What is your furry doing?

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Franky
The Bad Guy
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox
Region: Gauteng

Re: What is your furry doing?

Post by Franky »

Having sex durrr....
Traden
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Leopard
Region: Other

Post by Traden »

Trying to summon himself into existence.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

Wondering when her pizza will be cooked. COOOK YOU TWAT!!!!
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Traden wrote:Trying to summon himself into existence.
Eat your heart out, Descartes - there's a whole new existential crisis in town. :P

Galahad is going to go do something most raptors love to do - go for a long, steady run in the outdoors. It's about time I got out of from these four walls.
Traden
Species: Leopard

Post by Traden »

Galahad wrote:Galahad is going to go do something most raptors love to do - go for a long, steady run in the outdoors. It's about time I got out of from these four walls.
Running is amazing! If I spend too much time indoors, I go very stir-crazy. I have to go for a walk or run outside multiple times a day to keep my mind clear.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Going rock climbing. Although, more rock-being-lifted than climbing. Benefits of being feral. ^^
cliffgrowlithe04_final.jpg
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Vulpes chama
Region: Western Cape

Post by Cape_F0X »

That's not the point of rock climbing! It's all about the view. ;)
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

Arguing with herself over what mask to wear
Sa1tflat
Species: A filthy hybrid

Post by Sa1tflat »

Looking for looking for sunglasses so that he can come out of his cave
@Sa1tflat on telegram.
I definitely straight as shit, definitely
Ok maybe not
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Drinking... ooooo.... Cider
Kievvu
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Post by Kievvu »

Pawing at a box of pizza
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

Decimating KFC :lol: yaaaaas
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

feeling overly giggly and happy and wiggling a lot
Mr_wolfi
Species: wolf
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by Mr_wolfi »

YUP that's the best!
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Galahad is currently procrastinating and trying to ignore the enormous university workload that needs to be gone through before engineering test week. The tall anthro blue raptor, with his headphones perched upon his head, is switching between playing Skyrim, watching YouTube videos and playing puzzle games on his phone.
It might take someone to slap him back to reality so that he can attend to his obligations.

(Also, I am sure the title of this thread was supposed to be "what is your fursona doing?" :P)
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

Adagio is in his workshop, tinkering with some kind of synthetic skin to cover up his prosthesis.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Galahad wrote:(Also, I am sure the title of this thread was supposed to be "what is your fursona doing?" :P)
Ho ho ho. Perhaps it's a bit outdated now but I imagine the title here drew from the term "personal furry." It's not something you see often these days but it is in the Wikifur article on fursonas. The alt.fan.furry FAQ, archived from 2003, has a whole section dedicated to the "personal furry" and no mention of the term "fursona." I don't know when exactly the term fursona first came into use or when it became popular but it was not always used.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Be that as it may, 1) this thread was created in January 2015 when "fursona" was already widely being used, and 2) "furry" is quite different from "personal furry", as the former is far more universally accepted to refer to a (human) member of the fandom or a person with an interest in anthro animals (otherwise, why would "personal furry" need to be qualified with "personal"?), whereas very few even use the latter now (if you search on this forum for "personal furry", it quite likely does not even appear until now in that form - not even in 2008; and almost every use of "furry" refers to the fandom in general or people in it). So it is not only a matter of etymology, but a matter of accuracy and relevance. Unless you want to be all hip and groovy with the obsolete lingo from 14 years ago, Rakuen. ;)
Rakuen Growlithe wrote:Ho ho ho.
I see your Santa Claus impression is developing well! Now you just need to give us all presents.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

You're forgetting the whole third definition of furry which applies to furry characters and which I've previously said is the most important definition of furry as it is the preference for furries (the characters) that defines the people. Also personal furry could have been intended to be now inclusive as someone could have a personal furry character which they role play as but is nota furry representation of themselves. For example I think the South African artist Zen's character is not thesame as him because the character is meant to represent something else. It may be considered obsolete now but the furry fandom was around for a long time and has many terms with meaning and history behind them.

