Hello from a Fox

Come in and introduce yourself! Don't be shy now. We don't bite. Expect a few licks though...
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox
Region: Gauteng

Re: Hello from a Fox

Post by jacojerb »

I've written about 5 different inspiring messages here, just to delete them on the grounds that they don't sound good. Basically, my advice, just try to have fun with it :P
Mew?
Gothic Collie
Species: Collie or African Wild Dog...

Post by Gothic Collie »

TheQs wrote:Hi all,

Been doing a bit of reading and so on, trying to figure out where or who I am, need some advise please.

I am a straight male, but that does not fit the fursona inside and am really shy to actually talk about it. But here goes, I don't see a male fox, but more of a softer, quiter type fursona. Is this a strange or weird thing?

Will I be accepted as such or not?

Q-Fox
I am a fairly straight guy, and I have two fursonas , one male and one female, there are quite a few others online who have main female fursonas, so no I dont think its strange...
Kalium_Puceon
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Duiker!
Region: Western Cape
Mastodon: pleroma.site/kalium

Post by Kalium_Puceon »

Frankly, we probably won't care if your fursona is a different gender or anything, you should just go with whatever feels right and you'll probably end up with a good fursona
"You never get over the desire to do stupid things. You simply have to overrule your stupid urges with an acquired sense of fear."
-Dr. Richard Weisiger

Contact Me!
My Github! | My Twitter! | My Tumblr | Hit me up as Kalium on foonetic IRC!
Clean paws
Species: Two-tailed kitsune/wild dog
Region: Other

Post by Clean paws »

^ exactly what all these guys said. The whole point of creating a character is to mold the character that you want, not someone else. Don't let things like stereotypes and quizzes and stuff discourage you (I recall when I first found the fandom I did a bunch of online quizzes and each time I didn't get a canine I'd freak) :P but that's the beauty of being a furry, the creativity <3
Cause you never know when you might need a clean paw
Sunny Fox
Species: Silver Fox

Post by Sunny Fox »

woot! *giggles* glad to see another fox :3 ...WE WILL TAKE OVER THE WHOLE...*looks at everyone* :| ...uhm..i mean,.... welcome ^w^ you'll love it here..everyones very accepting and friendly...unique in their own ways and its just amazing.. Have fun :3

*taps him on the shoulder* i Admin a gay furry pride page that has a lot of members,iv been helping a whole bunch of them with a bunch of issues (coming out as a furry,how to tell your friends,how to go about things,scchool problems,relationships issues/ anything ) so please, PM me if u need help,if you have facebook,add me "Sunny Fox" so i can chat to you on a friendly interface (in my opinion) alright... WELCOME :D *sticks my paw up for a hi paw*
Yes it is true ^^, i was passed through this odd configuration of a human and for many years have pondered..believed that i am a therion, but i lurk in this furry fandom for it is a good way to stay close to my fox corporeal *giggles* so my "sojourn" is an aeon ^,..,^

Furaffinity
Furrbook
Steam
Dota2
Skype Ask me ^^,
Whatsapp: ask me ^^,
Splicer-Fox
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Hi :3
QFox
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: FOX

Post by QFox »

Furs, good morning.

As you all now can see, my name has changed, its now officially QFox.
Thanks to all for them messages. Thanks V!

Still waiting on my Quizzzzz!

"Back to the darkness of the forest, where one is safe"
Grayhound
Species: Wolf-Keidran

Post by Grayhound »

You are? Dear lord you're right! Ok, can you swear to me you'll actually answer it? The past 3 i've created have just been left for dead unfortunately so i'm feeling a little.....I dunno.....lacking in motivation?

*Does puppy dog eyes* You promise you'll answer it?
True love is real, sometimes it just happens in unexpected places.
I do what I must; not because i'm certain of my own sense of justice, but because i'm not certain of anyone elses.
QFox

Post by QFox »

GH, if I was not going to answer it, I would not have asked for it.

I pwomise I will answer all the Qs!
Grayhound

Post by Grayhound »

QFox wrote:GH, if I was not going to answer it, I would not have asked for it.
Hey, 2 of the past 3 ignored quizzes asked for it :? .......but as you spelt pwomise with a 'w' I guess i'll have faith in you :)

So anyway....on with the show eh?

Standard non-regulated rules apply, with the usual lack of lifelines, allowance for pleas of ignorance, and general need for confusion. You'll have the opportunity at any stage to say that you can't think of an answer, and you will of course receive a torrent of follow-up questions. Finally, you will be awarded and penalized points at my leisure, which may end up having a purpose in life eventually.

