Big Fur Meet for everyfur!

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Gryph
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Wolf with wings
Region: Western Cape

Big Fur Meet for everyfur!

Post by Gryph »

So the topic has come up a few times bout having a BIG fur meet. for all the furs around SA. Well, i for 1, think its an awesome idea. I nominate it being at the end of the year. In cape town. we could rent a beach house. even if its just for a weekend. please, please, please let me know ur thoughts.
I hug straight people

Official member of the Muske-queers
Forgotten_Fox
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Red Fox
Region: Freestate

Re: Big Fur Meet for everyfur!

Post by Forgotten_Fox »

wish i could had been there.......
Yo, name is Zelian
I'm half reptilian
I'm out on a mission to get silly again
Smoking dope with some coke and it makes me choke
Drinking some dragon Vodka
Playing a game of Dota
When I'm starting to get drunk
I pass out on a bunk
Wolfers
Snugglebeast
Species: Wolf/Bear
Region: Gauteng

Post by Wolfers »

I think this is a superb idea! We can really make it work out with some good planning *grins*

I haven't seen CT for 10 years, so i'm all for it!
~Wolfers~

Professional Animal Impersonator
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

That idea has my support.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Dracius
Ilache Darastri
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Dragon

Post by Dracius »

I definitely vouch for this. There are really decent holiday houses around the Gordons Bay area, closer to the warmer Indian ocean ^..^ Besides the ocean, the air is ultra fresh, and its not really a HUGE mission to get into the Cape Flats area when we need to do other stuff.
Part founder of the Ilache Darastri Clan.

Yukon
Species: Husky/wolf

Post by Yukon »

The idea sounds great, though due to the nature of my business (entrepreneur), I will have to see if I will be able to leave my business unattended. This will depend largely on what staff I have at that time. Also depends how acquainted I get with the Jozi furries here - I would insist on bringing my own car down, though travelling to CT alone would be a bitch. Don't think I'd want to bring any non-furry friends down for this lol!
There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Forgotten_Fox
Species: Red Fox
Region: Freestate

Post by Forgotten_Fox »

hehe you don't have to go down alone, you can take me with you Yukon ;) though im broke as F**k right now hmmm, oh well
Yo, name is Zelian
I'm half reptilian
I'm out on a mission to get silly again
Smoking dope with some coke and it makes me choke
Drinking some dragon Vodka
Playing a game of Dota
When I'm starting to get drunk
I pass out on a bunk
anoyomouse
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Brown House mouse

Post by anoyomouse »

well, sounds like a great plan

nearer december we get free time off!

i might also need to worry about bringing a wolf along, who's trying to get into a job.

So leave permitting and all that, we'll be there, or maybe not, we'll see.

