Hi,I'm new.

Come in and introduce yourself! Don't be shy now. We don't bite. Expect a few licks though...
Storm
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Fox
Region: Gauteng

Hi,I'm new.

Post by Storm »

Hi there! I'm a music teacher and horror poet.Asexual and proud, agender (they/them pronouns or my username please),vegan,Pagan (Animist),goth.I enjoy reading horror,crime,poetry and anything where foxes are involved.Not that keen on films in general.I love going for long walks and spending time in nature.

Favorite music: Lycia,The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble,She Wants Revenge,Bohren und der Club Of gore etc etc.

Favorite authors: Emily Carrol,Christina Sng,Shirley Jackson,Peter Straub and many more.

Nice to meet you all!
OhPossum
Sexual preference: Bi
Region: Western Cape
Mastodon: Wooly elephant

Re: Hi,I'm new.

Post by OhPossum »

Hi, welcome to the forum. Do you read any horror manga? Like the works of Junji Ito for example.
OhPossum

Post by OhPossum »

Storm wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:22 pm horror poet
Would you share some examples of your works?
Storm

Post by Storm »

Hi,thanks for the welcome.
Oh Uzumaki haha.I don't really read much horror manga and comics ,it's something I've started getting more into recently.
As far as horror is concerned I started with those goofy goosebumps books when I was about 9, and quickly moved on to Stephen King in grade 6.Most of the horror I've read tends to be from the 20th Century or before (but I will obviously read something contemporary if it's good).Peter Straub,Shirley Jackson,Joyce Carol Oates has some seriously dark stuff that's worth checking out,I was really into MR James at some point (if you enjoy ghost stories he is definitely worth checking out).I mostly read novels,short stories and poetry. Any horror comic or manga recommendations are welcomed.

I'll still post some of my poetry on the forum at some point.I should warn you though,it's quite dark hehe.
somnia
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Wolf

Post by somnia »

Hello~

*insert waving emoji here*
Storm

Post by Storm »

Hi,thanks for the welcome.
SadVac22
Species: Ampwave/Protogen
Region: Other

Post by SadVac22 »

Hello Storm, nice to meet you
Even standing before Satan himself, I still fight for the freedom of all.
Storm

Post by Storm »

Hi there,thanks for the welcome.
OhPossum

Post by OhPossum »

Storm wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:28 pm Peter Straub,Shirley Jackson,Joyce Carol Oates has some seriously dark stuff that's worth checking out,I was really into MR James at some point (if you enjoy ghost stories he is definitely worth checking out.
I'll have to look into them, I've only really read Stephen King and some Clive Barker when it comes to horror (and Junji Ito if that counts).
Storm

Post by Storm »

OhPossum wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:40 pm
Storm wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:28 pm Peter Straub,Shirley Jackson,Joyce Carol Oates has some seriously dark stuff that's worth checking out,I was really into MR James at some point (if you enjoy ghost stories he is definitely worth checking out.
I'll have to look into them, I've only really read Stephen King and some Clive Barker when it comes to horror (and Junji Ito if that counts).
Cool.I generally prefer atmosphere over gore but if there is a specific vibe you are going for you can let me know and I'll see if I can think of some additional suggestions.I mostly read horror,I find it soothing in a way.It's as if it makes the real world a little less scary. I've always been drawn to more ''dark'' topics in general though,even as a child *shrugs*.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

Heyooo! Welcome!
Storm

Post by Storm »

Adagio wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:16 pm Heyooo! Welcome!
Thanks for the welcome Adagio.
OhPossum

Post by OhPossum »

Storm wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:22 pm I love going for long walks and spending time in nature.
I love hiking when I can, what I'd really like to do is go on a multi-day trip, preferably through a forest.
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)

Post by Faanvolla »

Hello, welcome to the forum!

Hope you enjoy your time here :D
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Storm

Post by Storm »

Faanvolla wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:46 pm Hello, welcome to the forum!

Hope you enjoy your time here :D
Thank you!
Storm

Post by Storm »

OhPossum wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:34 pm
Storm wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:22 pm I love going for long walks and spending time in nature.
I love hiking when I can, what I'd really like to do is go on a multi-day trip, preferably through a forest.
Hiking is awesome.I have not done any hiking for ages though as I've not been on holiday for a number of years.And most people around me are not all that keen.

Forest settings are the best.Feels like you are in a magical world.

I enjoy spending time in botanical gardens when I can. I also just generally enjoy walking,helps me think.It's a bit like meditation too and I end up finding solutions to all kinds of problems or ideas for new experiences. Exercising in general is something I enjoy. That's also why I try to avoid transport and end up walking to places when able.
I've been doing all of this on my own though nowadays so I'm wondering whether I would involve someone else.But not sure.I'm so used to doing things without others difficult to know what I would prefer.