Enter The Dragon

Come in and introduce yourself! Don't be shy now. We don't bite. Expect a few licks though...
CyntheWightRabbit

Re: Enter The Dragon

Post by CyntheWightRabbit »

Ventus Fall wrote: Perhaps asking if it made sense was not the right way to ask, but as long as you understand, then I have gotten my message across :D
Well, I accept that I'm a human being. I have a human body, afterall. (Unlike most Therians, I feel. Nothing against Therians! D: I mean that I've noticed a lot of Therians think or feel they are actual animals.)
The soul can have many shapes and forms. While not a physical thing, everyone has a soul. For some reason I associate myself as more a dragon or a dinosaur (soulwise) than as a human being. It's hard to elaborate, but I've grown up with being surrounded by dinosaurs and dragons. I loved those things as a kid (even still today :P), even got a huge book on dinosaurs from my Grandad. A book which I've been looking in every time for years when I was visiting him.
I've also done a lot of meditating (part of the process when doing the two martial arts I've done in the past). I've learned from a young age to do so (at seven or something). A lot of researching, etc. It all came to a conclusion after so many years.
It just felt right, a certain connection I felt when I associated myself as a dragon.

Knowing I'm a human being, but accepting this as well as accepting I can feel different, makes it a lot calmer and easier for me :)

As for regards to having more than one fursona: I've always had difficult keeping just to one character or persona. I have many side which all make a whole, which is me. Ventus Fall is the one I use the most. It's how I entered the fandom, it's how most people know me as.
That, and Ventus represents my art side. Each fursona represents a certain thing or category.
Suirrel = Coding and computers.
Velcro = Usually a character I use for 'couple characters', it's hard to explain, especially because I'm currently redesigning her.
Solus = My love for psychology, space, scifi, aliens, etc. (and bunnies)
ITO? Ito is a hard case, he usually represents my gaming side, as well as my gender-fluid side (but this last thing also is with regards to Solus).

Mostly... It's hard for me to roleplay as my fursonas. I usually tend to create new characters, or already existing ones which aren't my fursonas. When I 'dress up' as one of my characters, it doesn't feel as roleplaying, but then again, isn't that the magic of roleplay? :P
But whether I roleplay them or not, they are a personification of me. They all represent me, how odd that might sound to some.
(I just can't keep to one, I've tried, trust me! xD)
Hmm. I see.
So would you say those books and being surrounded by that sort of information had an influence on who you are today? And this identity you accustomed?

I suppose I understand where you come from. If I were to compare it to a feeling I have, I suppose its how I feel about my characters I've created. You see, I enjoy writing, and the characters in there all have inherited a part of me. They aren't me, but they are... my children(?), I guess. But it is probably the diet version of your case.

I'd probably be too self conscious to do anything of the sort. I suppose you'd need a certain personality to be able to adopt that role, a certain confidence.
Sarcasm in the lowest form of wit.
Ventus Fall
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Fur Dragon
Region: Other

Post by Ventus Fall »

CyntheWightRabbit wrote: Hmm. I see.
So would you say those books and being surrounded by that sort of information had an influence on who you are today? And this identity you accustomed?

I suppose I understand where you come from. If I were to compare it to a feeling I have, I suppose its how I feel about my characters I've created. You see, I enjoy writing, and the characters in there all have inherited a part of me. They aren't me, but they are... my children(?), I guess. But it is probably the diet version of your case.

I'd probably be too self conscious to do anything of the sort. I suppose you'd need a certain personality to be able to adopt that role, a certain confidence.

It would be hard to say no. It's all the factors combined from my past (and probably genetics as well :P) which make me the person I am today, including the whole furry thing and how I identify myself as. I've also had direct experience with Native Americans and their way of life when on a trip to America as a child. Even though this happened at a very young age, I still remember it very clearly. It's one of the clearest memories I have from when I was so young.
Especially this last half year I've been feeling more drawn to Native American mythology, as well as South American mythology of ancient cultures.
Ever since the trip though, I've had two dreamcatchers, a special type of feather item, and a small totem of a mohawk (this last one is probably just a decoration thing, but the other two things had a function). So I dunno x3

Haha, diet version XD
Well, in a way they are my 'children', they are indeed -as I think we can put it- our creations. We made them.

Haha, I would say I am pretty confident, yes :P
Though I've heard from a lot of suiters they actually aren't all too confident, but by wearing a suit they adopt the personality of that character. In turn, that makes them feel confident (especially if the character is confident).
You can also find me on:
deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Must be a small country like Luxembourg, then. ;)

I'm from SA, although I have French/Belgian roots.
Ventus Fall

Post by Ventus Fall »

Leeward wrote:Must be a small country like Luxembourg, then. ;)

I'm from SA, although I have French/Belgian roots.

Hehe, yes and no xD
It's mostly because if I say where I live, then I'm associated to actually 'be' someone from there. If that makes sense?
Although I'm half British and half Dutch ;D So I associate with both.

Ah, so I saw (I sneaked around on your profile, hope you don't mind), Stellenbosch, correct?
You can also find me on:
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Well that's a weird coincidence, my mate is also half British half Dutch. :shock:

I don't mind at all, that's what my profile is there for. If I didn't want any of that info public I wouldn't have put it there. :P
Ventus Fall

Post by Ventus Fall »

Leeward wrote:Well that's a weird coincidence, my mate is also half British half Dutch. :shock:

I don't mind at all, that's what my profile is there for. If I didn't want any of that info public I wouldn't have put it there. :P
It is creepy, I'm pretty sure you're not my partner, he's from South-Africa as well... Probably in the same area as you >->
And also on this forum...
Nah, just kidding :P

True, I suppose, but still. Best to always ask, just in case x3
You can also find me on:
CyntheWightRabbit

Ventus Fall wrote: It would be hard to say no. It's all the factors combined from my past (and probably genetics as well :P) which make me the person I am today, including the whole furry thing and how I identify myself as. I've also had direct experience with Native Americans and their way of life when on a trip to America as a child. Even though this happened at a very young age, I still remember it very clearly. It's one of the clearest memories I have from when I was so young.
Especially this last half year I've been feeling more drawn to Native American mythology, as well as South American mythology of ancient cultures.
Ever since the trip though, I've had two dreamcatchers, a special type of feather item, and a small totem of a mohawk (this last one is probably just a decoration thing, but the other two things had a function). So I dunno x3

Haha, diet version XD
Well, in a way they are my 'children', they are indeed -as I think we can put it- our creations. We made them.

Haha, I would say I am pretty confident, yes :P
Though I've heard from a lot of suiters they actually aren't all too confident, but by wearing a suit they adopt the personality of that character. In turn, that makes them feel confident (especially if the character is confident).

Hmm. I suppose its like with mostly everybody. Genetics and upbringing make us who we are. I can't necessarily say I understand fully, but I suppose that is for the best. A world made up of similar people would be rather boring.

The ability to be someone-something else for a day is probably tempting for most. I can imagine. But I can't see myself in that position. Its odd, but from what I've seen, that confidence itself seems to 'push' me further away from the idea. I can't necessarily say why.
Ventus Fall

Post by Ventus Fall »

CyntheWightRabbit wrote: Its odd, but from what I've seen, that confidence itself seems to 'push' me further away from the idea. I can't necessarily say why.
To reply to that particular sentence, it's fine if it's not your thing, but I'm glad to read you seem to be very accepting in general ^^
This is -of course- only speculation, but perhaps it pushes you away more, because you don't need a suit to feel confident. Perhaps you're already as confident as you yourself are. 'Pretending' to be confident by wearing a suit might seem as a form of lying to you? Once again, all speculation, but it's just something that came across in my thoughts just now.
So, as in: You don't need to wear a fursuit to be confident. You're fine the way you are ^-^

(Heck, if I was doing it to be confident, I also wouldn't really... like that, if that makes sense? I just do it, because I want to x3)
You can also find me on:
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

Ventus Fall wrote:Hehe, yes and no xD
It's mostly because if I say where I live, then I'm associated to actually 'be' someone from there. If that makes sense?
I get what you mean there... I'll generally tell people that I'm American to make it easier for them, but the question "where are you from?" is often one of the hardest questions for me to answer.
I was born in the US and live in the US currently, but I've spent a large chunk of my life overseas, and so it's always been hard for me to associate myself with any one country.
CyntheWightRabbit wrote:Hmm. I see.

