We would never know o.o

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Honin
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Some sort of noodle
Region: Gauteng

We would never know o.o

Post by Honin »

*crawls in with ass in the air before sitting up*

Soooooo... heres a spooky thought... how many furries have you met that didnt introduce themselves as their sona or just on in general... I mean we communicate on a daily basis and we dont know how many of us meet irl without ever knowing it... this might be a meh subject for others but my mind is blown
Kangee Gold
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Raven

Re: We would never know o.o

Post by Kangee Gold »

Well, kinda the back-to-front of this, I've met a couple people in real life I know on the internet, but they didn't know who I am on the web. Rather keep it that way. Not for creepy reasons, I'm just private like that.
Quick! Somebody chew on my nipples or we're all gonna die!
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

It's possible but unlikely many meet just because there aren't that many furs around. Although with that said I have met a fur without knowing it until later but I left South Africa before I got a chance to show off my discovery. :/
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

I'm here because of a furry I met in person. I didn't even know that there was a local forum up until that point.
Franky
The Bad Guy
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox

Post by Franky »

I still think someone I know is a total undercover. He had Anthro art in his screensaver, his steam profile is furry as hell, he says nom and he hinted some puns. Yet I'll never know. The dude is a latter day saint and apparently kissing someone below the face, fapping or any form of lustful feelings is sentence to hell. Hence he wouldn't join this crowd for obvious reasons.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I suspect several of my geeky friends of being closet furries, but when it comes to total strangers I don't really care what they're into, TBH.
Honin
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Some sort of noodle

Post by Honin »

Still just thinking of the odds in comparison
jacojerb
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

First local fur I met was irl. One of my sis's friends, and he "came out" to be a furry at one of her parties... Before then, I also didn't know this forum existed

Small world we live in
Mew?
Franky
The Bad Guy
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox

Post by Franky »

I actually think it's better that that ex colleague of mine stays out of the fandom. A Mormon furry will be way to happy and positive to have around.
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

well, normally when i meet someone i know from the internet and they recognize me i jump out the closest window... and not just because i know a lot of people that would rape me in a bathroom then murder me before doing it again and then eating me raw while doing it... but do you really want people on the internet to know what you get up to in real life? <_< or even worse, people in your real life to know what you get up to on the internet!?

that’s some scary stuff man... regardless i'm fairly openly furry IRL. i tend to try and convert people to the cause whenever i can. so far turned a nerdy college friend, 3 fellow game rangers and my mother... also there was that lesbian but her GF was a furry so i can’t take all the credit. furry content is just so awesome that it converts people for you, you just have to expose them to it. hehe, i won my mother over with the red lantern series that alector fencer worked on. <_< also there is contrast's stories but i've never actually read them myself so god knows what he is putting into my mom’s brain.

but as to being openly furry IRL, its similar to being openly gay or openly anything with a stigma. nyuhuhu, what’s better than some lady giving you a mean look and telling you to stay away from their children... then you are all like: "oh no mam! i'm a furry, not a pedophile. your children are quite safe. but your dog on the other hand... megusta"
bueno.jpg
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

Animew wrote: because i know a lot of people that would rape me in a bathroom then murder me before doing it again and then eating me raw while doing it
But I'd only rape your feet...
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Species: Husky

Post by Tocs »

Fido Ebbon wrote:
Animew wrote: because i know a lot of people that would rape me in a bathroom then murder me before doing it again and then eating me raw while doing it
But I'd only rape your feet...
Isn't that a lovely thought.
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Animew wrote:also there is contrast's stories but i've never actually read them myself so god knows what he is putting into my mom’s brain.
Tell her I said hi. :P
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Animew wrote:well, normally when i meet someone i know from the internet and they recognize me i jump out the closest window... and not just because i know a lot of people that would rape me in a bathroom then murder me before doing it again and then eating me raw while doing it... but do you really want people on the internet to know what you get up to in real life? <_< or even worse, people in your real life to know what you get up to on the internet!?
You've got to be doing some pretty messed up stuff to trigger that kind of reaction. :? That was not a question. Please don't explain. I think I remember anyway.

If any of my IRL friends wants to know what I do online, if anything I'd be flattered and show them everything because I have nothing to hide (or rather nothing worth hiding)... Also I don't have any IRL friends I didn't meet online any more so that would be kind of exceptional.

I'm more reserved about my virtual friends knowing what I get up to IRL though, because for all I know they could be psychopathic stalkers hell-bent on bathroom-rape-murder-rape-murder-eating me.
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Western Cape

Post by Sev »

Little does she know that her coworker...