"Rawr!" New scaly one saying hi!

Come in and introduce yourself! Don't be shy now. We don't bite. Expect a few licks though...
Drane
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Blue Dragon
Region: Gauteng

"Rawr!" New scaly one saying hi!

Post by Drane »

Can's believe I stumbled upon zafur by sheer luck.
Been on FA for a good few years but did not know there was a South African Furry community. ^~^

I just realized I completely skipped the introductory part of this post XD

Hi I am Drane, a big ol blue drake short and simple :P
Last edited by Drane on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Species: Necrobat

Re: "Rawr!" New scaly one saying hi!

Post by Contrast »

Greetings, and welcome to the forum. I see you like anime. What are some of your favourites? ^_^
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Drane

Post by Drane »

Contrast wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:40 pm Greetings, and welcome to the forum. I see you like anime. What are some of your favourites? ^_^
Thanks for the welcome ^~^
My most recent anime fad is OVERLORD but my golden oldies are still Bleach, Fairy Tail, Naruto and really old one, Slayers. .
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Sounds like you've got a thing for shounen anime. :)

I really loved Bleach, too, but only the first few seasons. After that it kinda went downhill, in my opinion. Naruto is excellent as well, but only if you skip all the filler episodes. They really went nuts with filler for Naruto (I think it's something crazy like 45%). I'm glad modern anime has adopted a more seasonal approach, thus cutting the need for filler material.

If you like shounen anime like Bleach and Naruto, you might also like these. :)

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
Boku no Hero Academia (Kishimoto Masashi, creator of Naruto, is a big fan of this one.)
One Punch Man
Mob Psycho 100

These ones are actually closer to seinen than shounen, but they have a high focus on action and violence, so you might like these, too.

Drifters
Hellsing: Ultimate
Shingeki no Kyojin
Elfen Lied (Careful with this one. Lots of nudity and INSANE levels of gore. Like, nightmare-inducing.)

Lastly, I'd also like to recommend Steins;Gate and Made In Abyss. They might not suit your tastes, but they're two of my favourite anime of all time, and I think it's good to try something different every now and then. :)
Drane

Post by Drane »

Contrast wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:20 pm Sounds like you've got a thing for shounen anime. :)

I really loved Bleach, too, but only the first few seasons. After that it kinda went downhill, in my opinion. Naruto is excellent as well, but only if you skip all the filler episodes. They really went nuts with filler for Naruto (I think it's something crazy like 45%). I'm glad modern anime has adopted a more seasonal approach, thus cutting the need for filler material.

If you like shounen anime like Bleach and Naruto, you might also like these. :)

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
Boku no Hero Academia (Kishimoto Masashi, creator of Naruto, is a big fan of this one.)
One Punch Man
Mob Psycho 100

These ones are actually closer to seinen than shounen, but they have a high focus on action and violence, so you might like these, too.

Drifters
Hellsing: Ultimate
Shingeki no Kyojin
Elfen Lied (Careful with this one. Lots of nudity and INSANE levels of gore. Like, nightmare-inducing.)

Lastly, I'd also like to recommend Steins;Gate and Made In Abyss. They might not suit your tastes, but they're two of my favourite anime of all time, and I think it's good to try something different every now and then. :)
Thanks for the info but i have seen all of those already XD
FMA is a big fav too, both the original and the remake.
Getting impatient with the wait for Boku no Hero Academia to continue.

I got steins gate. really confusing that one. Needs a few re-watches.... well when I finish it that is.

Other new I am enjoying is black clover and The Ancient Magus' Bride.
Others i Have enjoyed are magi, Leeter Bee, Gate, Saga of , Hunter x hunter, Sword art online, Attack on titan, Re:ZERO, Assassination Classroom, KONOSUBA, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Parasyte -the maxim, In Another World With My Smartphone....... the list goes on and on XD
ArtyLoop

Post by ArtyLoop »

Hello Drane *waves paw*
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Loved Re:Zero! But there was that one moment (you probably know which one I mean) that just made me want to punch a hole in my monitor. -_-
Rem is best girl!! <3

I tried to get into Black Clover, but it's like they took every single trope and cliche and tried to cobble it together into something that would theoretically make lots of money, instead of trying to make an actual story. Also, that dude's voice is just... urgh. I want to rip my ears off every time he goes, "YoshaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!" >.<

Magus' Bride started interesting enough for me, but after a while the pacing started to annoy me. I was like, "Finally, we're going to get some action!" and then the next week they just sit around and talk for a bit. After that happened for like, the third time, I lost interest. It's not that I'm only interested in fast paced anime or anything like that, though. I adored Usagi Drop, and that's just a cute little slice-of-life (I highly recommend Usagi Drop if you're looking for something relaxing, btw). There's just something about Magus that got me too impatient and frustrated to enjoy it much. Nice opening theme, though.

