Why is ZAFur important to you?

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena
Region: Gauteng

Why is ZAFur important to you?

Post by Ryall »

Hello everyone. The mood on the forum has been on the somber side lately, so I thought now would be a good time to start a feel-good thread to help remind us why we sink so much time in here.

So, tell us why ZAFur is important to you?

Try avoid making general comments about how friendly and welcoming the community is: we know it's friendly and welcoming, as we've all seen the 'Introductions section.' Rather share something specific and personal to you.

I'll start.

I've been on this forum since July 2009. That's nearly 7 years! In that time, I've made some very close friends who I chat to and interact with nearly every day. They know all my secrets, and I, theirs. It's great to have made such loyal friends here, and I hope to continue to make more in the future.

The most profound impact the forum has had on my life though, has been meeting my dear companion, Mr VoxLupus.

I posted on his introduction thread in April 2011. He seemed really interesting; I liked his writing, and we had a lot in common. I PM'ed him, and asked him if he would like to add me on Skype, and he did. We chatted, and got to know each other. We so enjoyed each other's company, that we quickly became best of friends.

I would be excited to go home each day, just to chat and play games with VoxLupus.

Overtime, feelings began to develop behind the friendship, and those feelings became stronger and stronger. I liked this boy, VoxLupus, so very much. I had never had a crush or felt this way for anyone before, so I didn't understand the feelings I had for him. He had so many virtues I admired, and I felt our interactions were so natural, and fun! We could chat the whole day away, then wake up the next day and start again.

The truth was, I was gay, and vehemently in denial of it. I was so ashamed, that I disliked even dwelling on the topic in my own thoughts. I had kissed many girls, at clubs and parties, and had dated two briefly, and that was all the proof anybody needed. The truth hurt, but my whole life I had avoided it, because there was never any reason to confront it - there was nobody I wanted.

And so it continued for months, until one day, on 14 July 2011, VoxLupus joked about being my boyfriend. It was a joke, but the thought of it gave me a surge of emotions. I asked if there was any truth behind the joke, and he stated he quite fancied the idea of being boyfriends, if I did too. I panicked, and dodged questions for a while, before I gave in to my heartfelt desire, and admitted that I would like that too.

We met for the first time on 19 November 2011. That day was also the first time I had ever kissed a guy - our little secret.

VoxLupus broke the news on the forum on 12 January 2012 that we were dating, and that he was moving to Cape Town to study at UCT and be with me.

Since then, life has been a cooperative experience. We have shared in so many adventures, from LANs, paintballing, spelunking, rock climbing, partying, house-break-ins, to a Contiki Tour through Europe together. We also shared in difficult times, and were there to support each other when we needed it most.

Today, I have been working for just over a year, and VoxLupus, who has just finished studying, is back in Johannesburg looking for a job. It's tough going back to a long-distance relationship after all these years, but it's only temporary while I finish my contract, and we make it work. Whenever I am able to take leave, I do so, and I buy VoxLupus plane tickets to come down and stay with me. He posted a picture from his last visit the other day. When we are apart, we connect online through messaging services, and through our favorite hobby: gaming.

By 14 July 2016, we will have been dating for five years! It's strange how for all these years, not a day has gone by where I haven't thought about him at least once, and we are closer now than we have ever been. Life has certainly become a cooperative experience us.

While I plan and think about our next meet, I also work hard to save so that one day when we are reunited, we can buy an apartment together. When he starts earning, he will do the same. It is a dream we both share. The future looks bright.

Why is ZAFur important to me? Because it's the place where I found love.
Hahaha! :lol:
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Re: Why is ZAFur important to you?

Post by Raven Song »

VoxLupus is in Jozi???

On the subject at hand -

When I joined the forum I figured it would be like every other internet forum I'd been on - I'd be here for a few months and then my poor attention span would fizzle out and die.

Over the first few months I got to talk to quite a few furs, including some I am still friends with - but a lot of the guys I knew and talked to had blah blah blah drama and left.

I was working at the time at a company that gave me unlimited access to the internet - so while waiting fro reports to render I would hop onto the forum, and leave nonsense messages.

I went to furmeets and I loved being out with the furs. I felt truly myself for the first time. I am actually quite the introvert, i'd rather spend all day in my room avoiding humanity... but I force myself to be an extrovert because I want to live my life. furmeets, and this forum, gave me that.

