Rawr new dragon from CT

Come in and introduce yourself! Don't be shy now. We don't bite. Expect a few licks though...
Novard
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Western Dragon
Region: Western Cape

Rawr new dragon from CT

Post by Novard »

Heya fluffbutts and scaliebutts

I'm Novard and I've been a furry (or more specifically a scalie) for little more than 5 years. I only discovered this forum recently and before then had a real hard time finding, or believing for that matter, that there was an organized SA furry community website. I kinda expected there to be a SA furry group on FA but there doesn't seem to be an active one.

My dragonsona is a midnight blue western dragon and irl I'm an electronic engineer studying postgrad at Stellenbosch. I'm a tactical/harcore PC gamer who plays allot of FPS games. I've played Battlefield 3 competitively in national leagues back in the day but studies kinda put a hold on pro gaming. I'm also a Star Wars nut and all round sci-fi fan.

I mostly hang around on twitter interacting with the international scalie community there. I also role play on skype often. I would love to meet other dragons and furries from CT and the Western Cape. ^.=.^

Novard :3
Telegram: @Novard | Furaffinity | Twitter | Weasyl
Tocs
The glowing blue panda
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Husky
Region: Gauteng

Re: Rawr new dragon from CT

Post by Tocs »

Welcome to the forum Novard, always awesome to have a dragon joining us and no doubt the Cape Town furs will be all over you :p. Anyway enjoy your time on the forums :D. I'm sure you will have an awesome time
For the most part, it is pointless to be sad in life.
Because sad spelt backwards is das
And das not good
Love every stranger, the stranger the better
The darker the night, the brighter I glow!
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard

Post by Adagio »

Wow! Wow! Wow! Hold up! An Electronic Engineer! Dude! Have some paw! ~Holds up paw~
What field are you in?

Ok! So welcome! There's a few scalies around here... They'll probably come out sooner or later...
Personally I only know the purple one...

Anyway! I'm sure you'll fine the SA Furry Community a friendly bunch! So! Stick around! If you need a tour guide, Check the Community Reps!
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Dog (Vampire)

Post by Faanvolla »

Hey there and welcome!
I wanted to attach an image but it gave an error, so I hope the Dropbox link works with the image tag
alternatively
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Faanvolla wrote:Hey there and welcome!
I wanted to attach an image but it gave an error, so I hope the Dropbox link works with the image tag
alternatively

Hahahahaha! It works! :roll: StarWars nerds!
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Postgrad electronic engineer at Stellenbosch? I suspect I might already know you IRL. :lol:
Welcome, always glad to have new people!

EDIT: Are you in the Guild, perchance?
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

Don'tchya wanna know us non cape based furries too :?

I mean, we wanna know you :mrgreen:

So hi :P
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Novard

Post by Novard »

Adagio wrote:Wow! Wow! Wow! Hold up! An Electronic Engineer! Dude! Have some paw! ~Holds up paw~
What field are you in?

Ok! So welcome! There's a few scalies around here... They'll probably come out sooner or later...

Anyway! I'm sure you'll fine the SA Furry Community a friendly bunch! So! Stick around! If you need a tour guide, Check the Community Reps!
Hehe *Paw five* o/
I'm focusing on Control Systems, specifically Upset recovery of UAV's, to try and develop similar systems for commercial aircraft.
Faanvolla wrote:Hey there and welcome!
alternatively
Haha epic reply. I think the new Star Wars movie is my fav, closely tied with ep 5. I don't really play competitively anymore. My clan retired. Add sab3rr on steam, that's my gaming handle. Atm I play rocket league, Killing floor 2 and just started CSGO.
Leeward wrote:Postgrad electronic engineer at Stellenbosch? I suspect I might already know you IRL. :lol:

Know me irl? That would be ironic! I don't know any girls well. Hmm. The Guild? That doesn't ring a bell. This is my first year doing Masters at ESL. Shoot me a PM ^^
RavenSong wrote:Don'tchya wanna know us non cape based furries too :?

I mean, we wanna know you :mrgreen:

So hi :P
Haha I'm already glad there are SA furries, so yeah would love to talk to em all! I've been up to Joburgthree times, first was for Rage the other two for clan reunions ^^
Neon
Species: Huskeh

Post by Neon »

Heyo! Welcome to our community Novard! Already seems like you're settling in here nicely. We're a very friendly bunch, I can assure you. Hang around and I'm sure you will have an awesome time here :)
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Novard wrote:
Leeward wrote:Postgrad electronic engineer at Stellenbosch? I suspect I might already know you IRL. :lol:

Know me irl? That would be ironic! I don't know any girls well. Hmm. The Guild? That doesn't ring a bell. This is my first year doing Masters at ESL. Shoot me a PM ^^
Not ironic, serendipitous. :P But yeah, would be weird. The Guild is SU's tabletop games society, they do D&D and such. Throwing you a PM.
Ocean knight
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Grey wolf

Post by Ocean knight »

Wow so many new furries/scalies. Welcome to the forum!! Star wars!!!
We are drowning in conformity.
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Novard wrote:
Adagio wrote:Wow! Wow! Wow! Hold up! An Electronic Engineer! Dude! Have some paw! ~Holds up paw~
What field are you in?

Hehe *Paw five* o/
I'm focusing on Control Systems, specifically Upset recovery of UAV's, to try and develop similar systems for commercial aircraft.
I wanted to get into Robotics... But I don't think there's much use for that in South Africa...