But all in all, just relax, be yourself, and never forget to have fun!

1) So first off, why are you a FOX? (keep it PG-13 please :P )

2) Why is your fursona name QFox?

3) Why are young animals so cute but when they grow older they start to lose their cuteness?

4) You don't appear to have a profile pic? Why is this? Could you describe your fursona for me?

5) You appear to have absolutely no interests whatsoever. Is this true? Is there really nothing in life which interests you?

6) If you had to choose between never drinking caffeine for the rest of your life and never drinking alcohol for the rest of your life, which would you choose?

7) Why do people nail down the lid of a coffin?

8) Can you cry underwater?

9) Musical interests? Favorite band/song/composer/etc

10) Do bald men wash their head with soap or shampoo?

11) Why don’t you ever see adverts for advertising companies?

12) Why is it that when things get wet they get darker, even though water is clear?

13) TV interests? Favorite Actor/Movie/Director/TV Series/etc?

14) What would you say, is the strangest question you've ever been asked (excluding questions from this quiz)?

15) Literary interests? Favorite Author/book/graphic novel/etc?

16) Standard Three Wishes scenario, but this time, each wish must involve a specific country and you can't use the same country twice? What do you wish for?

17) When Abraham Lincoln made the Gettysburg Address and started with that famous line "Four score and seven years ago", did he pause while the audience worked out how long that was?

18) Gaming Interests? Favorite Platform/Game/etc?

19) I a person awarded a Nobel Peace Prize later went on to start a war, would they take the prize back?

20) What time is it?

21) MLPFIM?

And that's Round 1 complete! But incase you thought that was easy, there's always a round 2 and often a round 3, so be prepared to defend whatever statements you make!

Good Luck!
I do what I must; not because i'm certain of my own sense of justice, but because i'm not certain of anyone elses.
QFox

Post by QFox »

1) So first off, why are you a FOX? (keep it PG-13 please :P )

Mmmm, why a fox? Well they are shy creatures and I am terribly shy. Foxes fascinate me and I feel for us foxes that are so misunderstood! We are cute and cuddly, aren't we, foxes on here I am sure will agree.

2) Why is your fursona name QFox?

Well, my nickname has always been Q, even my volley ball shirt has it on. Will post a pic of us, (we even have a wolf on the team as well). So put the two together and you get QFox, not much thinking involved buy hey, it works!

3) Why are young animals so cute but when they grow older they start to lose their cuteness?

Who saiz adult animals aren't cute! My kittycat is still as cute as the day we brought him home! All animals are cute, even grumpy!

4) You don't appear to have a profile pic? Why is this? Could you describe your fursona for me?

Ok, I don't have a pic/avatar as I can not draw to save my life! So here goes, I am a red female fox, big green eyes and cute nose, love food a bit too much so have plenty extra shape. Maybe someone can help me with a pic/avatar.

5) You appear to have absolutely no interests whatsoever. Is this true? Is there really nothing in life which interests you?

OK OK! Been a bit lazy here, need to work on my profile, a lot I guess.
Interests: I have a big interest in cars, collecting hot wheels and such, especially movie related such as Ecto-1 and Kitt. Motorsport, I like F1 and I love going to Historic Racing. I have a classic car that I love to drive around (O\(53)/O).......and it does get a lot of attention, and for me being so shy is a challenge in itself.
Also have a big interest in the furry community. I have been reading up on everything I can, as I only recently found out about this family, the ZA Furries family. So I have not been very active here, but always logging on to see what is happening. Since early days, TV programs such as the Thundercats, Dogtanian (Brakenjan as we know it), have always had me thinking about how it would be to be a Anthropomorphic character. Later I found that people actually have costumes and furr suits, NOT MASCOTS but actual expressions of themselves. I have always just suppressed my inner furry , until very recently. Knowing that there are others out there that feel like I do. YES, at home I act like a typical human male, father and husband, and never able to express myself. But here I can, and will a bit more.
Here I can be QFox, soft spoken, shy as hell, and just be me.

6) If you had to choose between never drinking caffeine for the rest of your life and never drinking alcohol for the rest of your life, which would you choose?

I am a Tea drinker, so that doesn't bother me, but if I really had to choose, Alcohol I can do without, Caffeine would HAVE to be my choice, but Tea is first choice.

7) Why do people nail down the lid of a coffin?