I also enjoyed helping people out on the V&S thread. I don't have any psychological training or councilling training but there were a couple of times where people said I gave good advice - and as a being with a god complex, this pleased me (lol. it did, but not because I'm egotistical - everyone likes to know they've helped).

I also met Contrast on the forum, and while it didn't last because of my own stupidity, I still keep the art and the emails and the memories.

I met Ivic through the forum - something I am beyond happy that happened because he has quickly become one of my best friends, both on and off the forum.

But I think my favourite reason for coming back - other than being a stealer of time - is getting to meet new furs here and watching them grow. Adagio and Tocs - I'm looking at you two. from such humble and adorably young and new beginnings, you two have taken the CR mantle well.

It's things like that that keep me coming back.

That and arguing with Sev, Leeward and the rest of you peeps...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

RavenSong wrote:But I think my favorite reason for coming back - other than being a stealer of time - is getting to meet new furs here and watching them grow. Adagio and Tocs - I'm looking at you two. from such humble and adorably young and new beginnings, you two have taken the CR mantle well.
Nawwww! Thanks! :D

Why is this forum special to me?

Well that’s easy…

Because you guys are just so darn awesome!

I actually wanted to post something like this in one of my old threads.

Well… Here goes.

My parents took me out of school in Gr. 3, and homeschooled me…
Don’t ask me why… Long story.

But anyway. Because of that I didn’t really develop the kind of social training one undergoes in school.

I was shy, and withdrawn. I couldn’t even have a normal conversation with a person. Not even online…

I just sat in my room, and tinkered with electronics, and eventually found furries…
Even there… I was afraid to make comments on posts…

Then one random day, I was bored in “class” and googled “South African Furries”
And low and behold, there was a forum. I signed up, and 24 hours later I got an email saying I was activated…

I made an intro thread,(Oh HELL my Boeringlish flourished then! Hahaha!)
And I promptly got invited to a MXit thing…

Haha! Yaaa... So I stuck around… I didn’t make many posts… But I felt welcome…
Then I had my little falling out in 2013… Stayed away for a few months…
To be fair… I had a crap time then…
But I shouldn’t have taken it out on you guys…
I had no right…

But still you took me back… Then… I didn’t make a 180… Haha! More like a 45ᵒ flip…
I continued like this for a while…

And then some things happened… I won’t go into…
But hell…
The support this community showed me…
I owe you guys my life…

The wheels churned, and I decided finally last year, to open up to people. Regardless of their sexual preference…

And has it been a journey!

I learned how to communicate to people.
And this has spilled over to real life…

I learned to have confidence in myself.
That I’m NOT just a pathetic loser.
That I have worthwhile contributions to conversations…

You guy’s helped me grow. Not only as a member of the community.
But as a person in real life.

And I met the most amazing people here… You don’t even understand…

So I say. Out of the bottom of my heart.

Thank you!
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Husky

Post by Tocs »

Reasons why I love the community.. well, I'd say it is because of many different reasons.. But in essence, since I joined, every single aspect in my life improved, my self image, my confidence, me meeting Neon, me meeting Rocket, me making extremely close and meaningful friendships, learning more about myself by trying to help out others, being able to accept my flaws and past, learning what I really want out of life, and have a clear path for my life... I guess in this short amount of time I have discovered my true self essentially. And it was literally all because of you guys. I cannot dread to think what I'd be doing.. or where I'd be right now if you guys didn't put me on the right track essentially. And for that I am forever in debt those in the community.. I have learnt something from every single one of you and I feel like I have a bond with those people

Rocket, Neon, Taka, Adagio, Alion, Cuddles, Sev, Kane, Wolfers, Dire, Ivic, Doge, Raven, Leeward, Nanukk, Matt, Glitch, Arashi, Yote, Jason, Brutallis, Dasc, Jaco, Kinkin, Azure, Jakkals, Faan, Dracius, Rikkey, Eylof, Totem, Gryph, Io, Romey, Furnix, Tazzy, Honin, Tempest, Shadow, Asbjorn, badge, Cape fox, Val, Rakuen, Inpw, Fido and many.. many more furs.. and hopefully many new furs that come in the future (I am so sorry if I miss anyone here.. I am thinking off the top of my head since last year with every single post)

I have learnt something from every single one of you.. And even though some of you impacted my life a tremendous amount, and some of you just even with one message of concern or one post you made, it has changed my life for the better guaranteed.. and in my mind that is special, and I couldn't be who I am today without all of you.