Love Attack on Titan. It still amazes me how the art in the anime can be so good when the manga is so HIDEOUS. Have you actually ever read the manga? The art is just really, really bad, and not just in a stylistic way, either (the characters' sizes constantly change in relation to each other, for example). I'm just glad it got an anime adaptation, because the story itself is really, really engaging. Also, the music is phenomenal. The first season's opening? From the very first second it's like BAM! ^_^

I can't wait for the next season of Boku no Hero, either. Most people think Tsuyu or Uraraka is the best girl, but for me it's gotta be Himiko Toga!! Those fangs! The messy hair! That constant blush! The yandere personality! Aaaahh!! I love it all! x3
Attachments
maxresdefault.jpg
Aaron Pictus
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Lycaon Pictus

Post by Aaron Pictus »

Hello there Drane!
A big warm welcome to the local fandom from me ^-^
I hope so far it has been very welcoming as it always is!

Been on FA myself and I have to say it's much more of a family on here :3
Well so I say, what did I learn, what did I learn? I said, oh you learned me the heart. Well your lies will burn in alcohol. To sterilize the perfect parts. Well at least that's a start - ShakeyGraves
Lycaon pictus | Aaron Uldar Pictus | Painted Dog | @AaronUPictus
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Post by Trace »

Hello and welcome!
I hope that you enjoy your time here. ^.^
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Kievvu
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Post by Kievvu »

Hiiii and welcome
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Hello and welcome to the forum, Drane the 'dragaon' [sic]! I can't say I have met any of your species before, but I am guessing your kind are distant relatives of dragons. :P

Regardless, I hope you enjoy your stay, and find many friends here! :D

Looking at your hobbies - hiking, paintballing, gaming, and anime - I would say you'll fit right in!

I see you know the way are a dragon of fine tastes: Overlord, Ancient Magus's Bride, My Hero Academia, and ARK: Survival Evolved are all fantastic things in life. :geek:

I would definitely say that ARK is one of my all time favourites: what server do you play on? I am currently playing on official, Cross ARK 5. If you have a penchant for murder, pillaging, and other fun activities, then you should definitely join me, Obsidian, Aaron, VoxLupus, Leeward, and Dredge on our little tribe! If PvP is not your forte, you are more than welcome to join anyway, and peacefully manufacture bombs, bullets, and chemical weapons inside our peacekeeping fortress. :)

Anyway, I hope to see you around! Cheers!
Hahaha! :lol:
Drane

Post by Drane »

Contrast wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:28 pm Loved Re:Zero! But there was that one moment (you probably know which one I mean) that just made me want to punch a hole in my monitor. -_-
Rem is best girl!! <3

I tried to get into Black Clover, but it's like they took every single trope and cliche and tried to cobble it together into something that would theoretically make lots of money, instead of trying to make an actual story. Also, that dude's voice is just... urgh. I want to rip my ears off every time he goes, "YoshaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!" >.<

Magus' Bride started interesting enough for me, but after a while the pacing started to annoy me. I was like, "Finally, we're going to get some action!" and then the next week they just sit around and talk for a bit. After that happened for like, the third time, I lost interest. It's not that I'm only interested in fast paced anime or anything like that, though. I adored Usagi Drop, and that's just a cute little slice-of-life (I highly recommend Usagi Drop if you're looking for something relaxing, btw). There's just something about Magus that got me too impatient and frustrated to enjoy it much. Nice opening theme, though.

Love Attack on Titan. It still amazes me how the art in the anime can be so good when the manga is so HIDEOUS. Have you actually ever read the manga? The art is just really, really bad, and not just in a stylistic way, either (the characters' sizes constantly change in relation to each other, for example). I'm just glad it got an anime adaptation, because the story itself is really, really engaging. Also, the music is phenomenal. The first season's opening? From the very first second it's like BAM! ^_^

I can't wait for the next season of Boku no Hero, either. Most people think Tsuyu or Uraraka is the best girl, but for me it's gotta be Himiko Toga!! Those fangs! The messy hair! That constant blush! The yandere personality! Aaaahh!! I love it all! x3
Think may need to 'rewatch Re:zero to remember this moment of which you sleep and a total aggre with you on Rem XD

It took me a while to get past the constant screaming to get some actual story development and so far I am glad I stuck through it

Magus bride I find is an anime left to being watched once in a while not consecutively. Use it to replace and enjoy a gentil slow paced anime. Have not seen Usagi Drop but I will give it a try.