That tends to be one of my favorite things about writing. When you write a character well enough, they somewhat become real. They're a part of you, because you wrote them, but they are also distinct.
I think that a fursona can be kind of different from that though. Figuring out a fursona to me seems more like acknowledging a part of yourself. I'd agree with Ventus Fall. I accept that I am human, but I don't completely associate myself with my humanity.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Ventus Fall

Post by Ventus Fall »

@Trace: Glad you understand x3
Very neat you also have similar thoughts and experiences as well with regards to that subject.

Also happy to hear you agree with me on the fursona part x)
Still, if Humanity means: Caring for others, showing kindness/goodness, etc.,
then I would say I do have humanity. But... in the strictest sense of the word, where it means being human, I agree with you, Trace.
You can also find me on:
CyntheWightRabbit

Ventus Fall wrote: To reply to that particular sentence, it's fine if it's not your thing, but I'm glad to read you seem to be very accepting in general ^^
This is -of course- only speculation, but perhaps it pushes you away more, because you don't need a suit to feel confident. Perhaps you're already as confident as you yourself are. 'Pretending' to be confident by wearing a suit might seem as a form of lying to you? Once again, all speculation, but it's just something that came across in my thoughts just now.
So, as in: You don't need to wear a fursuit to be confident. You're fine the way you are ^-^

(Heck, if I was doing it to be confident, I also wouldn't really... like that, if that makes sense? I just do it, because I want to x3)
I'm of the mind that if you like or do something, that doesn't cause physical or mental harm to others, i.e. anything living, I'll accept it. If it makes you happy, why not? So long as the person doesn't expect me to share their values and tastes and shoves said ideals in my face.

Haha. No. I'm the furthest thing from confident you'll ever see. In some ways I care a little too much about how others see me. But I am... somewhat satisfied with the person I am, and have come to terms with my copious faults.
Trace wrote: That tends to be one of my favorite things about writing. When you write a character well enough, they somewhat become real. They're a part of you, because you wrote them, but they are also distinct.
I think that a fursona can be kind of different from that though. Figuring out a fursona to me seems more like acknowledging a part of yourself. I'd agree with Ventus Fall. I accept that I am human, but I don't completely associate myself with my humanity.
I agree. Though the characters don't necessarily make up the plot or the setting of a story, they are 'technically' the ones who drive it forward. And throughout all those hardships, and events that take place, you get to follow and experience it all with that character. Even though, you're technically controlling what they do and say, it feels more as though you're just watching from the sidelines. If that makes any sense...?

Which is why I didn't say it was exactly the same. Your Fursona is supposes to be you, or a representation of you. Your characters not, even if they take a part of you with them.
Ventus Fall

Post by Ventus Fall »

CyntheWightRabbit wrote: I'm of the mind that if you like or do something, that doesn't cause physical or mental harm to others, i.e. anything living, I'll accept it. If it makes you happy, why not? So long as the person doesn't expect me to share their values and tastes and shoves said ideals in my face.

Haha. No. I'm the furthest thing from confident you'll ever see. In some ways I care a little too much about how others see me. But I am... somewhat satisfied with the person I am, and have come to terms with my copious faults.
Same here with the accepting part ^^

Pff, even confident people care to some degree with others think of them. It's only when they try to become what they think others would want of them that I see that as inconfidence. That's at least how I see it.
If you accept who you are, then it's totally cool :D I would say there is always room to improve for everyone though, but that doesn't take away who you are.

And what you wrote as to reply to what Trace said, it makes sense :)
And while characters indeed do not necessarily represent yourself, I always feel any character I design or come up with is a share representing me. It's something I did create. I do separate fursonas specifically from fursonas, in any case.
You can also find me on:
Echo_W95
Species: Black Wolf
Region: Western Cape

Post by Echo_W95 »

Hello and welcome, new furson ^^
Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way.
Telegram: @Echo_w95
Ventus Fall

Post by Ventus Fall »

Hi there, Echo_W95!
Thanks for the welcome :D
You can also find me on:
CyntheWightRabbit

Ventus Fall wrote: Same here with the accepting part ^^

Pff, even confident people care to some degree with others think of them. It's only when they try to become what they think others would want of them that I see that as inconfidence. That's at least how I see it.
If you accept who you are, then it's totally cool :D I would say there is always room to improve for everyone though, but that doesn't take away who you are.