So in essence.. I would just like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart.
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Post by Cape_F0X »

My Story is short, since I haven't been here long.

It wasn't difficult for one of my engineering friends to notice that I was a furry, even tho I was very adamant about it. He finally got fed up with me nagging about how I don't fit in and said I should try dis place.

And the rest is history.

Honorable mention to Adagio, Leeward and a whole Fur-pile following close behind.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

A nice thread. ^^ It's also kinda useful to me, but more on that later.

Mmm... so why is this forum important to me. Well on the one hand I helped start it and I've come on practically every day for a little over 8 years now. In a sense, it's my baby. When you spend that much time on something it becomes a part of you. But I suppose the question is why I started spending all that time on it.

When I started out there basically was no furry community in SA. There were no groups, no websites, nothing. A few furs existed and knew of each other and there was occasionally something but it basically didn't exist. I started getting involved with things online and the furry community and eventually found myself wanted to know other South African furs. I spent a long time searching, tracking down as many as I could find, which was not many. At one point I estimated there were only 20 furs in the country. But then I wanted something to help others find furs, which, due to others, eventually became this forum. And it worked. It built a community, it built a way for South African furs to find each other and it essentially became my internet home.

So, why is this a good thread for me now? Well, as you know, Eurofurence is coming up again this year and I submitted a talk proposal. Since it seems to all be accepted, I will be talking about this site, my furry journey and the history of the furry fandom in South Africa.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

This forum is like my house... I just wish you people would stop stealing all my toilet paper...
Cape_F0X
Light-footed

Post by Cape_F0X »

You are the Toilet police. You stop them!
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

I haven't gotten my badge yet... so I don't get to arrest no one yet...
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Raven be like:

[Insert clip from Zootopia here, Judy Hopps as ticket maid, in bubble car, banging head on steering wheel: "I am a real cop... I am a real cop... I am a real cop..."]
Cape_F0X
Light-footed

Post by Cape_F0X »

Or the Toilet stall scene. "Fall into a dirty toilet, you dead!"
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Why is the forum and the community important to me?

Well, I heard there was free cake, here.

On a serious note: My history in this community had its origin in January 2012, though it was succeeded by a four-year-long hiatus only a few months thereafter. I was seventeen years old at the time, and a student at Pretoria Boys' High School. The reason for which I joined this lovely community then is very much similar to the reason for which I returned.

I am very much an introvert. That may not appear to be the case from my rather assertive and involved personality here on the forums, yet, as many might attest, one can be particularly asocial (note the difference between "asocial" and "antisocial") in real life yet appear bubbly online. Regardless, I have yet to find a group in real life into which I can truly fit. I am not a socially awkward recluse who causes the neighbours to have the police on speed dial; yet it seems I struggled to find likeminded individuals, though I am certain they are around somewhere (it is quite a paradox - the very thing that is preventing me from finding people like me, is that they are like me!).

I have always been a fan of anthropomorphic animals, but the community drew my interest for greater reasons than that. It seemed to have an aura of creativity and extraordinariness, and, in it, I beheld people who seemed to be like me.

In essence, I found what has the potential to be a place where I can feel, more or less at least, at something akin to home. For that, I am truly grateful.

Now, if I may offer a comment or two on the reasons the others mentioned:
Adagio wrote: I made an intro thread,(Oh HELL my Boeringlish flourished then! Hahaha!)
And I promptly got invited to a MXit thing…
What do you mean "flourished then"? It is still flourishing - you speak delicious English! Just kidding, of course. You know this whole English-and-Afrikaans-playfully-making-fun-of-each-other is a thing between you and me. XD
Adagio wrote:The wheels churned, and I decided finally last year, to open up to people. Regardless of their sexual pre
And has it been a journey!ference…

I learned how to communicate to people.
And this has spilled over to real life…

I learned to have confidence in myself.
That I’m NOT just a pathetic loser.
That I have worthwhile contributions to conversations…
I am happy that the community had such a positive effect on you, Adagio. :) In part, I have them to thank for encouraging and preserving you so that I could befriend you at a later stage!
Cape_F0X wrote:It wasn't difficult for one of my engineering friends to notice that I was a furry, even tho I was very adamant about it. He finally got fed up with me nagging about how I don't fit in and said I should try dis place.
Did he notice it from the odd photomanipulations? ;)
Obsidian
Species: Dragon

Post by Obsidian »

I found it difficult to answer this question so here is a wall.

