What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

The place to talk about anything just generally furry. If you have a furry-related thread that doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here! Just keep it clean.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

Re: What are you doing RIGHT NOW?

Post by Adagio »

I bought a slice of peppermint crisp tart today. Love how they gave me some salt and pepper to go with it. ^^
Attachments
IMG_20210508_100304_606.jpg
IMG_20210508_121618_157.jpg
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

They clearly forgot the vinegar.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Just got a weird email from Microsoft. It goes like this:

Your OneDrive is inactive and will soon be deleted
Your [email address] personal account has been unused for two years and is currently frozen. Your files are still there, but your OneDrive and all files saved to that account will be deleted on or after 6/27/2021 5:29:21 PM unless sign in to OneDrive to reactivate it.

I don't think it's a scam (I looked around and it seems official). The thing is, I've never used OneDrive for anything, not even once (I think it's like Dropbox), and neither do I intend to ever use it. I think the only reason I even have one is because I made an Xbox account years ago. But anyway, here's my question. Is it okay to just leave it alone and let the account get deleted? Will it mess with anything? So many of Microsoft's stuff is connected to other stuff, so I'd just like to make sure.

Also, the giant red exclamation point in the big red triangle makes me feel uneasy. It's almost as if Microsoft wants you to panic the moment you open their damn email. -_-
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Yeah, it's like Dropbox. If you never put stuff on there, then it shouldn't matter at all.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Thanks, Rakuen. :)
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Okay, I'm sorry for using this thread like tech support, but I just got a really weird and infuriatingly vague SMS from the bank and it goes like this:

"Download the FNB app and update your personal information by 16/08/21 to remain compliant and to continue transacting."

Now what the FUCK is that supposed to mean? I've never used any FNB app for anything, and I don't use cellphone banking, either. Whenever I need to do bank stuff I just use internet banking on my laptop. What exactly is being threatened here? "To remain compliant and to continue transacting" is so vague. Are they going to delete my actual bank account? Surely not? When they say "app" do they mean something specifically for phones, or is it the same thing as my internet banking account? Would updating my personal information on my internet banking account solve the problem? Or is this something different? What will happen if I ignore this? Will I lose the ability to bank online? Will this mess with my bank account or my money?

I hate banks. -_-
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Well I have no idea what that's about. I also don't use the app for my bank. Internet banking only.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Contrast wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:38 pm Okay, I'm sorry for using this thread like tech support, but I just got a really weird and infuriatingly vague SMS from the bank and it goes like this:

"Download the FNB app and update your personal information by 16/08/21 to remain compliant and to continue transacting."

Now what the FUCK is that supposed to mean? I've never used any FNB app for anything, and I don't use cellphone banking, either. Whenever I need to do bank stuff I just use internet banking on my laptop. What exactly is being threatened here? "To remain compliant and to continue transacting" is so vague. Are they going to delete my actual bank account? Surely not? When they say "app" do they mean something specifically for phones, or is it the same thing as my internet banking account? Would updating my personal information on my internet banking account solve the problem? Or is this something different? What will happen if I ignore this? Will I lose the ability to bank online? Will this mess with my bank account or my money?

I hate banks. -_-
I think messing with your money in most circumstances would be illegal and a breach of contract. :P At worst, you might get locked out and forced to take a trip to go resolve it. But I don't think it'll come to that if you just see to it now.

The best thing to do would be, well, to download the app and sign in (same login details as internet banking). I am with FNB, and use both internet and cellphone banking interchangeably. The app is quite useful. And even if you delete it afterwards (though I really would recommend using it), you can at least sign in and see what it prompts you to do. Alternatively, give their customer service a [call] and ask about it. Or sign in to the FNB site and go check your personal information. Worst comes to worst, you can always take a drive to the closest FNB.
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

Good luck with your bank stuff Contrast!
I think calling them would be best to just ask what is going on, if having an app is becoming a required thing now, or why you got the message.

Idk if I should make a separate topic for this, or where I would even make it, so I'll just say here:
My DnD Character (Pictured) got suddenly aged 10 years by a Ghost attack (23 -> 33, similar lifespan to humans).
I they player know that they aged 10 years, but the characters don't, so how would I justify them figuring out he's a decade older?
If they were a human I would say that they seem to have 10 years worth of wrinkles added and a few grey hairs, because I guess that would make sense?

How do furries age, what noticeably changes on them?
I said how they noticed while having lunch around a table that he's got a small few gray fur hairs around his eyes and the tip of his muzzle cause that's what old dogs get, but is that it?