Depends on the coffin and who's in there.

8) Can you cry underwater?

Never tried, but I guess you could. But why cry when you can laugh, so much better.

9) Musical interests? Favorite band/song/composer/etc

Mmmmmmm....... Well, I enjoy all types just not death metal or JB types. Depends on my mood, Classical, oldies from the 60s 70s, Greenday, hell, just about everything. Don't have a absolute fav band but song would be the Brian Adams "Everything I do" from Robin Hood. Also collect TV themes and game sounds effects and use them as ring tones for my BB.

10) Do bald men wash their head with soap or shampoo?

What hair! They are bald!

11) Why don’t you ever see adverts for advertising companies?

Thought about this one, and I have no answer, although, I have seen one or two that do.

12) Why is it that when things get wet they get darker, even though water is clear?

That's science, no good at science!

13) TV interests? Favorite Actor/Movie/Director/TV Series/etc?

TV: Supernatural, Star Trek, Star Gate, Chuck, Thundercats, Sherlock Hound, Robotech, Smallville, CSI, Numbers, Airwolf, A-Team, Knight Rider, I could go on, but I think you get my drift.

Movie: Avengers, BTTF, Star Trek, Transformers, courageous, Facing the Giants, Ghostbusters, the Herbie movies,

14) What would you say, is the strangest question you've ever been asked (excluding questions from this quiz)?

Um...... Thinking....... Um........ Where do you fellowship? Had a T-shirt that has a cross on it the a bible verse. Found that kinda strange.

15) Literary interests? Favorite Author/book/graphic novel/etc?

Honestly, I am not a big reader, but Dean Koontz I have read, and Star Trek Novels. Again, I read more forum than book material.

16) Standard Three Wishes scenario, but this time, each wish must involve a specific country and you can't use the same country twice? What do you wish for?

Ok, if I understand the question correctly:

Wish one: Wish USA would get over themselves, they are not the only country in the world.
This is more difficult than I seems.
Wish two: wish that there would be more alien visits to South africa, and not, you know who, as I can't mention the again!
Wish Three: I wish to go to Egypt and see the landing sites of the ancient UFOs myself, (pyramids)

17) When Abraham Lincoln made the Gettysburg Address and started with that famous line "Four score and seven years ago", did he pause while the audience worked out how long that was?

Wasn't there, can say.

18) Gaming Interests? Favorite Platform/Game/etc?

Only have a PS2 and PC
Games: NFS, GT4, Star Trek-Close Encounters
PC: Unreal Tournament, Sega Rally, Flight sims,

19) I a person awarded a Nobel Peace Prize later went on to start a war, would they take the prize back?

I would hope so, as war is so unnecessary.

20) What time is it?

Look at the clock, should tell you
But if you insisit,

ITS ADVENTURE TIME!

21) MLPFIM?

My Little Pony: Friendship in Magic.
Other than that, I will leave it there

Might be too much info here but hell, that's me!
Grayhound

Post by Grayhound »

Okay! Some interesting answers here....*jots down notes*.....And now it's follow-up question time!

2) Why has your nickname always been 'Q'? A Star Trek fan?

3) I quote Rule 32 of the internet! You must supply pictures to prove your statement!

5) Ok then, who do you support in the F1? Exactly what is this classic car?

6) A tea drinker eh? Favorite tea?

7) Ok then, let's give you some examples. Abraham Lincoln in an Oak coffin; Jacob Zuma in a Pine coffin; Myself in a Polystyrene Coffin. What gets nailed down and why?

8) Have you ever tried laughing underwater? Doesn't that generally lead to drowning?

10) Re-read the question! What do they wash their bald hairless head with?

13) Which is your favorite Star Trek Series? Have you seen the 'furry' CSI episode?

17) You weren't there but you 'can say'? Please explain :P

20) Well done. +20 points. Did you cry when you watched the episode 'I remember you'?

And you can never give too much info!
QFox

Post by QFox »

Ok, let's see if I can answer the follow ups!

2) Why has your nickname always been 'Q'? A Star Trek fan?

Yes and also my surname is with a Q!

3) I quote Rule 32 of the internet! You must supply pictures to prove your statement!

I shall indeed post a pic! Just need to get it off my PC at home.

5) Ok then, who do you support in the F1? Exactly what is this classic car?

OK, I have always been a Ferrari fan, early days was Williams and Nigel Mansell, for those of you who can still remember him and of late, Micheal Schumacher and Massa.

