A Newcomer Approaches!

Come in and introduce yourself! Don't be shy now. We don't bite. Expect a few licks though...
Galahad
Region: Gauteng

A Newcomer Approaches!

Post by Galahad »

Good evening, ladies, gentlemen and, in in the spirit of the overly politically correct era our civilization appears to be entering, any who do not identify with such binary labels! ^-^

My username is StargazingSerpent. The first challenge I usher to any who may be interested is to create a nickname based off of that. Starry? Serpent? Serp? None really stick, do they? Hence, I kindly invite you, please, to call me "Azure" - a nickname I gained in my DeviantArt days.

I was once on these forums a very long time ago (early 2012?), and then departed on a very long hiatus. My account was terminated. However, I have returned - woe upon the furry community, haha!

In any case, it is wonderful to be back and here to stay. It is fantastic also to see firsthand the growth the community has undergone, and I look forward to meeting as many as I can. Being part of such a minuscule fraction of the national demographic (how many furries are there in South Africa?) means that such communities as ours should have a tendency to be tight-knit. ;D
TakaLion
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Lion
Region: Western Cape

Re: A Newcomer Approaches!

Post by TakaLion »

Hiya Azure!

Hmm, how about StarRawr! :P

Nicetermeetcha! I'm Takalion! *holds out paw in greeting* ^w^
Is a lion, does lion things, Rawr!
*Falls asleep* :3
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Hello there, TakaLion. May I please call you "Taka", or is there another name you prefer? *Shakes your paw courteously*
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Greetings, and welcome back to the forum. :)
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Hi there, welcome back! Just out of curiosity, what was your previous alias?
Randall
Species: Funambulus palmarum (Squirrel)

Post by Randall »

Welcome back to the nuthouse dear Serpent
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Species: Vulpes chama

Post by Cape_F0X »

Fellow Engineer here!

In which field are you in or going? (I am mechanical)

Hope you find a spot between all the critters here.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

To Contrast and Randall:
Thank you to both of you, kind sirs. It is good to be here.

To Cape_F0X:
Good day, fellow engineer! :D I am also a mechanical engineer - I suppose that already makes us kindred spirits! If you wish for me to provide more details, however, I am afraid I can only do so via private messages.

To Leeward:
Thank you, madam. My previous alias was 'Evalorus_Senshi'. I understand it is possible you may be concerned I am breaching the rule against the creation of multiple accounts - if that is the case, my previous account was terminated by an administrator per my request, rendering it virtually irretrievable by me. Additionally, the motive was not to change my username. If, however, I have done something wrong, please let me know and I shall rectify it.
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

Mmm ... I had to go look it up, actually, though the name sounded familiar. Almost exactly 4 years ago. Quite a while. It's your choice, really, I could have resurrected your old user but yeah. Easier to leave it like this for now.

Welcome back. Hope you enjoy your stay.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for the welcome, sir.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Nah, hardly worth resuscitating such an old account. I was just curious as to whether I'd heard your other name before. I haven't. :lol:
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Leeward wrote:Nah, hardly worth resuscitating such an old account. I was just curious as to whether I'd heard your other name before. I haven't. :lol:
Yes! They fell for my alibi! Now to execute my plot--
Er, I mean, good, good! Everything is in order. :D

Oddly enough... I suspect I have a vague remembrance of you. Are you not the bovine lady with a propensity for using higher-tier English and watching Spongebob? ... Or am I thinking of someone else? Meh.
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Species: Dog (Vampire)

Post by Faanvolla »

Hey there and welcome back to the forum!
Hope you'll stick around and have a lovely time here
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

Sup new dude! I drew a Utahraptor once, it was the alternative Sona for another fur from the age of old... I love Utahraptors, they're my favourite of the sickle clawed dino's :P.

nice to see you return to our place of sneaky sneaky furry furry (or in your case sneaky sneaky scaley scaley).

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Species: Husky

Post by Tocs »

Welcome to the forums azure :). Always a pleasure to see new faces and especially ones so polite, I really hope you enjoy your time here
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
Astro Fox
Species: Fox
Region: Freestate

Post by Astro Fox »

Hi Azure welcome to the forum, hope you have A awesome time here. :D
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

StargazingSerpent wrote:Oddly enough... I suspect I have a vague remembrance of you. Are you not the bovine lady with a propensity for using higher-tier English and watching Spongebob? ... Or am I thinking of someone else? Meh.
That does sound like me, although I'm not partial to Spongebob, I like watching cartoons in general. I find it relaxingly mind-numbing in contrast to having to think all day at work and in social situations.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

To Leeward:
It appears I was mistaken. I am referring to someone I saw in 2012 - it seems you are of the 2014 vintage. XD My apologies. Nonetheless, what are the chances - it seems you have a doppelgänger lurking around. You may as well enter the lottery with such luck.

To Astro Fox:
Thank you very much, kind sir! It is wonderful to meet you. I am glad to see that there are some of us in the Free State, too.

