Greetings my fellow aminal people

Come in and introduce yourself! Don't be shy now. We don't bite. Expect a few licks though...
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

Re: Greetings my fellow aminal people

Post by Adagio »

Cape_F0X wrote:String theory
Attachments
tmp_16164-Screenshot_2017-02-11-06-43-311618896216.jpg
Vulpest
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Umbreon
Region: Western Cape

Post by Vulpest »

Cape_F0X wrote:
That's what you think. There will be something you two disagree on. And then the Fur will fly.

BTW, what is your view on Food, String Theory and Hunting? Just curious... :twisted:
I have disagreements with my friends all the time, but we're still friends.
Food? String theory? HUNTING!? Well, hunting and food is related I suppose. Despite being an umbreon I'm a herbivore and you won't catch me eating any meat besides fish. I'd never be able to shoot an animal just for the fun of it, I can't imagine how anyone would want to do that ever.
:? As for string theory, I don't know enough about it to have an opinion, sorry.
Adagio wrote:
Yup, my thoughts exactly.
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Species: Vulpes chama

Post by Cape_F0X »

This guy has outstanding character. Can we keep him? Please!!!
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

Vulpest wrote:
Cape_F0X wrote:
That's what you think. There will be something you two disagree on. And then the Fur will fly.

BTW, what is your view on Food, String Theory and Hunting? Just curious... :twisted:
I have disagreements with my friends all the time, but we're still friends.
Food? String theory? HUNTING!? Well, hunting and food is related I suppose. Despite being an umbreon I'm a herbivore and you won't catch me eating any meat besides fish. I'd never be able to shoot an animal just for the fun of it, I can't imagine how anyone would want to do that ever.
:? As for string theory, I don't know enough about it to have an opinion, sorry.
Adagio wrote:
Yup, my thoughts exactly.
Eyeug! A veggy and fish guy? Bleh!!
That sounds like a HUGE missedsteak...

Hunting isn't for fun for everyone. Like I refuse to kill something that I cant eat.
Vulpest

Post by Vulpest »

Adagio wrote:
Eyeug! A veggy and fish guy? Bleh!!
That sounds like a HUGE missedsteak...

Hunting isn't for fun for everyone. Like I refuse to kill something that I cant eat.
You could still just buy it from a shop if you really can't live without meat. I suppose there is the taste factor of game but still... Seeing something frolicking happily and freely in nature then ending it abruptly with a loud bang before cutting it's body apart, all just so you can have the taste of its flesh for the duration of its stay in your mouth? seems kind of selfish to me. Can you really reduce the value of life to a quick meal/snack?
I for one can't, but perhaps I'm just squeamish like that.
Cape_F0X wrote:This guy has outstanding character. Can we keep him? Please!!!
:lol: wait till you catch me on a bad day, I can be just as much an A-hole as anyone else.
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Species: Vulpes chama

Post by Cape_F0X »

Vulpest wrote: Seeing something frolicking happily and freely in nature then ending it abruptly with a loud bang before cutting it's body apart, all just so you can have the taste of its flesh for the duration of its stay in your mouth? seems kind of selfish to me. Can you really reduce the value of life to a quick meal/snack?
Of course it sounds bad when you say it like that!
Don't make me feel guilty about last night's pie.
Vulpest

Post by Vulpest »

Cape_F0X wrote: Of course it sounds bad when you say it like that!
Don't make me feel guilty about last night's pie.
But it's basically what it boils down to. you not only murder some poor innocent creature, you also cheat it's environment out of any contributions it was likely to make to it's ecosystem.
;) I'm starting to sound like a preachy hippie. Bare in mind this is just how I feel about this personally, I could never kill things. For food or otherwise, if others don't mind doing that sort of thing then that's their business.
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)

Post by Faanvolla »

Buying it in the store still means they got killed though, and as pointed out in the discussions on it, it might be that the animals bred to eat have horrible lives from birth to death, where the springbok on the farm might have a nice life that ends suddenly (hopefully).

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3838
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3643
Topics 'bout hunting and animals in the food industry if you care about continuing the topic on a serious point (and don't want your intro thread turned into a debate platform :P )
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Vulpest

Post by Vulpest »

Faanvolla wrote:Buying it in the store still means they got killed though, and as pointed out in the discussions on it, it might be that the animals bred to eat have horrible lives from birth to death, where the springbok on the farm might have a nice life that ends suddenly (hopefully).

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3838
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3643
Topics 'bout hunting and animals in the food industry if you care about continuing the topic on a serious point (and don't want your intro thread turned into a debate platform :P )
:lol: I'm just saying, I don't eat meat because I'd feel guilty. I don't think badly of people who eat meat regardless of why they eat it, everyone should do what they feel comfortable doing. I doubt debating it in any serious capacity will ever reach a conclusion since both sides have valid reasons for doing what they do.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Post by Trace »

Vulpest wrote:It's mostly on commission basis :? Sadly I'm only getting my laptop next month so everything is still stuck on a flashdrive. :oops: I'm probably not the best person you can ask when it comes to art, but I'd gladly help you out if you have any questions about storyboards editing and all that productions jazz.
Actually, I'd love to hear about some of that stuff! I've been mostly focusing on the art side of things, but I know there's much more that goes on. So, any advice you might have for getting started would be much appreciated. If you don't want to derail this thread any further, feel free to start a new thread or send me a PM. :3
Vulpest wrote:Despite being an umbreon I'm a herbivore and you won't catch me eating any meat besides fish.
A fellow vegetarian, too! Well now.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Vulpest

Post by Vulpest »

Trace wrote:
Vulpest wrote:It's mostly on commission basis :? Sadly I'm only getting my laptop next month so everything is still stuck on a flashdrive. :oops: I'm probably not the best person you can ask when it comes to art, but I'd gladly help you out if you have any questions about storyboards editing and all that productions jazz.
Actually, I'd love to hear about some of that stuff! I've been mostly focusing on the art side of things, but I know there's much more that goes on. So, any advice you might have for getting started would be much appreciated. If you don't want to derail this thread any further, feel free to start a new thread or send me a PM. :3
Vulpest wrote:Despite being an umbreon I'm a herbivore and you won't catch me eating any meat besides fish.
A fellow vegetarian, too! Well now.
It'd probably have to be sometime next month tough. :( getting my phone charged is a mission at the moment. I'll perhaps do a little "how to" thing on getting a script into a comic and that sort of thing.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Post by Trace »

That sounds awesome to me! And no worries, take whatever time you need. Getting settled is far more important for you right now.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Vulpest wrote: :shock: um, well I'm 28 I draw comics for a living and my friend was strong armed into moving here by his job so being the undaunted best bro I am (aka optimistic idiot) I traipsed along for moral and financial support. I enjoy moonlit strolls on the beach and... :P Just kidding, I like music gaming animé and all that normal stuff. Been out of the gaming circuit for a wile so I can't really call myself a gamer. No DS but on Pokémon GO I caught an eevee in my sleeping bag once. Nah, it's just hard to answer them all using my phone (much scrolling)
:lol: don't forget the Turkish baths! I was desperate for a shower and ended up paying R70 for NOT showering there :o an enormous jiglypuff hoged the only cubicle with its orgy of matchop. When it tried using attract on me I used my NOPE to escape the cave.
:D Oh I plan to, it's great to talk to local furs.
Hi Vulpest, sorry for taking so long to get back to you! I haven't had much time for the forums lately.

Hahahaha! :lol: Glad you were able to escape the Jigglypuff and Matchops. Next time, use repel. ;)

I hope you are not still living in that car of yours? How are you and the puppy doing?
Hahaha! :lol:
FurnixWolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: a Thibrid Wolf, Dragon, Husky
Region: Limpopo and Mpumalanga

Post by FurnixWolf »

Good evening.. I know im a little bit late but welcome and hope your having fun here.. offers cookies
Offers a hug and cookies.. Giggles..

MY WEBSITE LINK : FURNIXWOLF
MY FACEBOOK LINK : FURRBOOK
MY FUR AFFINITY LINK : FUR AFFINITY
I do have telegram
Twitter : @FURNIXWOLF
ORIGIN : FURNIXWOLF
STEAM : FURNIXWOLF[/color]