how did you come up with your names

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

Re: how did you come up with your names

Post by Adagio »

My online persona is Adagio(well duh...) it origionally came from a song called Adagio for Strings by Tiësto... I googled the word Adagio and found out it means "a slow tempo" and decided that that suites me!
And even more so these days, since I started playing the Violin... Lol!
ZeeTrix
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: Vulpes vulpes

Post by ZeeTrix »

Well, this is a bit of an interesting story...

ZeeTrix was actually my Minecraft screen name when I was 12, which simply became my generic screen name, and finally my Fursona.

The name ZeeTrix evolved from zee-trix, a magic set purchased from the V&A Waterfont when I was 11. It was lying on my desk while I was struggling to come up with a good screen name. I glanced at it and was like, "What the hell, zee-trix sounds kinda cool." Unfortunately Minecraft didn't allow "-" characters in the screen name so I changed it up a bit.

Hope I don't get sued :lol:
If you don't turn your life into a story, you just become part of someone else's story.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Ivic was a character of a short story I'd been writing back in 1999-2000. He was a werewolf and was able to communicate with other wolves. He lived in Alaska. (Balto inspired I have too say). Afterwards I took the name as my own and it has stuck with me as my gamertag, personal nickname etc.
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

Raven Song: Raven came from my weird fascination with Edgar Allen Poe... and his poem "The Raven" which inspired me to get into poetry and acting as a youngster. Song is due to my love of music and when combined Ravensong has a nice ring to it.

Magpie: Raven's are plain black and i wanted my angel dragon to still have a part of my main sona so i looked at what other members of the crow family looked like and i loved the colour scheme and patterning on a Magpie... Magpie sounds cute anyway :P
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Asbjorn-phoenix
Papa Bear
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: FireBear - Bear Phoenix hybrid

Post by Asbjorn-phoenix »

HEY!!! I'm supposed to be local thread necromancer... Who be this ZeeTrix trying to usurp the role from me? :)
If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear,
if you've something to hide you shouldn't be here.
Tetsudra
Species: Apathetic

Post by Tetsudra »

Portmanteau. "Tetsu" is a Japanese name with many meanings, but all sort of the same general theme - strong, determined, capable, etc. And "dragon" because I shouldn't be too obscure ;)
Elyk
Species: Flusky; fluffy husky/cat+husky
Region: Western Cape

Post by Elyk »

I didn't put much thought into zangelHusky when I first joined this forum. I had never been a member of a forum, never played online games, etc, so never really had the need for such a username. Anyway...

Way back in primary school I remember my group of friends decided to see what our names were reversed. And somehow Elyk (reverse of my name) stayed in my head all this time. Although they pronounced it Eh-lick, I found myself attracted to the pronunciation Ee-like. SO that stuck. And that's where I am today, Elyk the Flusky :)
YoteFox
Species: Arctic Sabre Fox

Post by YoteFox »

Rum & Monkey online quiz gave me the name Coyote Animosus which changed to Yote which later changed to YoteFox
I'd rather be fursuiting

Suit up and it will make you feel better
- Pepper Coyote

People get built different. We don't need to figure it out, we just need to respect it. Maybe he likes his company more than I like mine - Princess Bubblegum
Titanreaper
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Mythic Black Tiger Fox
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Post by Titanreaper »

I always imagined myself in comics, movies, anime or games...so I thought shit...I am a parody in it's self and my Furname was born...I AM PARODY!!!!
The circumstances of your birth are irrelevant, It's what you do with the gift of life that matters.
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

i am an animu cat... so animew made sense... also animew is actually just my mascot not my fursona and her real name is actually Guakamo. i called her that because i only had green paint at the time and i made the green paint from avocado pears. (the yellow came from a spotted aloe’s flowering stem) the name "animew the animu cat" was a nickname given to her by a dog who she then gave the nickname "Pause the procrastinator" in return.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Azzuenwolf
Species: Wolf

Post by Azzuenwolf »

Azzuenwolf is a two part name: I got Azzuen from a book I read called 'Promise of the wolves' which lit up a new passion for literature within my self (which is my life now). Azzuen was one of the friends of the protagonist, and I immediately fell in love with him, I could relate so much to him. Also, his name means 'strong of spirit'. Wolf because I have a fascination with wolves, I love them to bits.

And so Azzuenwolf has been born, I've been using the name as my writing name, artist name, gaming tag and everywhere I need it for about 8 years now I think.
Furraffinity
Deviantart
Picarto

When the moon whispers, the crimson will flourish.
Jakkals
Species: Rodney

Post by Jakkals »

Old gaming nic
Neon
Species: Huskeh

Post by Neon »

Heh, seeing that this thread is somewhat active again, I'll give it a go.

So Neon is only my furry name, and will forever only be that (probably). I only really had to think for 5 minutes to come up with it, seeing that my room was painted with neon spraypaints and I just generally love bright vibrant colours. But what really sealed the name was while I was toying with the idea of 'Neon', I happened to be listening to Billy Talent's Tears Into Wine and at that exact moment the lyrics went "...his fate was written on a Neon sign...". Its completely irrelevant of any meaning, but that somehow confirmed it for me.
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Species: Husky

Post by Tocs »

Tocs is my surname backwards (Scott) and because it's backwards some may say that it is topsy turvy.. so Tocs Y. Turvy.
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
Wiggins
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: African Wild Dog
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by Wiggins »

My nickname, which I would consider as much my own name as the name I was given when I was born!

My full 'nickname,' WigginsBradley, was given to me by a friend since I shared the same facial hair (at the time) and a similar name (Bradley) to a somewhat famous Cyclist (Bradley Wiggins). I took the name and decided to add a unique twist, and called myself Wiggins Bradley!

Sooo I just shortened it to Wiggins! I am not sure if I prefer being called Wiggins or Bradley or Both!
“A wise man once said a true history of the world is a history of great conversations in elegant rooms.”
TotemCoyote
Species: Tiwote

Post by TotemCoyote »

I began as Howl At The Moon and I realised that that wasn't a very good pseudonym even though it had my feelings in my heart at the time...

However! Totem emerged from the earth as I hold nature and animals close to my heart so Totem seemed fitting. There's more to it but that's a story for another day. :)
╔═╦╗╔╦═╦═╦╗╔╗
║═╣║║║╔╣╔╣╚╝║
║╔╣╚╝║║║║╠═╗║
╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚══╝
PROUD BE A FURRY!
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)

Post by Randall »

My name has been consistent for 15 years. I quote from my blog:
The handle, Sonic2k, comes from a handle using the name "Sonic" and the year 2000 "2k" as a permanent marker in history of the year when I became a fully-fledged member of the fandom. This is also my handle as a professional security consultant aka "ethical hacker". It is of course, my handle on Steam, and many other websites.
NightFang17
Species: Brown Hyena (Strandwolf)

Post by NightFang17 »

My nickname was kinda easy to make.

Backstory: I've always been obsessed with superpowers and made a lot of superhero/villain OC's. One of said OC's alias is Night Shade, but that didn't sound like a good nickname for me so I changed it to NightFang. :D
Be careful who or what you hate; it could be someone you love

My Telegram
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

NightFang17 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:07 am My nickname was kinda easy to make.

Backstory: I've always been obsessed with superpowers and made a lot of superhero/villain OC's. One of said OC's alias is Night Shade, but that didn't sound like a good nickname for me so I changed it to NightFang. :D
Oh? I'd love to hear more!
NightFang17

Post by NightFang17 »

Adagio wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:41 pm
NightFang17 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:07 am My nickname was kinda easy to make.

Oh? I'd love to hear more!
More about what exactly? :)

My Telegram
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

NightFang17 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:53 pm More about what exactly? :)
Your villain OC? ^^
Adagio is a villan too!
NightFang17

Post by NightFang17 »

Adagio wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:56 pm
NightFang17 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:53 pm More about what exactly? :)
Your villain OC? ^^
Adagio is a villan too!
Oh sure!

Well Stylo is actually more of a vigilante than a pure villain.
His power lets him ingest poisons, venoms and toxic chemicals and combines them into a more volatile toxin. The toxin is then stored in his quills. His blood is also toxic because of the excess toxins.

He prefers to go solo and has poisoned a few heroes and villains. He uses custom guns that turn his blood into vapour so he can make clouds of poison. He prefers to avoid close combat.

My Telegram
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

NightFang17 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:59 pmOh sure!
That's really cool! It's refreshing to not see another "So basically I'm a dog" XD

Adagio is a cyborg whos skeleton is comprised of nanites.
They allow him to hack electronics, and can bring up a forcefield,
They also generate a lot of heat, so he has to wear a cold suit to cool him down.
However the nanites draw power from his organic parts, and thus drain him. (Can't have him be completely OP now can I?)
NightFang17

Post by NightFang17 »

Adagio wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:20 pm
NightFang17 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:59 pmOh sure!
That's really cool! It's refreshing to not see another "So basically I'm a dog" XD

Adagio is a cyborg whos skeleton is comprised of nanites.
They allow him to hack electronics, and can bring up a forcefield,
They also generate a lot of heat, so he has to wear a cold suit to cool him down.
However the nanites draw power from his organic parts, and thus drain him. (Can't have him be completely OP now can I?)
Lol yeah, can't have completely OP characters XD

I also have a villain called Nightfall, don't know what his motive for being a villain is besides power. He basically controls shadows and can become one himself. His son, Kai, is an ex-hero(*) who has the same power but he also got photokinesis from his mom. He doesn't really use his photokinesis all that much though, so his alias is Night Shade.

(*): He sort of retired from being a hero and now just tries to find beat his dad.

My Telegram
Alex
Sexual preference: bi-mostly straight
Species: Panther

Post by Alex »

Yea 8-) so a It popped into your head & I brain stormed for hours on end with pen and paper in hand.
So actually it is a combination of both my irl names. It also draws inspiration from Alexander the Great.
◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana. ◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢
🏹
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/allexx7/
Telegram: @Allexs7
SadVac22
Species: Ampwave/Protogen

Post by SadVac22 »

SadVac22: oh BOY this one goes way back...

It started on Roblox with my account Prestoon843, I lost the password to that and made my current account Prestoon84, which i also lost the password to for a while. so i needed ANOTHER new account, hence SadVac10, i, once again, lost the password, giving birth to SadVac20. later on in 2022 (i found my password to Prestoon84) i was thinking of a name for my YT channel. my thought process: "I need a new name. hm, i remember SadVac20, its 2022, AHA, SadVac22!"
Even standing before Satan himself, I still fight for the freedom of all.
Storm
Species: Fox

Post by Storm »

My username is chosen in relation to being agender. It's my '''true name'' so to say. I've always been drawn to storms.It also symbolizes strength,danger,transformation,mystery and hope. The beauty of destruction in order to create something new.
somnia
Species: Wolf

Post by somnia »

Everyone has such interesting stories on how they came up with their name, and here I am, had insomnia while trying to come up with a name, so I just removed the in and boom xD
Storm
Species: Fox

Post by Storm »

somnia wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:59 am Everyone has such interesting stories on how they came up with their name, and here I am, had insomnia while trying to come up with a name, so I just removed the in and boom xD
Haha cute xx