Furry hypocrisy?

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Furry hypocrisy?

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

1158273877237.jpg
Do furs sometimes claim anyone that doesn't like them is a hater? I hear a bit of talking about furs not liking how they get judged but do we sometimes bring it upon ourselves?
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
SilverDragon
Ilache Darastri
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dragon
Region: Western Cape

Re: Furry hypocrisy?

Post by SilverDragon »

Seeing the pic you posted actually got me thinking.. and I believe you are right, we do sometimes bring it upon ourselves.

Sure, no one in the world really has the right to judge anyone else, but heck, they do it anyways.. and I'm sure if you go and think a bit you will find that somewhere in your life, you too have judged someone for something that they either are, or had done, or for anything, it's all the same.

We are just going to have to accept that there are going to be people who judge us for what we choose to be, and if they don't want anything to do with me because I'm furry then so be it, but they really don't need to go all furry hater.. all they have to do is leave >.>

I know that some furs experience this a little more personal, as some may have people close to them that don't like furries.. I believe that if these people are your friends, then they would accept you for who you are and both you and the other person are just going to have to find a way to live with it.

(I may have gone a little off topic, I'm not sure, but I apologize. I'm not used to ranting :| :P )
---------------------
PSN ID:
Acronix_23
---------------------
(\_/)
(O.o)
This is Bunny.
(> <) He is on his way to World Domination
anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse
Region: Gauteng

Post by anoyomouse »

This reminds me of the Emo junkies

mkaing up stories and being emo, just because it attracts more attention from others.

they should become babyfurs, then you know about too much attention, you can bathe in it quite easily, but it still leaves you with a dry feeling in your muzzle because at the end of the day you're not a really furry, or not even a real cub, and you're 1500 miles or more away from whomever you're talking to.

it's really dissociated, oh well
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Grifthin
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Griffin
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by Grifthin »

It's a trap most people in fringe groups fall into, Be it BDSM, Furries, Role Playing guys and gals enc. Hell even I've done it on occasion. Most people don't really care what you do in your free time as long as they don't need to see it. If it does affect them most are rather willing to sit down and listen to explanations before launching into a jihad.
Yukon
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Husky/wolf
Region: Gauteng

Post by Yukon »

"we do sometimes bring it upon ourselves." - very true a lot of the time. Anyone who's seen the furry war videos on youtube will know that. sorry to say many of the defending furries make our reputations even worse by the way they make these terrible vidoes. i'll never forget one, where some guy talks in a real nerdy slow style "look, what's this? it's a house. yes, furries actually live in houses. oh look, what this, it's my room. yes furries don't live in basements." i wanted to shoot the guy for humiliating us like that :-/
There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

What furry war videos? I've never heard of them.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
WolfyDragon
Species: Wolfylike

Post by WolfyDragon »

:roll: AAH, yes I have seen pretty much all of it. It is really annoying. but some of it realy cracks me up.