could always try run a furmeet between two places with a skype call between places, so we can all meet and stuff :P
~~~(___^> *squeak*
Dualsa
Species: Blue Point Siamese or Husky
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by Dualsa »

I am absolutely for it! It would be great to meet everyone here :3
December is good, especially mid-December for me when all the post-matric rejoicing has finished :P

I am all for this idea, 100%!
Back after a long absence! Sometimes Siamese, sometimes Husky. Can't blame me for indecision, just gief me feesh :V
Gryph

Post by Gryph »

Thanks for all the responses so far. like i told Kad... "spread the word!"

anyway. when it comes to cash. im gonna be looking around for prices and availability of places for december. i'll post more info when iv gotten it. I really think meeting fur to fur will be a great way to get to know everybody better.

^^
I hug straight people

Kad FoxWolf
Fuzzy and crazy
Species: Arctic fox with white wolf mix

Post by Kad FoxWolf »

Gryph wrote:Thanks for all the responses so far. like i told Kad... "spread the word!"

anyway. when it comes to cash. im gonna be looking around for prices and availability of places for december. i'll post more info when iv gotten it. I really think meeting fur to fur will be a great way to get to know everybody better.

^^

Humm i'll spread the word... Hehe once i get off my lazy butt and remember to do so ;) Well i'm in for this idea, cost wise well everyone better start planning now just in case because trips like this don't come cheap... I'll talk to anyone who is interested so don't be shy, i don't bite... (much 8-) )
"Stercus accidit"
Dracius
Ilache Darastri

Post by Dracius »

Sweet, looks like this is getting some attention. :)

Alright guys, I did some sniffing around. Please note that these are just ROUGH prices, and can obviously change uptil the actual meet. Basically, anyone looking at coming to CPT is going to need at least R1500. This would include transport, food and board. Here is a mini-break down. Lets say this furmeet lasts for a period of 3 nights, 4 days... This would be from a thursday night till the sunday evening. (Too short? Too Long?)

Food: R300-R400
Board: R500 (Taking for granted that at least 15 furs make it)
Petrol Costs: R700
Spending: Up to you

Regarding the petrol costs, it takes about 3 tanks of petrol to get to CPT and 3 tanks to get back to JHB. At R500 a tank, thats R3000 for the total trip. I'd say a maximum of 4 people should be in a car at a time, including bags, etc. This would bring down the petrol costs to R750 a person.

I can see this being very expensive... Either someone is going to have to pull out the "Its who you know" card, which is what I'll be doing, or this is going to have to happen at someone's house. I cant think of anyone who is able to do that.

I can think of tons of things.. but I guess we should take it one step at a time. Money would be the most important.

Lets hear what ya all have to say :)

Yukon

Post by Yukon »

Was speaking to a friend about this, and he's keen for the idea of a trip down to CT in December...he and another friend will go by plane, me by car... the one friend knows well that I'm a furry and would be going down largely for this meet, and will assist me in keeping the other friend from wondering where I disappear to for a little while here and there ;)

As said they will be going down by plane, so still would need to find one or two furries to drive down with me. Can't take more than two (which is already a squeeze) - my boot is fully occupied by sound (no, i'm NOT taking it out for the trip =P ), so the back seat of my 2 door car is the luggage compartment ;) I'd be staying with my (non-furry) friends, so accommodation of whoever comes with me for the trip would still have to be arranged separately.

This is all in the air at the moment, but so far seems like the plan for me, so you can provisionally count me in ;)
There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Well I could host up to three furs maybe. Of course I'd rather those are furs I've talked to, you know who you are, but if we getting near the time and you need a place to stay you can ask me. And you can't be allergic to cats, like most of the furs down here already.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Anukis
Species: pretty playful kitty kat

Post by Anukis »

yay i am excited!!

the only female?
*sigh
somethings never change
Pronounced Ann-you-kiss Meow!*
Dracius
Ilache Darastri

Post by Dracius »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:Well I could host up to three furs maybe. Of course I'd rather those are furs I've talked to, you know who you are, but if we getting near the time and you need a place to stay you can ask me. And you can't be allergic to cats, like most of the furs down here already.
That wont be necessary, as we'll be staying in a large house where we can all sleep in, away from the cape peninsula area. (Unless, of course, you are arranging something with furs for before and after the meet. Completely up to you)
Anukis wrote: the only female?
*sigh
somethings never change
haha! Unlucky. Unforunately, I cant bring out the dragoness in me :P I cant even say that you shouldn't worry, cause there are actually a number of straight furs coming along too >..>

-------

As for the location, Gryph found this awesome specimen, http://www.capestay.co.za/destiny3510/ - Nothing is set in stone, its just an option for now, though I can say that it might even be 'the one'. :P If 15 furs had to book this place for 3 nights, we are looking at around R500 per person for said 3 nights. This is already R200 compared to what I previously guesstimated. Also, the maximum amount we can have at once is 18, so if it guess a little hectic. We can use this as a guideline, but if we need a bigger place, we can try and organise that. I've made adjustments to my above post about the pricing.

-------

Here is the known list of furs that attending/driving/flying/etc. This will obviously update, so please let me know if I should add you. Once more details about the meet are created, we can start confirming if each individual fur can attend or not.

Who are keen on attending:

Anoyomouse
Anukis - Confirmed.
Dualsa
Dracius - Confirmed.
Gryph - Confirmed.
Huskyboi - Confirmed, Needs Transport.
Kad FoxWolf
Rakuen Growlithe - Confirmed.
SilverDragon - Confirmed.
Snow - Confirmed.
Steed - Confirmed, Needs Transport.
Yukon
Warwick
Wolfers
Wolfy - Confirmed.

Here is the known list of brave drivers: (Not confirmed)

Yukon - Himself and 2 others
Kad FoxWolf - Himself, SilverDragon and another (Might need some clarity here.)

------

Let me know if I am missing anything...

Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Darn so we won't be able to stay in homes? Could perhaps decrease costs that way. Although I guess homes are too far apart and we'd have to all meet somewhere. I'm gonna have to start saving.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Warwick
Species: Red panda

Post by Warwick »

Hmmmm....I might be able to go.....not sure really....for now just maybe :roll:
Dracius
Ilache Darastri

Post by Dracius »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote:Darn so we won't be able to stay in homes? Could perhaps decrease costs that way. Although I guess homes are too far apart and we'd have to all meet somewhere. I'm gonna have to start saving.
Yea, very true, though it spoils the fun of not sleeping altogether :P Start saving R150 a month from now, then you should have enough. (for you specifically, since you dont have to deal with huge petrol costs...)
Warwick wrote:Hmmmm....I might be able to go.....not sure really....for now just maybe :roll:

Sweet, i've added you to the list, but you'll still need to confirm with me.

*tailwaves!*

Yukon

Post by Yukon »

Anukis wrote:the only female?
Yay! One is better than none ;) As Dracius says, there are straight furs that'll be there (*cough* lol!) (j/k).. besides, I know another female furry from CT not on these boards who I'm sure I can convince to at least say howzit during the meet :) In ZA it seems that female furries are either lacking or shy.. hope this tends more towards "shy" than "lacking"..

The house is awesome Dracius... a pool table!!??? I'm in!! hehe... at this stage though I do think it's more likely I'll be staying with my non-furry friends in CT...

I agree with Rakuen with regards to hosting people you know...does go the same with furries I'd take down with me from Jozi for the trip. Would only take down furries I already know IRL by the time the trip comes..

Dracius suggests 3 days and 4 nights... don't mind myself how long the furmeet is; I think each group of furries may make their own plans to stay/carry on longer or shorter.. if I do go down to CT though, it'll more likely be longer (6-10 days), regardless of how long the furmeet carries on for. This would affect transportation back, but then again too early to say for certain...

Rakuen: Staying in people's homes? Great idea, but once again I refer back to the aforementioned... staying with people you already know IRL (or at least rather well online) is quite a big factor for me, hence why I'd want to stay with my non-furry friends while down there if things don't change by then...
Gryph

Post by Gryph »

okay, firstly even though the meet is only a few days, snow and i have space for at least another 2 furs for whoever wants to be in ct b4 the meet or after. doesn't matter. plus that way you don't have to pay extra for a hotel or b&b.

Secondly i understand that a lot of you have an issue with staying in a big house with people you don't know. but that is kinda the point of having this meet. theres a reason its called that. iv heard a lot about everybody through different furs on this forum and there's only one thing i can say about all of us being in one house: "Frikkin awesome". But if anybody wants get to know sum1 in ct b4 you come down, add me to msn(best option) or email me or sms me or phone me. gryphenwolf(@T)live(d0T)com. i'm sure Dracius feels the same way.

PS. the idea is to meet new people with similar interests. make new friends and to top it off..... have fun.
I hug straight people

Steed
Huskyboi's Horsie
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Horse

Post by Steed »

I am keen enough assuming both me and my husky can get transport to where ever this meet is gonna be. I suppose we will have to figure things out closer to the time.
huskyboi
Steed's Puppy
Species: cannibal

Post by huskyboi »

Could be interesting yeah... hmmm,

Forgotten come on man, you gotsta make it man :P Hope ya do - we can talk Oblivion :P lol

Ranky, ranky.... you coming too right? o.O

