fursona species help

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Vox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Red deer
Region: Western Cape

fursona species help

Post by Vox »

When i joined the fandom i pressured myself to come up with a fursona species quickly, and I went with a deer. Now i'm second guessing myself and i'm having trouble finding a species I can relate to, any help in narrowing it down would be welcome. ^^
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

Re: fursona species help

Post by Adagio »

Vox wrote:When i joined the fandom i pressured myself to come up with a fursona species quickly, and I went with a deer. Now I'm second guessing myself and I'm having trouble finding a species I can relate to, any help in narrowing it down would be welcome. ^^
Have you tried the quizzes on the net?

It isn't really something anyone can help you with... You have to find something you can relate to...

For example. I'm a Snow Leopard because.
1.) I like cats.
2.) I like the cold.
3.) I hate birds! Haha!
4.) I'm solitary for the most part...

The list goes on...

It didn't take much effort to come to the decision... It almost came to me instantly...

Name some character traits that you feel defines you, or perhaps your 'sona?
Badge
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Badgacat

Post by Badge »

*Listens with rapt attention
If you take your marker and connect this dot to that one, that one to this one here you will get a really annoyed dalmatian.

The European Badger (meles meles) is known to have a rather large range of vocalisations, though it must be noted he often makes no sense at all.
Vox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Red deer

Post by Vox »

I suppose the deer was just a place holder. Traits I see as possibly helping in the search for a species for me are as follows... Friendly, I find rain calming, love to experience new things in all forms (places, people, books, etc...), I can eat a lot despite my small size/build, oh and I have long hair which girls around me often say they are jealous of ^^
Any input would be much appreciated no matter how minor and feel free to ask more questions if it helps.
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Vox wrote:I suppose the deer was just a place holder. Traits I see as possibly helping in the search for a species for me are as follows... Friendly, I find rain calming, love to experience new things in all forms (places, people, books, etc...), I can eat a lot despite my small size/build, oh and I have long hair which girls around me often say they are jealous of ^^
Any input would be much appreciated no matter how minor and feel free to ask more questions if it helps.
Lol! Reindeer was probably a good pick! :lol:
Alternatively, a canine? Labrador? Friendly, likes water, long hair?

In the end. You HAVE to make your own decisions.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

From that description I'm picturing a Friesian horse... the ones I knew loved the rain, and subsequent rolling in the mud. :lol:

My fursona species also started out as a placeholder: I initially chose it because Taurus is my zodiac sign and I've always been told that I fit that personality type very strongly (even though I've never actually believed in astrology). Whether that is a coincidence or a self-fulfilling prophecy, I'll never know.

Anyway, over time it developed into the obvious choice. The more I read about cattle, the more I realised that their demeanour matched my own pretty well. Patience, loyalty, trustworthiness, stubbornness, tenacity, realism and pragmatism are all values/aspects that are important to me, and they all happen to be either literally or symbolically linked to cattle.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

And the fact that they love to eat. :P
Badge

Post by Badge »

:lol: Cheeky Sev. Cheeky
If you take your marker and connect this dot to that one, that one to this one here you will get a really annoyed dalmatian.

The European Badger (meles meles) is known to have a rather large range of vocalisations, though it must be noted he often makes no sense at all.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

I try. *bows*

For the record, the only reason I made that joke is because Leeward has made her love of good food very apparent on this forum (and not for one second am I saying that that is a bad thing).

Also, I have no idea who you are, so I'll just put it out there that Miss Moo and I are best friends. I'm sure she'll find some way to poke fun at me very shortly.
Badge

Post by Badge »

It's the give and take banter here that has me canning often

Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I was going to go with "catty" or "dotty", but either would have been a bit too mean.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

How unoriginal.
Effervescence
Species: Kitsune

Post by Effervescence »

I'm not one to talk about what species you should pick but I think a deer is a pretty cool option, you don't see many deer in the fandom and more often than not rare furs tend to be cooler in terms of talent/personality, really all that I've managed to garner thus far but I do hope you find some of my insight somewhat helpful.
Is probably a himedere.
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

Dunno what this might help, the reason my Sona is a fox, is because I love fox fursuits. Personally I don't relate to a fox at all, I just love the art and the fursuits of foxes and that made my mind up. Also red pandas make awesome fursuits.
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Unless you have a bottomless hole, *ahem*, you're not much of a fox.

Other Vox, do you want to be a wild animal or a pet?
Effervescence
Species: Kitsune

Post by Effervescence »

Sev wrote:Unless you have a bottomless hole, *ahem*, you're not much of a fox.

Wow I CANNOT imagine what you're trying to imply about foxes :lol:
Is probably a himedere.
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

Sev wrote:Unless you have a bottomless hole, *ahem*, you're not much of a fox.

HA HA HA
yes yes
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Hi Vox, what about an Aardwolf? Aardwolfs are part of the hyena family. They are small, have long fur (especially around its neck), and eat a lot for their size - up to 250,000 termites in a night. They're entirely insectivorous!

They are quite unique and interesting creatures. I haven't met another fur with one as a fursona either.

Also, while you're considering a fursona change, why not consider a name change as well? Not that I am biased or anything, but VoxLupus was here first, and I - and other furs - often like to type out his name in short as Vox. It becomes confusing what with there being two Voxs and all. ;)
Hahaha! :lol:
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama

Post by Cape_F0X »

I only met you that one time and the deer was/isn't a bad placeholder. If you really have to change, maybe look at a mongoose. A good size fit, look great and they're feisty, which is needed in a lot of games.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

Ryall wrote:Hi Vox, what about an Aardwolf? Aardwolfs are part of the hyena family. They are small, have long fur (especially around its neck), and eat a lot for their size - up to 250,000 termites in a night. They're entirely insectivorous!

They are quite unique and interesting creatures. I haven't met another fur with one as a fursona either.

Also, while you're considering a fursona change, why not consider a name change as well? Not that I am biased or anything, but VoxLupus was here first, and I - and other furs - often like to type out his name in short as Vox. It becomes confusing what with there being two Voxs and all. ;)
Evidently, that's not the only place that you're biased in your post...

One mangy Hyena is enough for any forum.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

I WANT A AARDVARK!!! I know know... we're talking of Aardwolf's... but then you reminded me and I WANT A AARDVARK!!!
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso