What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Re: What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

Post by Contrast »

I've been having a really bizarre problem with my internet lately. Some websites only appear to be loading "partially". SoFurry is a good example of this. If I go to SF, the site loads, and it's technically functional, but none of the graphics will load, so it's just lines of text. But once I open one of the unloaded images in a new tab (after I solve a captcha) and refresh, then it goes back to normal. Any new images that show up (like new submissions) still refuse to load, though. The same thing happens in other places, like certain manga readers and anime sites.

I don't know if this is relevant or not, but the only sites that seem to be affected are the ones that ask you to solve a Cloudflare captcha to get in. You know, the ones that ask you to pick out boats, trains, busses and planes? That one.

I looked it up, and the only advice I could find was to turn off proxy settings, but that didn't change anything.

This isn't a major problem or anything, 90% of the websites I use still work normally, but it is kinda annoying, and I have no way of knowing if this might get worse. Does anybody know what's going on?
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Gauteng

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I've had that sort of thing. I figured it was because I'm weird with cookies and java and stuff. I think it's because things are loading from different places, e.g. The site is sofurry.com but the thumbnails are coming from sofurryfiles.com. So the different domains have separate Cloudflare and won't always be in sync. If you go to the image in a new tab, it forces that Cloudflare to load correctly and fixes the problem. I had it a couple weeks back when I guess my cookies expired. A bunch of sites stopped loading properly and I had to open a couple images on their own to get the domains working.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Did your problem just go away after a while? Because I've had this since Friday.
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

For me it only lasted a short while and I think got fixed once I loaded the domains individually. But it was all the Cloudflare sites at the same time.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

Well... My internet has been sucking recently. But the good news is they been starting to take preorders for fiber! FINALLY
Kievvu
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Post by Kievvu »

it's 38C...i want a slushy but its too hot to walk to the store but the ice cold goodness would cool me down but ima burn so fast in the sun...aaaaaaaaaa
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

I got accepted into Unisa!
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Post by Trace »

Congrats, Adagio!
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Making bananna bread for the first time.