I love attack on titan but the way season 2 just stoped mid way was kinda upsetting and no I have not read the anime. The black and white kinda gets to me after a while. I like the world to be coulorfull.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Drane wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:20 pmThink may need to 'rewatch Re:zero to remember this moment of which you sleep and a total aggre with you on Rem XD
Major spoiler for Re:Zero, to those of you who haven't watched it yet:
Spoiler
I'm talking about that part where Rem drags Subaru out of the pool of self-pity he's been wallowing in and confesses her love in one of the most beautiful speeches I've ever heard, where she talks about the future she and Subaru could have together, with their little house and their kids, and she gives him this beautiful smile with tears in her eyes, and what does he do? He says, "I love Emilia." Grrrraaaargh!!! I went absolutely batshit! Nearly threw my laptop right out the window! Frikkin asshole... -_-
Drane wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:20 pm Use it to replace and enjoy a gentil slow paced anime. Have not seen Usagi Drop but I will give it a try.
Usagi Drop really is great if you just want to switch off and watch something that'll make you smile. Another anime of the slow, gentle variety you might like is Silver Spoon, by Arakawa Hiromu, the same mangaka who made Fullmetal Alchemist. :)
Drane wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:20 pm I love attack on titan but the way season 2 just stoped mid way was kinda upsetting and no I have not read the anime. The black and white kinda gets to me after a while. I like the world to be coulorfull.
Yeah, it was pretty abrupt, and it took such a long time for the 2nd season to come out, too. But I'd still prefer a few years of waiting, rather than having a bunch of filler seasons gumming up the works.

I love to read manga, though. If there's an anime, then of course I'd rather watch that, but there are so many great stories out there that don't have an anime adaptation, and probably never will. Stories like "Pandemonium", "The Knight of Flower, Dakini", "Dorohedoro", "Gleipnir", "Totsukuni no Shoujo", "Niehime to Kemono no Ou", "Youkai Shoujo" and a hundred others. ^_^
Drane

Post by Drane »

Contrast wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:05 pm
Drane wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:20 pmThink may need to 'rewatch Re:zero to remember this moment of which you sleep and a total aggre with you on Rem XD
Major spoiler for Re:Zero, to those of you who haven't watched it yet:
Spoiler
I'm talking about that part where Rem drags Subaru out of the pool of self-pity he's been wallowing in and confesses her love in one of the most beautiful speeches I've ever heard, where she talks about the future she and Subaru could have together, with their little house and their kids, and she gives him this beautiful smile with tears in her eyes, and what does he do? He says, "I love Emilia." Grrrraaaargh!!! I went absolutely batshit! Nearly threw my laptop right out the window! Frikkin asshole... -_-
Drane wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:20 pm Use it to replace and enjoy a gentil slow paced anime. Have not seen Usagi Drop but I will give it a try.
Usagi Drop really is great if you just want to switch off and watch something that'll make you smile. Another anime of the slow, gentle variety you might like is Silver Spoon, by Arakawa Hiromu, the same mangaka who made Fullmetal Alchemist. :)
Drane wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:20 pm I love attack on titan but the way season 2 just stoped mid way was kinda upsetting and no I have not read the anime. The black and white kinda gets to me after a while. I like the world to be coulorfull.
Yeah, it was pretty abrupt, and it took such a long time for the 2nd season to come out, too. But I'd still prefer a few years of waiting, rather than having a bunch of filler seasons gumming up the works.

I love to read manga, though. If there's an anime, then of course I'd rather watch that, but there are so many great stories out there that don't have an anime adaptation, and probably never will. Stories like "Pandemonium", "The Knight of Flower, Dakini", "Dorohedoro", "Gleipnir", "Totsukuni no Shoujo", "Niehime to Kemono no Ou", "Youkai Shoujo" and a hundred others. ^_^
WOW...... I seriously need to re-watch it..... I don't remember that.... 0.0

Will give those chilled anime a try. Have not seen em.
Drane

Post by Drane »

Thanks for all the welcomes ^~^
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

I am trying to think of a good pun, but all my best ideas...

Have gone down the Drane! :P

Hello and welcome to the forum, Drane. I am Galahad, the local natural history museum escapee and Jurassic World dinosaur stunt double. I'm also a community representative, which means if you have any questions about the local community or want to contact the staff about a specific issue, feel free to send me a PM. :)

I hope you enjoy your stay here. There are many amazing people here, and I'm sure you'll fit right in.
Jake Dane
Species: 98% Canine 2% Dragon

Post by Jake Dane »

Welcome New scaly one
Furaffrinity: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/JakeDane-ZA
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JakeDaneSA
Telegram: @Jakedane

Live crazy, live in the now, live for now :)
Stay NAUGHTY :D
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

Hey there, welcome to the forum!
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Foxy Fluff
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay
Species: Fox

Post by Foxy Fluff »

Hi there Scaly one.

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you enjoy your stay here