Introduction, I guess.

Come in and introduce yourself! Don't be shy now. We don't bite. Expect a few licks though...
CyntheWightRabbit

Introduction, I guess.

Post by CyntheWightRabbit »

I really don't know what to put here. I've been spending way too much time thinking of something interesting to write, but alas I'm pretty boring, so can I give up? Besides, I'm not really good at these sorts of things anyway.

I suppose I'll jot down what I got so far. Not much, by the way.

I really like coffee, most horror and writing.
I have severe arachnophobia.

I'm not a very social person. If anything, most of the time I tend to avoid anything of the sort if I can help it.
I prefer my own space, and other people get in the way of that, you know? It's weird to put in words.

I don't know what I'm really expecting out of this either, but I thought I'd give it a try. Why not?

Anyway. Hi, I guess.
Sarcasm in the lowest form of wit.
Kievvu
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Re: Introduction, I guess.

Post by Kievvu »

Hello (:
Sorry I just had to chuckle at how you couldn't think of what to write and then stated writing as one of the things you like.
Anyways welcome welcome ^.^
Do you read? If so what are some of your favourite books?
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944
SilverFox12578
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Grey Fox

Post by SilverFox12578 »

Hello!
Welcome to the forum. It's nice to meet you. I hope you have a great time here. :)
-Be Crazy
-Be Weird
-Be Awesome
-Be Yourself :)

Telegram: @Silverfox12578. YouTube: SilverFox. Deviantart: Silverfox12578.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Greetings, and welcome to the forum.
I'm not very social either. I haven't gone outside since 2007! :P
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Franky
The Bad Guy
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox
Region: Gauteng

Post by Franky »

Hi I guess. :P
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)
Region: Western Cape

Post by Faanvolla »

Hey there and welcome to the forum!
Hope you'll have a great time here
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Post by Trace »

Hello and welcome!
I would consider myself a fellow horror enthusiast, and also enjoy writing. Which horror media do you tend to like? (Books, movies, games, other?) Also did you draw your avatar yourself?
Anyway, I hope that you have a good time here!
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

Well! Hiya! Welcome to the forums Cyn!

You like coffee?? ~sips on a cup~
I live off of the stuff... Haha!!

Spiders are creepy!

Hahaha! I think thats pretty much most of us here at some point... I know it was me when I joined...
Badge
Species: Badgacat

Post by Badge »

Hey hey and welcome.

I used to be aracnaphobic, but a friend helped me get over it and I went on to own nearly 200 tarantulas... ah the good old days.

I hope you find a way in this place to unwind and get to know some of the crazies that inhabit it.
May your time here be filled with awesome experiences and good people.
If you take your marker and connect this dot to that one, that one to this one here you will get a really annoyed dalmatian.

The European Badger (meles meles) is known to have a rather large range of vocalisations, though it must be noted he often makes no sense at all.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Ha ha, I get it! Wight rabbit, like white rabbit, but as in ghost. Brilliant! I like you. Welcome.
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Species: Husky

Post by Tocs »

Welcome to the forums I hope you enjoy your time here. Also I don't think you'd like my room with your arachnophobia.. I got three huge beaded spiders hanging from the walls and roof and had them since I was around about 5 haha
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
CyntheWightRabbit

How do forums even work? I guess I write the replies here? I don't know.

Thank you for the welcome. I'll try to be as active as I can.

I have been slacking when it comes to reading, and its something I should get back into, I mean I used to read quite a bit way back when. I can't really say there's been a favourite, though there were quite a few that I did enjoy. So instead I'll speak of the ones I've read recently. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I know, as always, I'm a little late to the party, but it was worth it. I must still get up the courage to read the other two in the trilogy. From what I remember that week of reading was a blur. Every moment I could I tried squeezing in a chapter or two. Thankfully I didn't get caught at work. I get sort of obsessed. And its that whole vibe I must prepare for. The other one is the most recent in the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series. I won't recommend it to anyone really. Its the... 21st-22nd(?) one and... it really has gone to shitaki mushrooms. Don't ask me why I'm still forcing myself. Perhaps a sense of completion? But it will probably continue until the author's death so my suffering is in vain. The first 3-4 books were enjoyable. R18 and up though, if you want to read it. Not that this will stop anyone, its just for my conscience. I try to be a nice guy.

I've been really disappointed by horror movies lately, but I hear the Conjuring 2 is good, so I do have something to look forward too. I don't really have the time or the guts, I guess, to play horror games, but I have stooped low enough to watch letsplayers do so in my stead and I must say some of them are rather good. Soma being an example. A pity there are a lot more... interesting(?) ones. At least they tried, I guess. I did try getting into reading horror but it didn't stick, perhaps my choices back then weren't the best. Same goes for anime/manga I guess.

Yes, I did draw my profile myself. I do in fact like drawing too, but I'd compare it to me singing along with some songs that come on the radio. I enjoy it but no one else needs to experience that horror show . Obviously drawing isn't as bad but you get the picture. At least I'm a little more confident in my writing.

Coffee is love. Coffee is life.

I can't even watch Natural Geographic shows about spiders without semi-freaking out when I see one. They're just huges buckets of nope crammed into those tiny little bodies.

Sorry for the block of text. If you read it, here have 10 points. If not, a free coupon for the next event. Good luck.
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Horror games huh? Alien Isolation?

Also I never really liked the conjuring it has some kind of agenda focusing on the authenticity of these exorcist's stories. In a rational world the mother should be in prison for attempted murder but sadly that's not the world we live in. And the actor chosen is that chick from the dumbest horror ever made. "The Haunting" Blegh.
Flaxney

Post by Flaxney »

Have you ever watched any examples of Italian Giallo movies? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giallo they are more mystery/slasher hybrids with elements of horror than pure horror per se.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

CyntheWightRabbit wrote:I have been slacking when it comes to reading, and its something I should get back into, I mean I used to read quite a bit way back when.
Same here, I feel awfully guilty about it.

I'm not a fan of horror films, but I really enjoyed Hush.
Kievvu
Species: Canis Lupus
Region: Northwest and North Cape

Post by Kievvu »

What is the point of the points if I may ask? What can I get with them? or do they just accumulate and then fester in a pile of uselessness?
Steam: Kievvu
Telegram: @Kievvu
Furry Amino: Kievvu
Discord: Kievvu#1856
Blizzard: Kievvu#2944
CyntheWightRabbit

Oh. I've heard that Alien Isolation was pretty good. I think I did see some gameplay of it a while ago.

So long as the story is somewhat gripping, the jumpscares aren't too obvious and its a little more difficult to fall asleep that night, I can't say I really mind about the scandal behind the Warrens. Even if what supposedly happened to them was faked, which is most likely the case, Lorraine is old. I've seen worse cases of milking than this really. I do agree with you though, this world is full pf irrationality.

I haven't seen anything from that genre, or if I have, I probably wouldn't have known. I can't say I'm a fan of slashers, but there are good ones out there.

The real problem for me is I don't read all that fast, so I have to invest quite a bit of time into reading which can be off putting. Of course I don't notice it once I start reading, but without the motivation to actually do so, I tend to slip up.

I think I've heard of that. I'll look into it.

If you want an accurate comparison, I suppose its similar to experience points. I don't give them away too often, I won't say they're all that rare either though... but it makes me think a little better of you.

Well to you it could be a meaningless cesspool of nothingness, that's up to you. It's your points, do with them what you will.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

The scariest movie I ever saw was Pet Cemetery, but I was like 9 at the time, so my memory might be warped.
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

CyntheWightRabbit wrote:Oh. I've heard that Alien Isolation was pretty good. I think I did see some gameplay of it a while ago.

So long as the story is somewhat gripping, the jumpscares aren't too obvious and its a little more difficult to fall asleep that night, I can't say I really mind about the scandal behind the Warrens. Even if what supposedly happened to them was faked, which is most likely the case, Lorraine is old. I've seen worse cases of milking than this really. I do agree with you though, this world is full pf irrationality.

I haven't seen anything from that genre, or if I have, I probably wouldn't have known. I can't say I'm a fan of slashers, but there are good ones out there.

The real problem for me is I don't read all that fast, so I have to invest quite a bit of time into reading which can be off putting. Of course I don't notice it once I start reading, but without the motivation to actually do so, I tend to slip up.

I think I've heard of that. I'll look into it.

If you want an accurate comparison, I suppose its similar to experience points. I don't give them away too often, I won't say they're all that rare either though... but it makes me think a little better of you.

Well to you it could be a meaningless cesspool of nothingness, that's up to you. It's your points, do with them what you will.
Alien Isolation has some jumps. mostly scripted events but if you play it you'd realize the jump scares are the least of your problems. ;) It's not nightmarish, gory or sinister but damn stressful. The alien is the star of the show and he's fucken beautiful.

Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic

Post by Contrast »

Franky wrote:The alien is the star of the show and he's fucken beautiful.
I always think of xenomorphs as female. It's in the sexy way they move, mostly. And yes, I can say that with a straight face. Xenomorphs, to me, move in a very sexy, fluid kind of way. :P

Too bad they're such butterfaces... >_>
Franky
The Bad Guy

Post by Franky »

Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter
Region: Other

Post by Trace »

Awesome! Yeah, I've struggled to find the time to read lately myself...
SOMA was very good, if extremely depressing. I've been pretty consistently impressed with the studio that made the game. They also made Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
I do like your profile picture though, I think it's very well done. You managed to express a lot of personality in it.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
CyntheWightRabbit

I would play it if I was with someone else, but to play it, or any sort of horror game, alone... I'm a little iffy about it. I suppose ot gets a little less fun.

To each his or her own, I guess. I won't judge. Though, I am not surprises that picture exists. Everything's been ponified.

Soma was one of the best games I've seen so far. The gameplay might not necessarilly have been amazing, but the story made up for it tenfold. The conflicts of how the physical body plays into our identity and such. And I won't say the ending was depressing, as one got to have a happy ending. It was brilliantly excecuted.

I'll take the compliment. Thank you.
Flaxney

Post by Flaxney »

Contrast wrote:I always think of xenomorphs as female. It's in the sexy way they move, mostly. And yes, I can say that with a straight face. Xenomorphs, to me, move in a very sexy, fluid kind of way. :P>
I am fairly certain that was intentional, considering the subject matter of the majority of Giger's work. Freud would implode. But I digress. CyntheWightRabbit, do you have any other examples of your artwork that you would be willing to share?
CyntheWightRabbit

Sorry. Not really. I doodle for fun sure, but thats not something I'd willingly show others. As I said, I'm not that good.
Flaxney

Post by Flaxney »

Are there any other activities that you enjoy?
CyntheWightRabbit

Well if we count enjoyment and not talent/skill I do quite like cooking. At one point I had wanted to be a chef, but after a while I realized that if I did go down that profession, I'd probably lose most of if not all that enjoyment. So I decided against it and went for something I was somewhat good at, albeit a bit less entertaining.
Flaxney

Post by Flaxney »

Have you ever read any of Jeff VanderMeer's works? And regarding your writing, is that mainly fiction or non-fiction?
CyntheWightRabbit

No, can't say I have. What kind of book does he usually write?

I prefer writing fiction.
Flaxney

Post by Flaxney »

New weird fiction and meta-fiction, mainly.