Salutations!

Come in and introduce yourself! Don't be shy now. We don't bite. Expect a few licks though...
Nasheera

Salutations!

Post by Nasheera »

Hi all!

For those who remember me, uhm, hi again! I hope that everyone is well and that this year has been treating everyone nicely.
A quick update on my life for no reason - I matriculated a while back and am currently in my 2nd year of film school, whoopee! I do some work with horses on the side, guiding tour groups along the beach and through the bush. Life is good, albeit quite stressful a vast majority of the time.
I missed this place quite a bit and thought it due time to have a browse on the forum once more. Talk soon!

- Nash
Galahad
Region: Gauteng

Re: Salutations!

Post by Galahad »

I guess furries really are just like boomerangs - no matter how far you throw them (or they throw themselves), they always seem to come back. :P

Welcome back, Nash! It's been quite a while, and it's fantastic to see you again. Sounds like you've been quite busy, too. Congratulations on getting admitted into film school - guessing that's a big stride towards your dream job? How is it going? And are you still doing art like you used to? :) You were hellishly talented.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

The name is certainly familiar. Welcome back.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Eyyy! Nasheera! It HAS been a while! Welcome back!
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

Galahad wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:12 pm I guess furries really are just like boomerangs - no matter how far you throw them (or they throw themselves), they always seem to come back. :P

Welcome back, Nash! It's been quite a while, and it's fantastic to see you again. Sounds like you've been quite busy, too. Congratulations on getting admitted into film school - guessing that's a big stride towards your dream job? How is it going? And are you still doing art like you used to? :) You were hellishly talented.
Definitely. The community is something unlike anything I've come across and I've grown to love it. There is a comfort in being part of it.

Thank you! I'm glad to be on the road to a degree, it just makes getting out of SA a heck lot easier! I'm majoring in cinematography and colour grading, which is fun. I love the practicality of it. Unfortunately I haven't done anything arty for many years, and whenever I decide to doodle, I'm always disappointed in how my skill has deteriorated. It's nothing that can't be picked up again though, just waiting for the right time! I appreciate the compliment :)
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

Heya Nash!! Welcome back!!
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

Horseys! Where do you guide!!! If you say near wild coast i'll scream because it's so beautiful there. well actually all the coast is pretty. much jelly. so jelly :P
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

Welcome back, Nasheera!
It's good to see you around. :3
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Nasheera

Post by Nasheera »

I'm surprised that so many people remember me, or even knew I've been offline for a while :lol: Thank you all for such a lovely welcome.
Raven Song wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:54 pm Horseys! Where do you guide!!! If you say near wild coast i'll scream because it's so beautiful there. well actually all the coast is pretty. much jelly. so jelly :P
Duuude! I do a bit of guiding in Toti and Giba Gorge. Unfortunately I stay a bit too far from the wild coast. I booked to go on an outride there a while back, but when I pithed up, the stables were deserted. I was so confused. Turns out, the stable yard I booked at was 2 hours away from the one I was at! It was a major brainfart moment XD
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Nasheera wrote:I'm surprised that so many people remember me, or even knew I've been offline for a while.
10 bucks says it's the hair-do. ;)
Nasheera wrote:Thank you! I'm glad to be on the road to a degree, it just makes getting out of SA a heck lot easier! I'm majoring in cinematography and colour grading, which is fun. I love the practicality of it. Unfortunately I haven't done anything arty for many years, and whenever I decide to doodle, I'm always disappointed in how my skill has deteriorated. It's nothing that can't be picked up again though, just waiting for the right time! I appreciate the compliment
You also looking for fortunes on different shores, huh? Yeah, while there are some redeeming factors, many parts of this country are a dumpster fire so I don't blame you. But more than that, there is something alluring about travelling or emigrating. Sounds like you have big plans, though! How many years until I see you at the Academy Awards? :P