Review: 'Ewe at Work'

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Review: 'Ewe at Work'

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Short review of a book by a South African artist. Originally published on Flayrah: https://www.flayrah.com/6349/review-ewe-work

----

Christmas markets, and craft markets in general, can be a bit of a gamble. Many times, it's just the same old things that you will see at every market. Though sometimes you find something different, something more unique that jumps out at ... ewe. That was my experience at a recent Christmas market where I found a number of pictures and books revolving around sheep puns. It kept my attention long enough that I decided to buy one of the books; Ewe at Work.

According to the cover, it was "Voted No. 1 sheep book in Ramsgate." That's a real place! (Population around a thousand, so make of that what you will.) It features just over 90 self-contained images, nearly always involving sheep puns, drawn in a minimalist style similar to xkcd and Cyanide & Happiness. And that's it, really. You're either the sort of person who would buy a book of sheep puns or you are not.

The artist, Ann Gadd, also does commissions for individuals and companies and has a book Making income from your art which may be of interest/use to a wider audience than sheep puns. The books are not for serious reading but would be a decent addition to a furry coffee table or as a gift.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)
Region: Gauteng

Re: Review: 'Ewe at Work'

Post by Randall »

Yup, we have this woman's work all over the office, even in the men's toilets.