Fur-Eh 2016

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Obsidian
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon
Region: Gauteng

Fur-Eh 2016

Post by Obsidian »

Before I forget to do this I will make a report of my experiance with Fur-Eh.

My phone camera is not pretty or friendly so apologies for some bad image quality, I also stole some photos that other furs took of the event.

Friday
Got there at about 4pm and waited in line, 30 minutes later I realized I was standing in the wrong line and went to the way shorter registering line :oops: .

I attended a gathering called the "Dragon Meet and Greet'' where me and a whole bunch of like minded individuals, people like myself who have a abnormal fascination with a creature that never existed, introduced ourselves to each other. People were entertaining and banter was thrown around.

Then I watched the dance competition, it was weird to me because I have never actually watched a dance competition in person and here people were dancing in heavy attire as well. I thought some were decent though the video taken does not really bring the same atmosphere.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acZInFRXA5M

Spent time at the board games section and generally being a geek. Cards against humanity seems to be an all round furry favourite worldwide, or it is a favourite everywhere, and we played it for way too long. Also played some geek focused trivia games, turns out I am actually pretty bad at them.

Spent the remaining part of the evening until around 1:00am dancing like a dumbass with the other furs. Its way more fun dancing in a public setting when everyone dances as badly as I do (Well there was one or two dudes who could dance but they were in the minority)
Dance.PNG

Saturday
Watched all the fursuiters strut their stuff and get really hot in the afternoon heat
Fursuiters.PNG
Yay Dragons
20160507_135037[1].jpg
Yay Ifrit
20160507_134711[1].jpg
Yay Foxes (and a Bunny)
20160507_141533[1].jpg
I played some charades like a lunatic. The audience members were really sharp, even managed to pick up that I was a washing machine :P .

I watched the masquerade and talent show which was encompassed things like film editing and singing. I am sure that a video of the whole thing will be posted at some point but I could not find a link while typing this. I think there was someone singing opera.

I destroyed some people afterwards at Ultimate Werewolf, I have played the game before with my friends in JHB so I had some experiance. The Game Master was particularly delighted at me bringing race into the game by refusing to vote off any of the dragons and shouting "Never trust a fox" while I through accusations at them about how I totally saw them skipping out on dessert to save space on the flesh of their comrades. Funnily enough I never got lynched (By wolves or townspeople) and was on the winning side 80% of the time :P.
I played Ultimate Werewolf till pretty late so I went home afterwards.

Sunday
I didn't do much Sunday as I wanted to get some work done but watched a very entertaining event called "Cutthroat Artist" where 4 artists competed against each other to draw the best picture per 10 minute rounds. The catch was that they could bid on sabotages to throw on each other, the funniest one to me was when an artist was left with only a couple of dollar store coloured markers and a packet of googly eyes :lol: .

Random Things:
-People I met plain clothed the day before would walk up to me in their fursuits and say "Hey dude its me from yesterday".
-A couple of people knew my name and that was enough for them to hug me every time we passed each other by. Luckily I am used to such things from friends/furs/family back home and resisted the urge to use my amazing Judo skillz.
-There was a bunch of older people at the Hotel for whatever reason and I spent a good 20 minutes watching their expressions as they walked through the front doors only to be confronted by a furcon in full swing.
-There was way more gossip floating around then what we get here. They were pretty bad at it though considering a random passerby like me could pretty much eavesdrop without worry. Seemed like it was taken way less seriously though then how we handle it :P.
-Kids at the hotel seemed to really enjoy watching all the weird and wonderful animals running around which was nice.
-Considering that alcohol was available not only in the hotel itself but across the road at a liquor store there was very minimal damage (from what I could tell anyways).

I am sure there is stuff that I am missing but I cant remember right now.

Overall I really enjoyed the convention, the large emphasis put on audience participation and the general ease of which I could pretty much join whatever I felt like was a plus. I think they should have really made a big request for the hotel to turn the air conditioning down to like 16 degrees or something, I saw people dying.
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, especially if you live near him.

Always be yourself..... Unless you can be a Dragon, then always be a Dragon
Obsidian

Re: Fur-Eh 2016

Post by Obsidian »

Forgive my double posting but I could not add more pictures to the previous post, possibly I am going over some size restrictions but I will claim ignorance.

Some of them punk kids hanging outside trying to act cool and stuff
20160507_134750.jpg
This Eagle calls himself Sora or so, somewhat apt name. I thought he pulled off the whole bird thing pretty well.
20160508_155642.JPG
Just some badly taken shots of the Cut throat artist event
20160508_155629.jpg
20160508_155648.jpg
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, especially if you live near him.

Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

That's awesome!!! It looks like a crazy time! It's also nice to hear of these things from outsiders perspectives. One of the reasons I wish I could make it to Confuzzled... everyone else there is part of the community, and here you are, a lone dragon... braving the Canadian Hospitality to see the world for yerself... our hero :P
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Obsidian

Post by Obsidian »

It requires soft skin and the will of a wet noodle to weather the storm that is life in Canada, luckily for you guys I just about meet these requirements 8-) .

There were 2 girls and 3 guys who found my accent attractive so I had that disadvantage going for me as well :P.

YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

HAIL CANADA!!!
So jealous dude!!! Awesome pics!
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

Madly jealous, that looks like it was an awesome time.