Greetings!

Come in and introduce yourself! Don't be shy now. We don't bite. Expect a few licks though...
Arentor Iceshine
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Arctic Fox
Region: Gauteng

Greetings!

Post by Arentor Iceshine »

Hi All!
My name is Arentor Iceshine and I'm a gay Indian furry (what a mouthful lol). I've recently just stumbled across this forum and it's great to know that there is a community in South Africa!
I'm a chartered accountant by trade. I enjoy gaming and have been quite involved in the MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV on the Zodiark server. I also like anime and series too and am a fan of MLP (Any fellow bronies here?).
I sometimes dabble in poetry and on the art side, I cannot draw to save my life!
It's a pleasure to meet you all!
elysium
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Emperor Penguin

Re: Greetings!

Post by elysium »

Greetings!

Wouldn't necessarily say I'm a "brony" but I have been watching the show consistently since it came out and a friend of mine wouldn't shut up about it haha. Feels a bit weird that the series finale is showing today(!?), bit like the end of an era. Seems to have kinda been the year for things ending.

Anyway, there is a thread for other places you can find the local community, here: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=4160
The forum isn't a very busy place, it seems, but there are a few furries hanging around in the country at least... once you know where to find them.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Hello, Arentor. There's a couple furs here that are into accounting, I believe. Strange.
elysium wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:41 amFeels a bit weird that the series finale is showing today(!?), bit like the end of an era.
I didn't realise we were so close to the end! I haven't caught up. I'm only about half way through the season. I'll have to do quite a bit of watching over the weekend.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Arentor Iceshine

Hi Elysium
elysium wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:41 am Wouldn't necessarily say I'm a "brony" but I have been watching the show consistently since it came out and a friend of mine wouldn't shut up about it haha. Feels a bit weird that the series finale is showing today(!?), bit like the end of an era. Seems to have kinda been the year for things ending.
Always nice to meet other fans though! I can't believe it's been 9 years! Truly amazing.
elysium wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:41 am Anyway, there is a thread for other places you can find the local community, here: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=4160
The forum isn't a very busy place, it seems, but there are a few furries hanging around in the country at least... once you know where to find them.
Thanks for the link, much appreciated!

Hi Rakuen!

Thanks for the welcome!
Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:21 am I didn't realise we were so close to the end! I haven't caught up. I'm only about half way through the season. I'll have to do quite a bit of watching over the weekend.
Yeah, it's exciting, but also saddening. It's been a good run though.
Last edited by Rakuen Growlithe on Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged multiple posts.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Oh snap, a fellow CA! Hello Arentor and welcome to the fandom! :P

With gaming, anime, and series as interests, you are bound to find a lot in common with many of the local furs.

As Elysium eluded, a lot of the action takes place on Telegram and Discord, although I feel he underplayed just how many of us there are: there's a surprising number of us split between different groups and platforms. Telegram is probably the more popular platform at the moment, and fuzzbutts is probably the most popular group on Telegram, so that would be a good place to start!

Anyway, cheers, I hope you enjoy your stay and find many friends here! :)
Hahaha! :lol:
Arentor Iceshine

Thanks so much, Ryall!
Always good to meet a fellow accountant!
I'll be sure to check the Telegram out.
Cheers! :D
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

Hello and welcome! ^.^
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

I pretend to be a brony when it suits me... I have a ponysona but sadly I'm not as clued up on the show and movie as I should be... But one day I shall return to Suff Efrica and meet you and you can fill me on stuff!!!
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso