HELLLLOOOOO!!!!!

Come in and introduce yourself! Don't be shy now. We don't bite. Expect a few licks though...
Nova_Nibbles
Sexual preference: Other
Species: K9 of some sort, new to this.
Region: Gauteng

HELLLLOOOOO!!!!!

Post by Nova_Nibbles »

So like hi and stuff! My name is Nova_Nibbles or just Nova for short. I'm very, very new to everything that is Furry, in fact my better half who is around here somewhere (he's shy) was the one who actually showed me what it was all about and I'm just totally in love and obsessed now, it's actually pretty bad :lol:

So him being shy and not wanting to express himself alone and me living under a rock or something because I didn't know what a furry was until a couple of month ago, are very new and still finding our way around. Help and or tips on anything would be awesome!

Can't wait to get my furrrr on :D
"If you don't ask the answer will always be no" :P
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Re: HELLLLOOOOO!!!!!

Post by Contrast »

Greetings, and welcome to the forum!
I love anime, too! If you're a fan of neko's and chibis, then I recommend "Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari". No neko's, but it does have a cute tanuki and it's really sweet and heartwarming. Gives off an "Usagi Drop" kind of vibe.

Another good anime that has both chibi characters and kemono elements is "Made in Abyss". Stunning anime. It can get pretty heavy, though, so be prepared if you decide to watch it.

"Kemono Friends" is chock-full of neko characters, but you've probably seen that one already. I liked it okay, but I was always more interested in the lore and the backstory than what was actually happening onscreen, which became a big turn-off after a while. "I don't care about your stupid curry, just tell me what happened to this godforsaken world!" is what I would always shout at the screen. :P

But if you prefer your neko/monster/kemono characters to be more on the raunchy side, "Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou" is a must-watch. I'm still hoping and waiting on a second season. One day, perhaps...

One day...

I can think of others with neko's in them, but unfortunately a lot of them are kinda trash, and only use the "cat-ears-and-tail" trope as a shallow aesthetic to pander to a certain crowd, rather than having it be relevant to the plot, which is a real shame.

But on a positive note, "Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san" is getting an anime next year, which I'm really looking forward to! :D
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Nova_Nibbles

Post by Nova_Nibbles »

Hey, thanks so much I'll have a look at all of it! The Kemono friends sounds awesome! Heavy is always good so no issue there :D
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

No prob. :)

The funny thing about Kemono Friends is that it started out as a promotional gimmick for a shitty mobile game, so everybody was shocked (none more so than the creators) when it exploded in popularity. It's even funnier because the whole thing had almost no budget whatsoever, so it was just these really crappy low-budget CGI characters suddenly competing directly against the likes of "Houseki no Kuni" and "Made in Abyss". :lol:

And speaking of Made in Abyss, it's absolutely gorgeous! The art, the animation, the music, the story, the attention to detail, everything about is just exemplary. Easily one of my favourite anime of all time, right up there with Steins;Gate and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
Nova_Nibbles

Post by Nova_Nibbles »

FMA as a whole would have to be my all time favorite without a doubt. Made in Abyss was absolutely amazing, I agree. Watching some light hearted stuff at the moment and am quite enjoying Black Butler, it's quite awesome :D

I really don't mind if they aren't all that amazing looking as long as the story line grabs me. If it looks incredibly beautiful but is completely shit when it comes to the story and the characters I won't enjoy it rather.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Nova_Nibbles wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:32 pm FMA as a whole would have to be my all time favorite without a doubt.
OMG, I know right!? Such a good all-rounder! The characters, their relationships, the setting, the action, the music! The emotion behind all the crucial plot developments, driving the story forward... I swear, I CANNOT watch through FMA without crying like a little bitch at least three separate times. :P
Nova_Nibbles wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:32 pmMade in Abyss was absolutely amazing, I agree.
I adore Nanachi in that. Such a strong character. To go through so much and still find a way to keep going, that pretty much personifies the entire spirit of that anime, in my humble opinion. Not to take anything away from Reg and Riko, though. I particularly love how dependent they are on each other, which creates a really nice relationship between them. Riko has all the knowledge of the Abyss, whereas Reg knows next to nothing because of his amnesia. Reg, on the other hand, is a powerful fighter and Riko wholly relies on him for her survival. They genuinely NEED each other to accomplish their goals, and that is something you don't always find in other adventure type anime out there, where some characters really are no more than talking baggage.
Nova_Nibbles wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:32 pmBlack Butler
Haven't watched that one yet, but I've heard it's quite good. Maybe I'll give it a try once I'm done with my current batch. :)
Right now I'm slowly working my way through Seven Deadly Sins. Lots of fantasy, magic, action, and a cute giantess. Really liking it so far. :mrgreen:
Nova_Nibbles wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:32 pm I really don't mind if they aren't all that amazing looking as long as the story line grabs me. If it looks incredibly beautiful but is completely shit when it comes to the story and the characters I won't enjoy it rather.
I completely agree. Some anime out there have breathtaking visuals and eye-ball 'sploding animation, but the story is what drives everything, and if the story is shallow or boring, and the characters don't resonate, then it won't have any staying power. I usually get bored of anime like that after the second or third episode, and then go on to look for something else.

The opposite can be true, as well. Some anime look really ugly or simplistic, but the story by itself is strong enough to carry it through. In some cases a good story can even transform an off-putting art style into something endearing. A good example of this is the Korean series of short films "There She Is" (I highly recommend this one, too, btw). A very simple art style, but the story is so good and so expertly told that it totally makes up for that.

Another great example of this is the manga, "Dorohedoro". The first time I read it I thought the art was absolutely hideous. It looked more like a bunch of rough sketches rather than a finished product, but the more I read it, the more the art style came to fit the tone of the story. Dorohedoro is a dark, grungy, gritty story full of lizard-men biting people's heads off and giant cockroaches wearing sneakers, and the rough, sketch-like quality of the art helped to accentuate that.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Contrast wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:40 pm
Nova_Nibbles wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:32 pmBlack Butler
Haven't watched that one yet, but I've heard it's quite good. Maybe I'll give it a try once I'm done with my current batch. :)
It's a dark yet silly, tongue-in-cheek coming-of-age story with a bit of ecchi thrown in. I quite enjoyed it.
Nova_Nibbles

Post by Nova_Nibbles »

Now that it's the holidays I'll be spending a lot of the next two weeks working my way through a couple of different ones. Me and the Mr are going to binge quite a but :D
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Post by Trace »

Welcome!
I hope you enjoy your time here.
Agreed, FMA is awesome. If you don't mind it being rather depressing, Wolf's Rain is a series I would also highly recommend.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
superlegend
Species: Hyena
Region: Freestate

Post by superlegend »

Hey! Welcome! HOw's it going? :-D
Where one movement ends
The next one begins
Nova_Nibbles

Post by Nova_Nibbles »

Hey, hey :) Wolf's Rain, totally awesome, agree worth the watch for sure!

Thank you for the welcome Superlegend! It's going well thanks.

Hope everyone had an amazing Christmas, wishes to everyone and big hugs :D
Kievvu
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Post by Kievvu »

Heya welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here.
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944
Asbjorn-phoenix
Papa Bear
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: FireBear - Bear Phoenix hybrid

Post by Asbjorn-phoenix »

Hi and welcome.
I was also born under a rock. I had never heard of the furry fandom before I met my ex, been 7 and still going strong in the fandom.
Hope you enjoy your time here, and take time to get to know the girls and guys, they all make the fandom worth it.
If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear,
if you've something to hide you shouldn't be here.