What do you want to do at Meets?

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse
Region: Gauteng

What do you want to do at Meets?

Post by anoyomouse »

Since this is a general question and doesn't specifically fit into the Jozi forum.

The idea came up that we should try and make definate plans for meets and ask everyone what they want to do at a meet.

So, if you came to a meet what would you like to do?

also, if you're interested in comming to a meet in Jozi, then PM me your cellphone number, so closer to the time i can give everyone notice about it, and stuff.
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Re: What do you want to do at Meets?

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Mmm I'd say it depends on the people involved. But some good suggestions are probably group games. On my first meet we went bowling and that was cool. Can also play video games,though that's usually only two people unless you lug your pc along.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Yukon
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Husky/wolf

Post by Yukon »

"play video games" - kinda takes away the whole social aspect and hence purpose of a general furmeet. Would be nice to find some sort of public event/fun day sort of thing.. similar to the rand easter show. Heck even a meet at gold reef city (or ratanga junction (*sp) for example for those from CT) would work nicely, and we'd fit right in with the mascots should anyone wish to wear their gear =P This sort of meet can always be followed up by going to a local fur's place to play poker, 30 seconds, etc. and just have a general chilled furry group chat over some beers (or hot chocolate or whatever u wish to drink =P )...
There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Dracius
Ilache Darastri
Species: Dragon
Region: Western Cape

Post by Dracius »

Hmm.. Well, there are a range of things to do and it really depends on how many furs are joining in. Something like the Rand Easter Show would be pretty cool. I'm willing to do quite a broad range of things, from go karting to jamming it out on GH3 combined with a braai + beer to Yukons aforementioned games day/evening. Charade 30 seconds sounds like a good suggestion. ;)

As for Ranta Junction, sweet idea, but for most furs, the cash flow is quite limited.

If I had a Wii, that would be included in the list :P
Part founder of the Ilache Darastri Clan.

Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Going to do public things and theme parks and stuff would be cool but is pretty expensive, especially if you want to have a regular sort of meet. Most people already have the video games. And I'd definitely disagree on them not being a social thing. I've spent time with friends playing video games and you talk a lot, even if most is saying how you'll get them for shooting you. It's easy, cheap and fun. I don't see how it's less social than a board game, which I would also support at a meet. I personally like Trivial Pursuit. What I think is an unsocial meet activity is movies, you get together then don't talk for two hours. 0.o
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
anoyomouse

Post by anoyomouse »

I can see me buying a 3rd and 4th Wiimote for my Wii, as well as the associated charging dock, plus battery packs.

4 player tennis would be sweet, as well as GH 4 (World thingie) with drums and a mic (need 3 wiimotes at least for that - 2 guitars and the drums)

yeah, well, Wii is mass fun for those watching as well, but becomes a bit .. deadly for people standing around :mrgreen:
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Dracius
Ilache Darastri

Post by Dracius »

oh, lets not forget the large amount of file sharing that would need to take place.. ;)

Also, it kinda depends on the amount of people that attends the meet.

For example, the 14-18 people year-end meet. I dont know of any multimedia application or device (besides listening to music and watching movies) that would be able to cater for that money people. So its likely that an outdoor activity should be performed, which again, is dependant on the location. There is apparently a pool at this place where myself and Gryph have found interest in, so if weather permits, catching a tan might not be a bad idea too, SINCE SOME OF YOU CLEARLY NEED IT!! :D :D :D *laughs* (j/k)

For the smaller lans, as the mousie says, Wii gaming can be pretty fun :) I guess you could include an Xbox or PS3, but thats mostly for 2 people :/

Another possibly time waster is drawing.. I've heard of a number of artists doing drawings in the rooms for friends, showing them techniques or tips, etc. I can definitely say that I draw worse than an unborn dragon-pup, but that doesnt mean that I wouldnt want to learn.

Oh, Twister looks fun! :D

Denim
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Human

Post by Denim »

Drink. A lot. For the lulz.
You might want to buckle up.
anoyomouse

Post by anoyomouse »

Wii can play up to 4 at the same time, i'm actually looking to get myself another 2 WiiMotes for just this

Wii tennis playing doubles, and of course (FINALLY) SSBB
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Dracius
Ilache Darastri

Post by Dracius »

Denim wrote:Drink. A lot. For the lulz.
*salutes!*

Sticky_Fingers
Species: brown bear

Post by Sticky_Fingers »

That drawing time seems like a good idea. I'm proablably gona head over with either a laptop or a removable hard drive. I am a picture whore.

Otherwise the ppol sounds like a great plan. THe weather is getting warmer surprisingly since it was -20° not long ago.

Wii is an awsome idea.

Ratanga is a bit expensive but if loads of people will fursuit then its something worth looking at. Just worried about a strip seach as you enter.

i'd like to propose something. A small competition...win R100 or something for best art or things like that. (best art being partly creative and obviously visually apealing).

Also for people doing web comics they can sell printed books or something almost like manga or a comic book. Though this is just an interesting idea for thought.
Just your average internet denizen with a strange name and dreams of becoming a game developer. Catch me on FA: stickyfingers
anoyomouse

Post by anoyomouse »

problem with "best art" and competitions, is the only art some of us can do is stuff completely unrelated to the ctual drawn stuff
my artform is programming
and sure, i could do a nice program, but that wouldn't appeal to any of you anyway

fursuiting in a bundle is great, but the cost of fursuits and the number of furs around that can fursuit .. yeah, that's another problem

if there were more furs around making suits then we could maybe sort out 5 or 6 of us, but our community is small.

A lot of ideas will only work well if we had well of 100 active members that got together on a semi-regular basis.

Wii is awesome because the biggest meet we've had was 10, and then it's easy to socilize and play against each other ... we can also do 360 with 4 remotes, there's some really addictive arcade games out for it now.
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Sticky_Fingers
Species: brown bear

Post by Sticky_Fingers »

LOL Ye I was jsut throwin ideas out. I'm really interested in making a fursuit but my family watches me too closely. My mom will wonder what I'm doing with her sewing machine....I'm not great iwth hand sewing. Plus how will I store it safely?
Just your average internet denizen with a strange name and dreams of becoming a game developer. Catch me on FA: stickyfingers
anoyomouse

Post by anoyomouse »

that's easy ... in a furiend's cupboard :P

yeah, i know the feeling, my parents will wonder WTF, but my mom got my awesome mousie picture framed, so she knows all about my furryness :P

wonder if there's more ideas out there ;)
~~~(___^> *squeak*