The anthropomorphic animals part is of course still an aspect I love. Especially when something like Zootopia comes out I tend to be a little obsessive for a while (*fan girl scream* I love you Judy!).

I like the forum. I like all the different opinions and differences in lifestyles. I love it when a new debatable topic is put up (especially if it is not in my field of expertise) where I get to read through these long list of opinions that I would have not considered otherwise. Regardless of the opinion I am glad that there are people who argue for and against it. I find the inevitable ruffling of feathers entertaining as it shows that there are people typing these words and not machines.

I like seeing what other people who are different to me get up to in their past time, stuff I would never to enjoy or do myself but still get some insight into. Everyone judges others to a certain degree for what they do and enjoy but Zafur is far more accepting in this.

I like the furmeets organized from here here. I made a very good friend in DragonWolf on Zafur some years a ago at a meet who I see all the time and even from here in Canada we talk almost everyday (I have no idea why he put up with my nonsense for so long :? , but I am glad he did ). I have some friendly acquaintances that I like seeing at the odd furmeet who I am given the opportunity to hang with for a while.

Even though I lack any sort of experience to give people good advice and I am bad at knowing how to comfort others I like going through the V&S. I like seeing the challenges people face in their lives, challenges I am unlikely to ever face or know how to solve myself, and how people cope with them. I like seeing how other members try and help with the problems. I like seeing these issues get resolved and challenges overcome.

I am not someone who is opposed to a bit of conflict (though I have never really been part of any real drama on the forum or I didn't notice ifI was). I do sometimes wish that when forum drama happens that people would not leave, regardless of whether I like them or not.

I like the community. I like the shit stirrers, I like the self appointed policemen, I like those who make bad points, I like those who make good points, I like the irrational, I like the logical, I like the attention seekers and I like the crazies. I like that everyone is different and that many are comfortable letting me take a deeper look into their lives (#Stalker Warning).

I never had much understanding of people before I joined but after being on for a few years and joining in with meets and so on I can definitely say that changed. Though I am still not great at people or even being nice Zafur played a large part of giving me empathy towards others, something I never really had before.

tl:dr You guys are interesting and good to hang with
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, especially if you live near him.

Always be yourself..... Unless you can be a Dragon, then always be a Dragon
Cape_F0X
Light-footed

Post by Cape_F0X »

StargazingSerpent wrote:
Cape_F0X wrote:It wasn't difficult for one of my engineering friends to notice that I was a furry, even tho I was very adamant about it. He finally got fed up with me nagging about how I don't fit in and said I should try dis place.
Did he notice it from the odd photomanipulations? ;)
Nope. Showed him some pictures I liked. And the pics were mostly abstract.
Asbjorn-phoenix
Papa Bear
Species: FireBear - Bear Phoenix hybrid

Post by Asbjorn-phoenix »

Wow. Quite a hard one to answer.

This forum and fandom for that matter was introduced to me by my ex after we met. I had an immediate appreciation for the fandom as I had always had an interest and liking for anthropomorphic animals (although I wouldn't even have known what that meant back then).
This forum came along at a very important stage in my life, very shortly after meeting my then mate Terror I created my account but was not particularly active on this site. During the time we spent together and as a result of this forum we met many of the amazing local furs.
But the turning point for me was when our relationship ended, I had no social support structure in JHB as I had moved up here from Bloemfontein and was
(still am not) known for making friends easily.At this point the few friends I had made on the forum during my time with Terror really stepped up to the fore and gave me all the support I needed at the time. Since then I continued on the forum even though Terror and I were not together anymore (I can never thank him enough for introducing me to this forum) and have met many amazing people.
More recently however, many of you may still be aware of the serious depression and treatment I went through. Once again my friends stepped to the fore and gave me so much support and I never could have imagined that the support would come from this community.

