Eleven Misconceptions about the Furry Fandom

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)
Region: Gauteng

Eleven Misconceptions about the Furry Fandom

Post by Randall »

This article, is a bit old, but I think it is still highly relevant. Here are a few interesting bits.
I was expecting sexual stuffed animals come to life, but ended up experiencing something completely different.
I sat down with Allison Barrios, attendee and self-proclaimed furry, to discuss the stereotypes surrounding the furry fandom.
“It’s really just a bunch of people that love anthropomorphic art,” Allison explained. “The thing that got me into it was the art.” There were even specific drawing rooms you could sit in to share and create sketches and art pieces. The “Dealers Den” was the main expo dedicated to art and design.
The paragraph above, is what it is for me. It is indeed true that I went up and around the mountain from the anime/Sonic direction, nonetheless I have arrived at the same place we all find ourselves.

And I will leave you with this, very significant image, from the article. Its an image that really made me rethink my behaviour of the last few weeks.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Re: Eleven Misconceptions about the Furry Fandom

Post by Raven Song »

I actually really wanna look at this inbdetail, from the bits you've pulled out it looks pretty interesting...

Hopefully we have better signal in the cabins tonight.
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso