FA in January

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

FA in January

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I can't help but enjoy when FA messes up. Usually you have to wait a few weeks or months between drama storms but this year has been so, so good.

We started out with FA going down on the 1st.
FATweet.png
Great start to the year.

Then three weeks later, FA starts blaming users for not moderating every comment on their own submissions! Yup, according to FA, if someone posts something against the rules on a submission or journal of yours, you can get in trouble.

And then we wrap up the month when it's revealed that Dragoneer hired a coder for FA who was unable to work because Yak doesn't like anyone else touching the code, not paid for months and then found out Dragoneer didn't even send the contract to IMVU! Once IMVU found out what happened they did pay him for his work but that was only after he'd resigned.

This seems like the second big issue with Dragoneer and IMVU, the first being not telling IMVU about the whole forum situation until Carenath had already taken the database and set up elsewhere. I wish I could hear the conversations they must be having about FA.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Hargan
Species: Foxeh
Region: Gauteng

Re: FA in January

Post by Hargan »

So, wait... lemme get this straight.... I can go onto someone else's account to comment, post terrible things about them and awful stuff, AND THEY GET IN TROUBLE?

Where the hell did they get those stupid rules from. South Africa? :P
Warning: Has been known to speak his mind

Firm believer in Spiral Power