Why do I love this forum? Ultimately the success of the forum depends on its members and the members of this forum never cease to surprise me with their willingness to help out others. Not to mention as a result of all my issues aired on the forum I met one of the most amazing furries ever, whom I know call my brother as he has in almost every sense of the word become one to me. We now share accommodation, there are three of us in the flat and I regard it as home and my safe place with my family.. I would never be able to say this had it not been for the Forum and also the personal problems that I aired on it.
If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear,
if you've something to hide you shouldn't be here.
jacojerb
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

I'm really glad to see this thread! This forum really is special to me...

I guess the anthropomorphic thing started with video games. Since I was small, it became my escape from the world... I grew up with games like Ratchet and Clank, and Crash Bandicoot. Got so many hours in those games...

As I got older, I kinda fell into a deep depression. I used games as an escape... But even those got boring. I also found some furry... ummm... "art", online, which also helped me cope

I eventually found the furry fandom... I guess about a month or two before I found the local fandom. I saw some things on international forums, which kinda made me think that there isn't a local fandom... And I felt lonely

I guess, what changed my life... I found out that a friend was also a local fur, which made me look into local furs more. And I found this forum

It honestly changed my life... It helped me escape my depression, so in a way, I feel like I owe it my life

I could actually be myself here... For one, I guess it was the fact that I felt like I could just walk away if I do fuck up. It's not like school friends or family, who I have to see every day if they hate me... And I guess I always just felt like everyone would hate the real me. But then everyone here was so nice... It helped me be myself with other people too. I guess they call it self confidence xP

I also met some of the best friends I ever had here, and even met Dasc, my boyfriend :3

So... Yeah. Recently I've been wondering a lot if I'm just here for sentimental reasons. The community has changed a lot... But I've also tried joining other forums, other communities, and it's just not the same. I love this place
Mew?
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Hello everyone, thanks for all your sincere, heartfelt replies! It's been very interesting reading them. It certainly gave me a smile. I know, it's weird: Ryall Hyena smiles at something other than people's misfortune. It's true though.

I think that newcomers will find these posts very insightful with regards to the nature behind some of the characters on this forum, and maybe encourage them to become active members here.

Keep the posts coming, and again, thanks for all your efforts towards making this thread a success.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Obsidian wrote:I like the community. I like the shit stirrers, I like the self appointed policemen, I like those who make bad points, I like those who make good points, I like the irrational, I like the logical, I like the attention seekers and I like the crazies. I like that everyone is different and that many are comfortable letting me take a deeper look into their lives (#Stalker Warning).
Hillary Clinton, is that you?
rusted hydra
Cannibal
Sexual preference: Bi

Post by rusted hydra »

it is home
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

Welp here goes:

Like minded people!
For most my life, well the majority of my life, I had to conform to social standards set out by other people. This was life to me, nothing exciting really happens that is truly worthy of my attention. Life bored me, I couldn't find anything I liked. I try anime and for a while I was hooked, then it started really really really really annoying me as every anime plot is more or less the same with constant fights and no chill ever (Sorry anime fans, just my opinion). I still felt quite lost.

rAge 2011 happened and cosplay started growing. I started to notice, I want to do something similar, I like the sense of community like mindedness and so forth. Note that rAge is a really big part of my life and has formed me quite somewhat. I can't exactly pin point the moment I heard about furries but I knew they existed for quite some time, my story started like many a furs story, yiff yaff. Well I got really intrigued by the art. Soon I learn something new, furries they wear these costumes!?!?! What the actual fuck that is pretty weird jeeze.

I found myself spending hours and hours behind the PC screen, looking at videos of fursuits and how awesome it is. Till this day I don't know exactly why but I LOVE fursuits. I eventually googled South African fursuit maker, alas nothing. Then I stumbled upon Niexie's suit on Youtube, I then googled South African furries and came across this forums. I was hesitant to register, because you know its those weird furry people things. Not socially accepted and all that twang. After a few days I said, you know what fuck it I'm gonna register.

Bear with me, I know this thread isn't about how you joined the fandom but it all builds up to why ZaFur is important to me.
Being a straight guy in a dominantly bi, gay community can be tough. Especially if you are a Boertjie(Which I am very reluctant to call myself) or better put a Dutchman. Growing up conservative I don't really cope well with anything or anyone outside social norms.

I met a few straight guys, who really showed me you don't have to be gay or bi or lesbian to be a part of this colorful community. Over time I have learn to accept who I am, thanks to this community. I did things I would never even have dreamed about doing all because of ZaFur. Working with a sewing machine was in my eyes not a guy thing to do, wearing cute animal clothing (HA GAYYYYY). Ultimately I thought being a furry means being gay and I was reluctant to tell anyone about my new found obsession.

But thanks to people in this community, the people I have met in person whom are part of this community, the people I have only met on the forum and all you wonderful fluffs I can honestly say I am a better person than I used to be. These forums have really helped me grow emotionally, gave me answers to burning questions and really helped me find myself. I've never been this happy before in life, I used to be very happy go lucky in school but depression got the best of me and my happiness faded. This forum, the people in it and furries in general gave me a new lust for life, new interesting hobbies and improved my social skills ten fold.

I know I have had my fair shares of break downs and lashing out at the community before, but if it wasn't for this community I wouldn't be who I am today. For that I thank all of you. I also haven't been quite social allot, I cower away from life these days as studies are important.

Once again thank you all, for making ZaFur so fucking amazing!
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
I-O
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Arctic Wolf

Post by I-O »

*breaths deeply* This is gonna be so sappy... >.<

I may not have joined too long ago, and have met only a few of the other furs, but even so...the forum, all of us here together, it feels like one big family and the furs whom I have yet to get to know personally are those members I just don't know about yet.

I've lived my life thinking I was the only fur in SA, believing nobody could ever understand how I felt and dreading the thought of being rejected because of it. Truth is, all I ever wanted was to be accepted by the people around me, to know strong friendship and be able to say that there is at least one other person in my life who can understand my feelings.

How joyous was I, the moment I discovered ZA furries... X3

I know we have our differences, our individuality makes it impossible for us all to be exactly the same, but like all families our blood, or in this case our love for furries, has bound us together.

In times to come there will be moments where our bonds will be tested, our happiness may turn to sorrow and life will seem a little too much to be worth the effort...

...but that's ok, I believe most of us will be there for each other and that most of the other furs do too.

The furry community is special to me like that, because we all care for each other and I care about all of you too. ^~^

- Love you guys -
Last edited by I-O on Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Friend" is not just a word to me...it means so much more.
Franky
The Bad Guy
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox

Post by Franky »

Cause there are other nutbags like me here.

Achievement unlocked for short reply.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Trying to ease in to the various American forums has made me appreciate this one even more.
They're either ghost towns, or they're utterly impersonal.

On "The Furry Forums", in the time that it takes the page to refresh, the number of unread posts has increased. Yet I've only gotten one response on my intro thread, and none on any of my others...
It's the furry equivalent of Reddit.
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

Sev wrote:Trying to ease in to the various American forums has made me appreciate this one even more.
They're either ghost towns, or they're utterly impersonal.

On "The Furry Forums", in the time that it takes the page to refresh, the number of unread posts has increased. Yet I've only gotten one response on my intro thread, and none on any of my others...
It's the furry equivalent of Reddit.
Thank you! That is exactly how I felt about the British forum. Couldn't have put it into better words myself
Mew?
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Maybe the Brits just don't like hookers jacojerb! Get it? Because you have a hook hand. :P
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

I really must change my profile pic from Halloween, two years ago...
Mew?
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

lol! I actually thought that was just your fursona. xD
It's been that for so long!
jacojerb

Post by jacojerb »

I'm kinda working on a new fursona, hence why I didn't use my old one... But it's been a work in progress for so long xD I don't actually know what to do about it
Mew?
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

I must say I find the UK forums very impersonal but that's purely because THEY ARE SO BIG. It is funny to sit and read why people got banned though. See there, they split into their smaller regional groups - and those usually migrate to Telegram or Watsapp. Or Voxer because they're gay (lame - look I used this as an insult to my step sister since I was like... 16, leave me alone :P)
Obsidian
Species: Dragon

Post by Obsidian »

It is the same more or less with the guys here as well, they post a lot of... well nothing (well nothing of interest anyways). They do far more meetups though. I know pretty much nothing about the forums members, when I introduced myself it was way more than any other introduction post before me.

Telegram is very much popular here though for them coolfurz
It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, especially if you live near him.

Always be yourself..... Unless you can be a Dragon, then always be a Dragon