Warm-spirited, Cold-blooded

Come in and introduce yourself! Don't be shy now. We don't bite. Expect a few licks though...
HiddenAnkh
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Nile Crocodile
Region: Western Cape

Warm-spirited, Cold-blooded

Post by HiddenAnkh »

Me in Short
Hidden Ankh's a really terrible name to call someone every time. So is Ankh. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue so much as drip.

If you ever actually want to say my name just call me "An," or "Anne." It'll really be much easier for you.

Anyway, you'll be wondering what the hell sort of name is, "Hidden Ankh," and what the hell sort of a person I am. I have to say it's a really stupid name, but I came up with it a long enough time ago to have it be too nostalgic to change,and enough time to realise how stupid it is. That being said, let me break the name down for you since the name is a bit telling as to who I am:

Firstly, I'm a private person. I don't like sharing too many details of myself unless I'm close enough with them, hence the, "Hidden," in my name. The latter part of the name you'll probably guess where it's from and why I put it there. I like Egypt. Historically, geographically, etc. In short that's a fairly accurate description of me. Likes history; private.

Me in Long
I'll start off by saying: I'm nineteen, pansexual and a male (if you believe in the whole gender thing, I honestly don't mind what people call me) I love animals (As we all do here I imagine). I'm a huge nerd, with a passion for fantasy and sci-fi. Particularly fantasy. I live in the Western Cape and study at [removed]. I'm nineteen years old, and I've been on the outskirts of the fandom for quite some time, since I'm not much of a 'huge furry.' If anything I'd more-so describe myself as a 'fringe scaly.' I don't particularly feel that the whole fur suiting thing or wearing furry ears is for me (After all, crocodiles don't have external ears like that). That being said I'm in no way against it, in fact I find it really amazing that people can express themselves in that way, and I hold nothing against it or the people who do it!

My writing might lead you to think otherwise but I really am a super friendly, cuddly (Love giving massages), bubbly, and most important of all: Happy person when you speak to me, either text or in person! I'm super optimistic, and I'm all about giving myself to the people I'm talking or spending time with. Good vibes and all of that!

I enjoy quite a few things, but to sum a few interests of mine up in no particular order: Art(I did a lil' sketch of me/my fursona, which I will attach below), reading, writing (Looking forward to getting into some roleplay on the forums), gaming (Restarted playing WoW on Argent Dawn), cooking, exercising.

^My art

~An

P.S Sorry for making my post a lousy 3 months after joining. Life's been busy!
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Re: Warm-spirited, Cold-blooded

Post by Trace »

Welcome to the forums!
Actually, I really like your name. :3 I've always liked history myself, and have had a fascination with Ancient Egypt for sure. Ankhs are really cool, and fit well with you being a crocodile.
I really like your picture. ^.^ Do you have any more art that you can share? I'd love to see it.
What are some of your favourite books and authors?
I hope that you enjoy your time here!
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Greetings, and welcome to the forum. :)
Your name in combination with your sona instantly made me think of Bea from NITW. :P

Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Kievvu
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Post by Kievvu »

well hello there
i gotta say i saw your name and immediately went "that sounds so familiar" but i can't seem to place it.
anyways welcome
and apologies for my lack of caps, that key is broken and i can't be bothered to keep pressing shift.
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944
HiddenAnkh

Post by HiddenAnkh »

Trace wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:52 am Welcome to the forums!
Actually, I really like your name. :3 I've always liked history myself, and have had a fascination with Ancient Egypt for sure. Ankhs are really cool, and fit well with you being a crocodile.
I really like your picture. ^.^ Do you have any more art that you can share? I'd love to see it.
What are some of your favourite books and authors?
I hope that you enjoy your time here!
Thank you so much! I still think it's just a lil' silly, and I've grown quite happy with just An! And Ankh's and Nile Crocodiles go together like beans on toast!
I'll slowly be drip-feeding some art onto the forums. I'll only really be sharing furry-related art. For now at least.
Authors? Well, I've been real obsessed with Lord of The Rings for quite a while! So, Tolkien goes without saying, and then I have a few books by some other authors that are basically referencing material for Lord of The Rings, to understand names, maps and etc. Karyn Wynn Miller or... Something, is the author of this really good "Atlas of Middle Earth" or a similar title!

Thank you!
Contrast wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:41 am Greetings, and welcome to the forum. :)
Your name in combination with your sona instantly made me think of Bea from NITW. :P

Heyo! Thank ya'!
Hah, Bea looks pretty dang sweet~ Never played NITW tho tbh!
Kievvu wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:46 am well hello there
i gotta say i saw your name and immediately went "that sounds so familiar" but i can't seem to place it.
anyways welcome
and apologies for my lack of caps, that key is broken and i can't be bothered to keep pressing shift.
Heyo! Thanks for the welcome, and to be honest I couldn't tell you where you might've heard the name before!
I really don't know you'd have seen it before! Maybe an RP forum or something?
Galahad
Region: Gauteng

Post by Galahad »

Well, you seem to be an extraordinarily interesting fellow! And our first nile crocodile, though I might be mistaken.

Hello there, Ankh! It's not that hard to pronounce, though I guess I can understand why having to call you that might make some...

Ankh-ry.

... No standing ovation for that one? Fair enough. No, put away those rotten tomatoes!

I am Galahad, your friendly neighbourhood Utahraptor and Jurassic World escapee. :D It is always wonderful to see a new face. You mentioned you do writing and art. Do you have any accounts or profiles (DeviantArt, SoFurry, FurAffinity, WattPad etc.) where you display these? Your profile picture is fantastically well-drawn, so kudos to you! I'd love to see more.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

I wear an Ankh pendant IRL. Long story. :P

Welcome!
HiddenAnkh

Post by HiddenAnkh »

OOF. I been gone for a while! I've been super busy and I've not been on the forums at all since I've joined, apart from the occasional(ly often) lurking.

I should be more active now! That and I just got Telegram so as to be able to talk with y'all on there, since I noticed there's a telegram or whatsapp group or something for The Western Cape?

Anyway I'd appreciate an invite to The Western Cape telegram (I don't know how to get there otherwise) My tag's @h_ankh (No you can't call me Hank). P.S Any Fur is welcome to add me!

Forum's just tend to confuse me what with all the threads and things. Real distracting and I just don't know where I'd start.

Look forward to talking to y'all!
Kievvu
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Post by Kievvu »

That tag doesn't bring you up when I search, just two random other people with different tags
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944
HiddenAnkh

Post by HiddenAnkh »

Corrected!