And what you wrote as to reply to what Trace said, it makes sense :)
And while characters indeed do not necessarily represent yourself, I always feel any character I design or come up with is a share representing me. It's something I did create. I do separate fursonas specifically from fursonas, in any case.
I made myself come across as somewhat arrogant in that statement. Weird for me... either way, I think you should always try to better yourself, but that doesn't mean that during the process you must dislike yourself.

Yeah. Which is why I do feel rather annoyed when people say that they can do with a character what they want to. (This to already made ones from some or other show or comic.) Especially when the creator has shown that tjey dislike what's being done. Sure, I know that since its out to the public, its inevitable, but still... if it were my characters, those parts of me they were using, I'd feel bad too.

Of course the internet is the internet.
Galahad
Region: Gauteng

Post by Galahad »

Good day and welcome to the forum, Ventus. ;)

I am Galahad - the resident English dinosaur (referring to my species, not age; I am still quite young and spritely.) It is always wonderful to see another face here, and even more intriguing in that the new face is one from abroad! I see that you are currently engaged in conversation with several people in this thread, and so I shall not add to the confusion by asking you to respond to much of my message. :P Nonetheless, I do hope to see you around and perhaps even have a proper conversation from time to time. It would seem you have already settled in nicely.
Ventus Fall

Post by Ventus Fall »

CyntheWightRabbit wrote:I made myself come across as somewhat arrogant in that statement. Weird for me... either way, I think you should always try to better yourself, but that doesn't mean that during the process you must dislike yourself.

Yeah. Which is why I do feel rather annoyed when people say that they can do with a character what they want to. (This to already made ones from some or other show or comic.) Especially when the creator has shown that tjey dislike what's being done. Sure, I know that since its out to the public, its inevitable, but still... if it were my characters, those parts of me they were using, I'd feel bad too.

Of course the internet is the internet.
I don't think you are or were particularly arrogant, no worries :)
Yes, I'd feel bad indeed if anyone would 'steal' my characters. There are so many things you can come up with, and then they resort to stealing characters. It's not right.

Galahad wrote:Good day and welcome to the forum, Ventus. ;)

I am Galahad - the resident English dinosaur (referring to my species, not age; I am still quite young and spritely.) It is always wonderful to see another face here, and even more intriguing in that the new face is one from abroad! I see that you are currently engaged in conversation with several people in this thread, and so I shall not add to the confusion by asking you to respond to much of my message. :P Nonetheless, I do hope to see you around and perhaps even have a proper conversation from time to time. It would seem you have already settled in nicely.
Good day, Galahad, thanks for the welcome ^^

HAHA XD Not to worry, I did not read dinosaur you you referencing your age! But English Dinosaur? Tell me a bit about it?
You are surely not confusing me, nor anyone else (so far), feel free to contribute more to the conversation if you'd like to.
Thanks again :3
You can also find me on:
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Ventus Fall wrote:@Trace: Glad you understand x3
Very neat you also have similar thoughts and experiences as well with regards to that subject.

Also happy to hear you agree with me on the fursona part x)
Still, if Humanity means: Caring for others, showing kindness/goodness, etc.,
then I would say I do have humanity. But... in the strictest sense of the word, where it means being human, I agree with you, Trace.
Yeah, it is cool to come across others who have similar ways of thinking.
And I'd agree that there is a distinction too between humanity and Humanity. The state of being human physically, versus being human through the ability to reason, care about others, etc. Caring for others and showing kindness is something that I think we all should practice, human or not. :P
I've always been a fan of media in which the least physically human characters demonstrate more Humanity than those who are physically human. (Beauty and the Beast would be an example, and is also one of my favorite Disney movies :3)
CyntheWightRabbit wrote:I agree. Though the characters don't necessarily make up the plot or the setting of a story, they are 'technically' the ones who drive it forward. And throughout all those hardships, and events that take place, you get to follow and experience it all with that character. Even though, you're technically controlling what they do and say, it feels more as though you're just watching from the sidelines. If that makes any sense...?

Which is why I didn't say it was exactly the same. Your Fursona is supposes to be you, or a representation of you. Your characters not, even if they take a part of you with them.
Definitely. Sometimes when you're writing, you less direct how everything goes in a story and more get glimpses into another world, and chronicle the events that you see take place.
That may sound strange if you don't know what it's like, but it's pretty true. Sometimes your characters will surprise you and do things you wouldn't expect. It's pretty cool when that happens.
But yeah, your characters will always have pieces of you, but they are distinct from you as well. A fursona is more of an exploration into yourself. Having multiple fursonas can be a product of recognizing that we're all multifaceted, and may even feel like different people on different days.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Trace wrote:And I'd agree that there is a distinction too between humanity and Humanity. The state of being human physically, versus being human through the ability to reason, care about others, etc. Caring for others and showing kindness is something that I think we all should practice, human or not. :P
I've always been a fan of media in which the least physically human characters demonstrate more Humanity than those who are physically human. (Beauty and the Beast would be an example, and is also one of my favorite Disney movies :3)
You'll love the Mass Effect trilogy. Lots of very "human" non-human characters.
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Leeward wrote:
Trace wrote:And I'd agree that there is a distinction too between humanity and Humanity. The state of being human physically, versus being human through the ability to reason, care about others, etc. Caring for others and showing kindness is something that I think we all should practice, human or not. :P
You'll love the Mass Effect trilogy. Lots of very "human" non-human characters.
I LOVE THE MASS EFFECT GAMES SO MUCH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*Ahem* Sorry about that. The Mass Effect trilogy happens to include some of my all time favorite games. The reasons are numerous, but yes, that is one of them for sure.
MrRazot
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Falcon
Region: Western Cape

Post by MrRazot »

Hello my... "partner" :P
Got to have something? :D
Ventus Fall

Post by Ventus Fall »

WOOO THERE, I don't check for a little while, and this is what happens?
XD

Leeward: Seems you and MrRazot both tell me I should get into Mass Effect.
That, or... were you speaking to Trace at the time? xD

Also, hi again Trace!

MMMMMMM, MrRazot, yes, my partner in crime, no? o3o

Yup, I'm slowly feeling I don't know any more how to keep thing in order D:
You can also find me on:
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo

Post by Trace »

Ventus Fall wrote:WOOO THERE, I don't check for a little while, and this is what happens?
XD

Leeward: Seems you and MrRazot both tell me I should get into Mass Effect.

Also, hi again Trace!

MMMMMMM, MrRazot, yes, my partner in crime, no? o3o

Yup, I'm slowly feeling I don't know any more how to keep thing in order D:
Hello! Pardon my appearing at odd hours. Time zone differences and such...
Also I feel like I've contributed to this thread being derailed fairly heavily. My apologies. :D
Ventus Fall

Post by Ventus Fall »

@Trace: Aaah, I just looked at your profile, and I see now where you're from. Wow O_o
Pff, it's fine ;D
You can also find me on:
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Ventus Fall wrote:Leeward: Seems you and MrRazot both tell me I should get into Mass Effect.
I was speaking to Trace, but regardless it is an amazing trilogy and I would recommend it to anyone.
Ventus Fall

Post by Ventus Fall »

Leeward wrote:
Ventus Fall wrote:Leeward: Seems you and MrRazot both tell me I should get into Mass Effect.
I was speaking to Trace, but regardless it is an amazing trilogy and I would recommend it to anyone.
Ah, apologies ^^;
I'll possibly look into it then o3o
You can also find me on:
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

Mass effect sucks! I played the first one. Got though the toutorial and then got lost... I hated it... Also I hate the whole "live action- stragety- hybrid turn based- first person" stuff. Plus all the characters were retarded and the choices I made seemed to make no difference in the game.

However I have watched a playthrough of mass effect and I enjoyed it a lot more than playing it myself.

Anyway... Random rant over.

Hi new dragon. Nice to see more round here ^…^
Ventus Fall

Post by Ventus Fall »

Wow, hi random dragon shark hybrid ranter ;P
How you doing?
You can also find me on:
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

I'm fine... depressed but fine.

If you have any spare hugs then you can pm them to me .__.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I think I played Mass Effect 2. It was alright but nothing particularly special. I went for the sneaky build and then found that entire path was a waste of time because all the combat is in corridors or arenas where the abilities aren't even useful.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~