~~~ I stand accused just like you for being born without a silver spoon ~~~
Dracius
Ilache Darastri

Post by Dracius »

Yukon wrote:besides, I know another female furry from CT not on these boards who I'm sure I can convince to at least say howzit during the meet

LOL, what are you waiting for?!? Show her the forums!! *growls* Besides, I'm sure Anukis would feel better. :)
Yukon wrote:The house is awesome Dracius... a pool table!!??? I'm in!!

Yep, there is a pool table, which is just a fraction of the activities that will be available.
Yukon wrote:I agree with Rakuen with regards to hosting people you know...does go the same with furries I'd take down with me from Jozi for the trip. Would only take down furries I already know IRL by the time the trip comes..

I dont blame you for thinking like this, as I'd do the same. Though December is quite far off, you can get pretty close to someone in well under 6 months.
Yukon wrote:Dracius suggests 3 days and 4 nights... don't mind myself how long the furmeet is; I think each group of furries may make their own plans to stay/carry on longer or shorter.. if I do go down to CT though, it'll more likely be longer (6-10 days), regardless of how long the furmeet carries on for. This would affect transportation back, but then again too early to say for certain...
*nods to you* I suggested only 3 nights as this is the best amount of nights for trying to enjoying ourselves while still being cost effective. I'm also quite keen in hosting a few furs a couple of days before and after the event ^..^ Though I cant provide space for everyone, I should be able to put up with around 3-4 furs. (I dont let my den open to just anyone :P)
Gryph wrote:Secondly i understand that a lot of you ... i'm sure Dracius feels the same way.
Yes. I do feel the same way. This is one of the only ways of breaking the barrier that has held all of us back for such a long time. I know some of you have been to furmeets already, but the above list is already at 15 furs... I've never heard of a anything as large or as close to this in SA. There are at least another 5-6 furs that I think would be adding themselves soon. I'm always happy to meet others who have similar interests, or even finding similar interests. If ya dont have it already, or havent checked on my profile page, my msn addy is nicor(@T)allroundmodders(d0T)co(d0T)za - Gryph, i've adjusted your post for anti-spamage measures :P
Steed wrote:I am keen enough assuming both me and my husky can get transport to where ever this meet is gonna be. I suppose we will have to figure things out closer to the time.

Hmm.. Well, hopefully something will resolve itself. Are you not maybe able to hire out a car or something? I've seen some R99 a day deals.. >..>

Lol Husky, we'll be doing more than talking Oblivion :P *grins, hinting to Anukis...* I've also added both you and steed onto the list, pending transport.

----------

Please everyone, let me know if I need to add you to this list and if you can confirm it with me. For those that are currently on the list with no confirmation, again, let me know if you are confirming or not. The maximum amount of people this place can take is 18, (maybe we can squeeze 20). There are at least 60 users on this site, so get those confirmations to me asap!

----------

BREATHE! *tailwags*

Dracius
Ilache Darastri

Post by Dracius »

Just an update... Destiny is booked out till the 14th of December.

How does the 15th of December till the 18th of December sound? This is specifically for booking Destiny itself, obviously you have the option of coming earlier and/or leaving later but that you'd have to sort out with the person your going to stay with. :)

Let us know! :D :D :D *tailwaves like mad!*

Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I don't have much on an income to save from :( Just some pocket money. But I'll be there even if I have to empty my rather low bank account.

I don't mind hosting people I haven't met but I must have at least chatted a fair amount. And it would be nice to have some people over for a while.

I'm cool with that time period. I'll be on holiday again.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Dualsa
Species: Blue Point Siamese or Husky
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by Dualsa »

That time period is perfect for me, it gives me time to get past any post-matric celebrations. As for the prices, if I saved constantly from now I should be able to make it, but that's still debatable. Also, for transport, if there are any other PE furs that are looking to go, it would be sensible to go together...Chances are I won't be allowed to drive that far, being so new to having a license, so I would either need a lift, or have to catch a bus
Back after a long absence! Sometimes Siamese, sometimes Husky. Can't blame me for indecision, just gief me feesh :V
Dracius
Ilache Darastri

Post by Dracius »

Dualsa wrote:Also, for transport, if there are any other PE furs that are looking to go, it would be sensible to go together...Chances are I won't be allowed to drive that far, being so new to having a license, so I would either need a lift, or have to catch a bus
I dont want to sound unreasonable or anything, but for a few R100's more, you can get piece of mind by flying. Though, this is your last resort if ya dont get anyone to drive down with. Should I confirm your attempt to pitching up? :)

SilverDragon
Ilache Darastri

Post by SilverDragon »

Wow.. I'm actually still here >.>

Anyways, as Dracius said, I might be able to make it to the meet. I really, REALLY want to go, and I'm already saving up to make sure that I will be able to.

As for transportation down there.. I was hoping that Kad might have a space for me as I believe that he is the fur closest to me, which would make things a whole lot easier.

And for accommodation.. I would rather stay with the group as I think that would be more fun.. and if I need to stay a few days more, maybe I could crash at Dracius' place ;) :P
---------------------
PSN ID:
Acronix_23
---------------------
(\_/)
(O.o)
This is Bunny.
(> <) He is on his way to World Domination
Dracius
Ilache Darastri

Post by Dracius »

SilverDragon wrote:And for accommodation.. I would rather stay with the group as I think that would be more fun.. and if I need to stay a few days more, maybe I could crash at Dracius' place
Hehe, I'm sure we can arrange something :P Seems that i'm going to be hosting a few furs too.. I've spoken to Warwick and he seems quite keen in coming to the meet :)

Also, and unfortunately, Destiny is booked out from the 14th of December onwards, not uptil the 14th of December. This means that we'll be looking around again, as most work places only officially close on the 12th of December.

Kad, mind if I confirm your name and note that you could be lifting SilverDragon?