6) A tea drinker eh? Favorite tea?

Would have to say, no, not Earl Grey! That's Picards tea, I enjoy Orange flavour.

7) Ok then, let's give you some examples. Abraham Lincoln in an Oak coffin; Jacob Zuma in a Pine coffin; Myself in a Polystyrene Coffin. What
gets nailed down and why?

Well if you are dead, don't need nails, :p

8) Have you ever tried laughing underwater? Doesn't that generally lead to drowning?

But then so does crying.

10) Re-read the question! What do they wash their bald hairless head with?

Oops, ok, soap!

13) Which is your favorite Star Trek Series? Have you seen the 'furry' CSI episode?

Fav Star Trek series is DS9! Trouble with tribbles cross over to TOS.
Nope have not seen it but want to. See what the fuss is about.

17) You weren't there but you 'can say'? Please explain :P

Ok, Please explain?

20) Well done. +20 points. Did you cry when you watched the episode 'I remember you'?

My son watches CN, so he keeps on about it ;-)
Not one of my fav cartoons though.

Hope you find these answers pleasing oh Quiz Master.
QFox

Post by QFox »

5) What is a classic car, well I have a 1964 VW Beetle and a 1974 V8 Chevy El Camino.
Grayhound

Post by Grayhound »

I hereby declare a brief pause in the quizzing, in order to allow you to procure a photograph of this cat. Until then, I must congratulate you on your rather good taste so far (although DS9 over TNG?!?!?).

At any rate, well done so far :)
Contrast
Necrotic Neurotic
Species: Necrobat

Post by Contrast »

QFox wrote: Interests: I have a big interest in cars, collecting hot wheels and such, especially movie related such as Ecto-1 and Kitt.
Then you need to find yourself a 1958 Plymouth Fury. Arguably the most evil car in all of cinema, thanks to Stephen King.
Plus, tailfins are awesome.
Read my novel on: SoFurry | Fur Affinity | Deviant Art
QFox

Post by QFox »

How do I post a pic?

Oh did I mention my VW has a 53 on it!
QFox

Post by QFox »

My 9 year old kitty.
Attachments
IMG-20130329-00794.jpg
Grayhound

Post by Grayhound »

Alrighty then.....on with the show eh?

3) That's cute? Not sinister? Hmm......have you ever read the book 'How to tell if your cat is plotting to kill you'?

5) Nice choices of F1 Drivers.....I particularly agree with Schumacher.... +10 points

6) Orange Flavour? Erm.....what? Forgive my ignorance, but i'm more of a coffee drinker (which goes against my name and race (english) I know but still) so I have this horrible image of tea with an orange slice in it. Please explain.

7) Alrighty then, so based on your original answer, what kind of coffin/person combination would be required for nails to be neccesary?

9) TV and game Soundtracks? I definitely approve! Favorite soundtracks?
QFox

Post by QFox »

Hi all,

Just want sone opinions on my pic, for my avatar, still in progress!
Aplolgies for the pic on its side, will fix once finished.

QFox
Attachments
QFox.jpg
QFox

Post by QFox »

Does no one like my pic?

A dragon is doing me my pic.
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian
Region: Other

Post by Raven Song »

Sorry, i had written a response then shut down my broswer fantastically fast due to my boss creeping around again...

It's cool, i like her dress...
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Gothic Collie

Post by Gothic Collie »

QFox wrote:Hi all,

Just want sone opinions on my pic, for my avatar, still in progress!
Aplolgies for the pic on its side, will fix once finished.

QFox

Your cute ;)
Helios_phi
The depraved

Post by Helios_phi »

Hey there. A belated welcome. You seem to be fitting in nicely.
[REDACTED]
QFox

Post by QFox »

Ok, I would like to use this an my avatar, what you think?
Attachments
QFox.jpg
Durosuka
Species: Liger

Post by Durosuka »

looks snazzy ^-^
Time to change
Firestar
Species: foxtaur/ Chakat

Post by Firestar »

wow who drew that its really good
Asbjorn-phoenix
Papa Bear
Species: FireBear - Bear Phoenix hybrid

Post by Asbjorn-phoenix »

I like it... *nods head approvingly*
If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to fear,
if you've something to hide you shouldn't be here.
QFox

Post by QFox »

Its my one year on the forum. Wow. How quick its gone.
Met some good peeps on line. GC, thanks for putting up with all my Qs!
Gothic Collie

Post by Gothic Collie »

Its not a problem fox ^.^