Dropping knowledge bombs/presents from my phone.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:You're forgetting the whole third definition of furry which applies to furry characters and which I've previously said is the most important definition of furry as it is the preference for furries (the characters) that defines the people.
I'm quite aware, but as I said in my previous post:
"And almost every use of "furry" refers to the fandom in general or people in it." All it takes is a simple search of the forum to see this is true. But never mind that: the fact that there are at least three definitions for the same word is only proving its ambiguity and dependence upon context. "Fursona" has only one definition. No need for further clarity. Do we commonly call cars "motor vehicles" or "automobiles"? It would not be technically incorrect. It'd just be vague and unnecessary.
Rakuen Growlithe wrote:Also personal furry could have been intended to be now inclusive as someone could have a personal furry character which they role play as but is nota furry representation of themselves.
And? Read the posts in this thread. Virtually every single one of them applies to the furry character representing the poster. It only makes "fursona" more applicable here, specifically.
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

craving pokeblocs...
Rakuen Growlithe wrote:You're forgetting the whole third definition of furry which applies to furry characters and which I've previously said is the most important definition of furry as it is the preference for furries (the characters) that defines the people.
pfft, i remember your definition of furries managed to include superman as a furry...
<w< i think Galahad is just jangling you by the semantics, fire dog.
in the greater scheme of things we are all yokels and nothing we do or say matters so why not just have fun with the things we do and say? i mean Animew is by definition NOT my fursona and is more like my company mascot but i have fun adopting her personality and referring to myself as having a fluffy green ass... face it, no matter how you define words and meanings or try to railroad how people do or say stuff <w< you'll always get that asshole using a fire axe as a hammer and that dingus using your highly defined word for something general.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Animew wrote:pfft, i remember your definition of furries managed to include superman as a furry...
You might want to go back and check that. Otherwise not getting drawn any further into your weird troll mind.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: You might want to go back and check that.
nope! you totes said superman was an animal... and that Dracula was a furry. it was on basis of extraterrestrial life and its place in the classification of animals i think. it all made sense but i kept telling you that you were over thinking it and you should stick to the simplest possible version of a definition.
Rakuen Growlithe wrote:not getting drawn any further into your weird troll mind.
nah, you'll like it. <w< its warm and kinky in here.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

RE the furry vs. fursona thing: the confusion is invalidated by the use of "your" in the title, which implies what couldn't possibly mean anything other than your personal furry.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time

Post by Raven Song »

I have two personal furries and I've used them both in here, and both of them right now want everyone to know they are tipsy and fairly grumpy...
Asbjorn-phoenix
Papa Bear
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: FireBear - Bear Phoenix hybrid

Post by Asbjorn-phoenix »

Contemplating removing a dog off my lap so I can go shower and admire the last week's worth of new facial fur (yeah the bear is a bit vain).
If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear,
if you've something to hide you shouldn't be here.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Galahad is currently lying back on his bed, being a tired and somewhat lazy raptor. Though, shortly, he will have to get up and work out in order to fill the rigorous exercise quota he set for himself. Let's just hope he doesn't hit his head on any branches this time, hm?
Kalium_Puceon
Species: Duiker!
Region: Western Cape
Mastodon: pleroma.site/kalium

Post by Kalium_Puceon »

Kalium is hopefully sleeping at the moment, since she remembered that the clock is two hours slow and it is not in fact midnight, but 0200.
"You never get over the desire to do stupid things. You simply have to overrule your stupid urges with an acquired sense of fear."
-Dr. Richard Weisiger

Contact Me!
My Github! | My Twitter! | My Tumblr | Hit me up as Kalium on foonetic IRC!
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

Wiggling lots.
After all that is how snek moves
owo
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Galahad is sprawled out in bed and cursing the morning for having come so soon. Or perhaps it was him that went to bed too late? In either case, the sleep deprived raptor wishes he could apply his snout to the comfort of the pillow for a few more hours. But, alas, the day awaits!