What I'm doing right now to be on topic is waiting for my work mac to download an update so i can shut it down to drive to the farm for lunch.
The town is back on 8 hours of power on, 8 hours off, because the municipality again didn't pay eskom, even though all the residents did.
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

I have POSSIBLY bought myself a desktop CNC machine.
But it's one of those "If it's too good to be true it is" cases...
But hey. It's through paypal and it shipped. So if it doesn't get here. Just reverse the transaction.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Just had a really weird dream in which I was drinking beer at a bar called "Old Oxygen". What kind of a name is "Old Oxygen" for a bar!?
Also, I think my bank problems are finally solved. Had to re-register my account, but everything should be fine now.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Contrast wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:29 pm Just had a really weird dream in which I was drinking beer at a bar called "Old Oxygen". What kind of a name is "Old Oxygen" for a bar!?
I heard the atmosphere there is a bit stale.

Ba.
Dum.
Tss.

As for what I'm doing, been working on an aeronautical engineering project. Designed 57 parts; stress checked, tolerance checked etc. Soon to be manufactured. Now I have to create an AMR (advanced materials request), where I have to specify the stock material (including dimensions and machining operations) required for every single part. Kill me.
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Galahad wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:55 pm I heard the atmosphere there is a bit stale.

Ba.
Dum.
Tss.
*siiigh*
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

Whew, first time in a bit I've been able to access the forum from my home network. Glad to be back on.
How is everyone doing?
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Dan Dragovic
Species: Dragon

Post by Dan Dragovic »

Doing good as of this time. I'm contemplating if I should get a better egg art picture commission request, or work on writing my scaly character profile and get that art commissioned.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I'm just being stressed.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Dan Dragovic
Species: Dragon

Post by Dan Dragovic »

You and me both.
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

Good luck with you both's stress, hope the issues paining you gets resolved in a good way.

@Dan, I think you should make a character, imo that's cooler than an egg :D

In the last few weeks Ive:
-Quit my job, working notice until the end of the month
-Accepted a new job for like 60% pay increase
-Started planning on moving to Cape Town for new job
-Bought a new PC that'll hopefully arrive tomorrow

Lots of change and nervous but exciting times currently.
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

That's really awesome, Faan!
Wishing you the best of luck with all of the changes in your life. ^.^
I just got a new PC recently myself, it's a massive upgrade from the one I was using.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
Kievvu
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Post by Kievvu »

I'm badly craving halloumi
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Kievvu wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:44 pm I'm badly craving halloumi
Halloumi is soooo good!! Fried in butter with sweet chilli sauce!

My landlady suddenly decided that I'm gonnabe paying for the electricity that's supposedto be included in the rent. But to be fair she's also reducingthe rent.by how much?I have no idea.
Soooo... I'm considering buying a solar panel for my Inverter that already has an MPPT charger built in.
(I'm also looking to move. Just not finding places that fit my requirements very well.)

PS. If anyone knows of a 1-2 bedroom granny flat in Pretoria. I'd appreciate if ya drop me a message. XD
Sa1tflat
Species: A filthy hybrid

Post by Sa1tflat »

Missing home. And buying a motorcycle. Cars are overrated
@Sa1tflat on telegram.
I definitely straight as shit, definitely
Ok maybe not
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

I went to Cape Town for a family event and now my watchlists on various sites have ballooned. >.<
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Currently catching up after another absence.
Hoping that everyone is doing well.
Kievvu
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Post by Kievvu »

having a bit of self reflection because for reasons I don't fully understand i decided to wear a dress today which is an extremely rare occurrence for me and usually only happens when I'm forced to for specific occasions.
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Struggling to fall asleep tonight...
Been applying to jobs and got a bite today. Recruiter called me and said they have someone possibly interested in me...
Hoping that this isn't a bad idea...
Wanna at least give the company I work for an opportunity to keep me...
LaShadow

Post by LaShadow »

Been blasting Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell all morning through my flat(expecting an eviction notice haha jk). About to play some LoL, it really helps with getting you ready and psyched up for gym :D Then I'll be heading off for golf practice probs.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Very hot and busy day. Finally got to test out my crossbow with Adagio before going for lunch and then off to a braai with my work friends. Felt like drive all over Pretoria.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Should have taken some photos.
TheOldWolf
Species: Wolf

Post by TheOldWolf »

Been a while since I checked in on this place. Heyyo all.
Exit light, enter night. My fluffy underbelly is the sky.