So I'm getting into Communication Engineering, but I'll also do some Automation... Automation always fascinated me...

So! Go check out the hardware thread! There's a few awesome projects going on there!

Like Lurigo's Vulptron 1000 8Bit Computer!
Or the Arduino Thread...

Anyways dude! Enjoy!
Novard

Post by Novard »

Adagio wrote:
Novard wrote:
What field are you in?

Hehe *Paw five* o/
I wanted to get into Robotics... But I don't think there's much use for that in South Africa...

So I'm getting into Communication Engineering, but I'll also do some Automation... Automation always fascinated me...

So! Go check out the hardware thread! There's a few awesome projects going on there!

Like Lurigo's Vulptron 1000 8Bit Computer!
Or the Arduino Thread...

Anyways dude! Enjoy!
I was torn between telecoms and robotics. But I'm glad I went with robotics. Only thing telecoms worth persuing in SA is the SKA. And yes robotics doesnt have a future in SA, but to be frank, electronic engineering doesn't have a future in SA. I never aimed to persue engineering in SA anyway. Waste of time imo. The ESL at SU has very good international ties and many master's degree engineers go overseas to work. I'm no different. As soon as I complete my master's I might go work for Boeing or Airbus, or some obscure military firm :V

Point is, do what you want to do. In engineering people will give you contacts to where you wanna go. Don't worry. Our electronic engineering field in SA is very well connected internationally.
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

Why does everyone want to leave?

Yeah... I want to do Comms so I can go to Antarctica and overwintering there...
After that... I don't know yet..

The SKA! I saw bursaries for that on the notice boards... It really looks impressive!
Novard

Post by Novard »

Adagio wrote:Why does everyone want to leave?

Yeah... I want to do Comms so I can go to Antarctica and overwintering there...
After that... I don't know yet..

The SKA! I saw bursaries for that on the notice boards... It really looks impressive!
The engineers that want to pursue research and postgrad are mostly leaving. All the better opportunities are overseas. There are almost no worth while research in SA due to the government not funding anything. SA's high tech industry will never cope with the economy getting worse.

If a country won't support their engineers, then they will leave. Simple as that.
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

Greetings, and welcome to the forum. ^_^
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

Helllloooooohoahhooooaaaaahaaeeeenhgh! Hello.
Welcome to our mad corner of the internet.
Please do stay...

I love dragons! Many of my personae are dragons. and a robotics interest?
I feel almost as if I shouldn't eat you- what? eat? why would I eat you? How rude of you! I am a good nartured hydra who is kind.
Come. COME! to my kitchen. I must make you into a welcome meal.
Kirtaro
Species: Lion x Sabretooth hybrid

Post by Kirtaro »

Hey

i'd feel bad if i didn't wave a friendly paw to you on your welcoming post as well :)
*waves a paw at you*

i'm glad you found the forum and it seems like you're on a great start to making some great new friends.
They will fear the wild
Novard

Post by Novard »

Fido Ebbon wrote:Helllloooooohoahhooooaaaaahaaeeeenhgh! Hello.
Welcome to our mad corner of the internet.
Please do stay...

I love dragons! Many of my personae are dragons. and a robotics interest?
I feel almost as if I shouldn't eat you- what? eat? why would I eat you? How rude of you! I am a good nartured hydra who is kind.
Come. COME! to my kitchen. I must make you into a welcome meal.
Well I've never met a hydra before I must say. Have any ref sheets I can peek at? :3
I'll...maybe pass on the meal. Not sure how it would affect my dragonic ego if I was to be eaten. Quite nice of you to offer however ;P
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

Novard wrote:Well I've never met a hydra before I must say. Have any ref sheets I can peek at? :3
Ah! now I do have a idea of what proud hydra would look like. But its difficult to do a beast with 7 heads, and while I know what each head looks like, I haven't decided on a body >x<
But to be honest the hydra thing is more figurative, Like a hydra with many heads I am one with many faces and opinions all inhabiting one flesh
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

Fido - are you like the mayor from Halloween town with changeable faces dependent on if he's being scared or angry?
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
rusted hydra
Cannibal

Post by rusted hydra »

RavenSong wrote:Fido - are you like the mayor from Halloween town with changeable faces dependent on if he's being scared or angry?
I guess so... cept its not just face and not just 2
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

I love your avatar! :D

Also, hello there and welcome! I hope your enjoy your stay; make many friends and whatnot.

It's nice to have another CT PC gamer on board!

Star Wars nut and FPS fan, eh? Have you been playing Star Wars: Battlefront? It's not your hardcore tactical shooter, no, but it does some great fan-service, and it has a fun pacing to it.
Hahaha! :lol:
Novard

Post by Novard »

Ryall wrote:I love your avatar! :D

Also, hello there and welcome! I hope your enjoy your stay; make many friends and whatnot.

It's nice to have another CT PC gamer on board!

Star Wars nut and FPS fan, eh? Have you been playing Star Wars: Battlefront? It's not your hardcore tactical shooter, no, but it does some great fan-service, and it has a fun pacing to it.
Ehehe thanks. The avatar is the closest I could get to my fursona :3
I was exited for SWBF, but no I don't have it. I may be a Star Wars fan, but no dedicated servers and the very casual nature of the game was a deal breaker for me. I lagged too much in the beta. Might pick it up when it's on sale one day. PM me your steam if you want so we can see if we have any games in common ^^