To Tocs:
Manners maketh the man. Or shall I say the raptor? Again, thank you for the welcome. ^^

To RavenSong:
Ah, my partner-in-crime in all things thread-necromantic! I apologize for my late reply. Thank you for the welcome! I am also exuberant to read that the Utahraptor is your favourite dromaeosaurid (i.e sickle-clawed raptor). Just be careful when petting. We tend to bite.

To Faanvolla:
Thank you, good sir. I shall be certain to be on my best behaviour. (Kindly note that 'best' is a relative rather than an absolute term. ;D)
Cape_F0X
Light-footed
Species: Vulpes chama

Post by Cape_F0X »

Due to the similarity in course direction you can feel free to shout, roar, screech... or whatever sound it is you make when you need a second opinion on work.
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

StargazingSerpent wrote:It appears I was mistaken. I am referring to someone I saw in 2012 - it seems you are of the 2014 vintage. XD My apologies. Nonetheless, what are the chances - it seems you have a doppelgänger lurking around.
Okay now I'm extremely curious. I have to find this doppelgänger. Who is/was this?
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Leeward wrote:Okay now I'm extremely curious. I have to find this doppelgänger. Who is/was this?
The person's username evades my memory. I can only recall that she identified as a bovine, appeared to be of an intellectual disposition (I believe she was a computer programmer of some sort? Though I cannot be sure), and once said that sometimes she watches a mindless TV show such as Spongebob after work to relax her overworked mind.

... I still have a hunch it could be you. The only fact against that presupposition is that you registered in 2014, whereas my memory seems to be from 2012, though I could be wrong.

What a conspiracy theory, hm?
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

That sounds exactly like me... it would be too much of a coincidence for there to be a second such person, considering both the female minority and the rarity of bovine 'sonas. Perhaps you visited the forum at some point before re-registering and saw my posts then? Maybe during Halloween when our names were different? As I recall I went by "Dreamwalker" and "Leeward Jenkins" during the last two.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

That seems to be a good hypothesis.

At twenty years of age, my memory is already suffering from indexing issues. XD
'Dreamwalker' strikes a twinge of familiarity. I am almost convinced it is you, now.
In that case, you can relax. If I see any other intellectual cows around the forum, I shall lure them with concentrates, capture them, and notify you. ^^
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

If you wouldn't mind, that would be most excellent, thank you. Just don't catch me along with them please. :lol:
Asbjorn-phoenix
Papa Bear
Species: FireBear - Bear Phoenix hybrid

Post by Asbjorn-phoenix »

Hi and welcome.
If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear,
if you've something to hide you shouldn't be here.
Neon
Species: Huskeh
Region: Other

Post by Neon »

Hello there! Azure you say?
I'm going to blatantly spite you and call you 'Serp' instead. It is going to work. I will make it work.
I don't think we have any utahraptors slinking around. Consider yourself a pioneer of your kind here!
Oooh but please do stay. I can nearly guarantee that fun times will be had if you stick around.

Oh and sorry for the late reply, I seem to arrive quite late to these parties as of recent.

See you around!
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Hi Star, and welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your stay and find many friends and whatnot! :)

It's nice to see somebody who describes himself as a Utahraptor rather than Velociraptor. I think most people imagine Velociraptors as being like the dinos from Jurassic park, rather than being like the little toothy turkies that they were.
You're also probably the only Utahraptor on the forum! Cheers to rare fursonas!

So Mr Star, do tell, what are your hobbies? Do you do any PC gaming?
Hahaha! :lol:
Sev
Superbike Snow Leopard
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Sev »

So this:

Turns into this:

What a disappointment.
Galahad

Post by Galahad »

Ryall wrote:Hi Star, and welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your stay and find many friends and whatnot! :)

It's nice to see somebody who describes himself as a Utahraptor rather than Velociraptor. I think most people imagine Velociraptors as being like the dinos from Jurassic park, rather than being like the little toothy turkies that they were.
You're also probably the only Utahraptor on the forum! Cheers to rare fursonas!

So Mr Star, do tell, what are your hobbies? Do you do any PC gaming?
Please, sir, call me "Azure". ^^ That is a name that has stuck with me, originating from my DeviantArt days.

Indeed! To be honest, I was horrified when I discovered that the velociraptor, which due to its depiction in Jurassic Park for me was the epitome of amazing and fierce, was just slightly larger than a cat! :lol:

Now, a Utahraptor, on the other hand...

Far more satisfying!

I would love to answer your questions regarding hobbies and interests, but it would not be of much fun to reveal everything about myself so abruptly, would it? :D Instead, if I may, please, who and what I am shall become more apparent as time goes on and my relationship with the community grows. :D
I shall say this, however: I am indeed a gamer. :) More of the puzzle, strategy and adventure variety, but I do dabble in roleplaying and shooters from time to time.
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

But if you don't tell me what games you play online, then how will I invite you to play those games with me?! :o
Hahaha! :lol: