why do furries exist?

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox
Region: Gauteng

why do furries exist?

Post by jacojerb »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDHx6Cisdg

Just happened to find this vid while watching other stuff on youtube. It isn't perfect, but it is fair. And with 120 thousand views, this is definitely a good thing.

And then I went to the comments... So much hate against furries, people ignoring the statistics, people who are just hating for the sake of hating. They were presented a fair argument from a third party, and they just ignore it...
Mew?
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Re: why do furries exist?

Post by Leeward »

It's called trolling. Unfortunately, we're easy targets for trolls because furries tend to overreact and cause drama.
Franky
The Bad Guy
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox

Post by Franky »

Most of the trolls are furries.
Jakkals
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Rodney

Post by Jakkals »

Furries exist so we like minded folk can can identify each other and have a common interest to talk about .We often use our fur ID's as a common ground to meet new people who otherwise we would never have met , the only motivation behind this action being that we know that they are also a furrie and most likely your chances of rejection bu them are much less than with conventional people.
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

so what you are telling me is... my brain was hacked by consumerist propaganda...
...and i have autism?
no-fuck-you-im-a-cat.jpg
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

Dammit you beat me to the video, quite a good vid though, really puts allot into perspective for me
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Swish
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: King Cheetah
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by Swish »

Oh, this was a very interesting video to watch! It's been a question that's been swimming around in my mind as well. I think he had a very fair take on the whole nature of the fandom and what draws many of us to it, mostly citing academic sources in the process. Rather refreshing to see the source list at the end! I do wish he put them in the description of the video so they could be better copied and pasted and searched for for further reading. :3