Cape_F0X »

Mom, Dad, this is Kate! She's a lovely werewolf I just met. We're going to the park.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

I apologize, Rakuen. ;)

More on-topic:
I, personally, think traditional lycanthropy - that involves a man or woman physically transforming into what is essentially an anthropomorphic wolf - runs into too many problems when it is looked at from a completely scientific perspective. Hence, it is necessary to mix it in with some fantasy and magic. (This has already been touched on, I know - I am just voicing my agreement). However, to level the playing field, it might be more advantageous to view the sufferer - the lycanthrope - not as a "pure" human, but rather as something else.

In the opening post, Rakuen mentioned viruses modifying the human's circumlunar clock. What if such viruses were retroviruses that modified the host's genome (that is, the entire set of genes) by replacing certain nucleotides ("building blocks" of DNA) with its own? Understandably, this would be an immense task, as the DNA in virtually every cell in the host's body would need to be replaced. Yet, this could be done over time, perhaps even the course of many months or years. Besides, since mitosis, or cellular division, creates identical daughter cells, not every single cell in the body would need to be infected - only a good majority, which would then outnumber the uninfected cells, exponentially.

This could then prevent fusion of growth plates in adolescents, allowing skeletal growth, for example.

Admittedly, though, I am not a biologist... If there is an otherwise ludicrous or downright silly flaw in my understanding, please feel free to correct me. :)
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

StargazingSerpent wrote:What if such viruses were retroviruses that modified the host's genome (that is, the entire set of genes) by replacing certain nucleotides ("building blocks" of DNA) with its own? Understandably, this would be an immense task, as the DNA in virtually every cell in the host's body would need to be replaced. Yet, this could be done over time, perhaps even the course of many months or years. Besides, since mitosis, or cellular division, creates identical daughter cells, not every single cell in the body would need to be infected - only a good majority, which would then outnumber the uninfected cells, exponentially.
That actually happens. There's a reason people say "Love fades, herpes is forever" or something like that. Many viruses, herpes and AIDS being two, insert themselves into the genome. That's what happens when AIDS is dormant. That's why some virus infections can not be cured. You can't remove it from the genome again. (There are ways that probably could now but no medical methods.) It's called the lysogenic phase of a virus' life cycle. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysogenic_cycle
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~