Hello all.

Come in and introduce yourself! Don't be shy now. We don't bite. Expect a few licks though...
terror

Hello all.

Post by terror »

Howdy

Well I suppose before I start posting in other forums I'd best be introducing myself.

I'm a 31 year old gay guy living in Benoni

First of I cannot believe it's taken me so long to find out if there is a furry community in SA, but last week I was bored and found this here forum, well browsed for a week and decided to register and get involved, explore my 'other' side a little which for reasons I haven't really much, at least my boyfriend thinks it's cute and is really accepting of my little quirk :mrgreen:

Not much to say really, but been a fan of all things furry for most of my life probably since I first stumbled across some artwork on the net a few years back. Even went so far as to buy myself a collar (red leather studded one) which I wear when ever I can (even to bed :oops: ) if you see a Blue Getz on the roads with a pride flag paw in the rear window hoot and give us a woof, chances are I'll be wearing the collar as well. Can't draw to save my life but really enjoy looking at what others have, and have written a few short stories which I keep mainly to myself, maybe I'll post a few chapters up and see just how bad the world thinks my writing is :D

I've always loved Husky's my uncle had a pair when I was growing up and I adored those two dogs, but my mom would never allow me to have any of my own, and now I find myself living in a town house complex which a.) has a no pet rule, and b.) has not got a yard big enough to have one. So to satisfy myself I developed a bit of a furry fetish for them. Anyway plans are coming along nicely and hopefully before the end of the year I'll be living in a house with a big enough yard to have a Husky (or two) of my own. And don't' worry about lecturing me about how much hard work they are, as I said experience with my uncles two made me realise very early on in life just how much work they are.

So that's me, hope to be able to become a valuable contributing member and discover a little more about myself in the process..
Dasc-Crescent
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Wolf
Region: Other

Re: Hello all.

Post by Dasc-Crescent »

Wooh first comment! and on a school computer!

Enjoy your stay here :3 I'm sure you'll fit right in :3
If the world's at large, why should I remain
Grayhound
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Wolf-Keidran
Region: Gauteng

Post by Grayhound »

(Not sure if it's alright for me to be the first (EDIT: Second....curse you Dasc-Crescent with your 30 second lead....) 'fur'son to greet you, having only just joined up recently myself but here goes...... )

Hi there! Welcome to the madhouse where all are welcome...even people like me! :D .

Just a few random questions if you don't mind.....
1) What kind of stories do you write? (Please do post them by the way, we'd love to see them :D )
2) What sort of music do you listen to?
3) What other interests do you have?
4) Do you have Skype? (Most furries here seem to have it and we love chatting!)
5) What's your current line of work?

I wish you all the best during your time here!

p.s. In before Ryall and Flaxney.......oh yes, a new-guy just beat you both.....mwahahaha :twisted:
True love is real, sometimes it just happens in unexpected places.
I do what I must; not because i'm certain of my own sense of justice, but because i'm not certain of anyone elses.
terror

Post by terror »

Thanks for the welcomes so far guys.
Grayhound wrote:Just a few random questions if you don't mind.....
1) What kind of stories do you write? (Please do post them by the way, we'd love to see them :D )
2) What sort of music do you listen to?
3) What other interests do you have?
4) Do you have Skype? (Most furries here seem to have it and we love chatting!)
5) What's your current line of work?
Don't mind answering a few questions at all

1) Love stories, not too much Yiff, and all of them have a M/M theme obviously Might have to request access to that section to post some of the chapters though ;)
Will dig my flash drive out and post sometime

2) Anything, no really anything from Abba to ZZ Top. As long as it has a descent sound I'll listen to it and even sing along in some cases

3) I'm a complete motorsport nut, do some part time work for a race team and have a car I race (well kinda wrote it off so building another one)

4) I do have skype yes.

5) Currently a Photocoper technician. Based at a client of ours head office in Braamfontein which means a 45km odd trek to work and home each day, but it means I get to plant my tail end in a comfy chair for most of the day and play on the internet when there's no work so not complaining :lol:
Splicer-Fox
Species: Fox fennec springbok thing

Post by Splicer-Fox »

Hello ^_^

I like Huskies too.
Durosuka
Species: Liger

Post by Durosuka »

Hello and welcome to the insane asylum! Please be sure to leave all belongings at the door, you'll never see them again :mrgreen:

there are a few of us here who write stuff. sadly I don't publish any of my work on account of the spelling and grammar being atrocious -facepaw-
Give me a howl and I'll also add you on skype :D
Time to change
Valerion
Alpha Wolf
Species: Werewolf

Post by Valerion »

Hi there :) Always good to see new blood on here ;)

Hope you enjoy your stay here. And hopefully it'll be permanent.
Flaxney

Post by Flaxney »

andddddd inb4ryall :P

Hi there, I hope you enjoy your stay :)
Wolfie-DMX
Sexual preference: Bi-mostly gay

Post by Wolfie-DMX »

terror wrote: if you see a Blue Getz on the roads with a pride flag paw in the rear window hoot and give us a woof
Hi there, pardon me if this sounds strange, but where can I get a rainbow coloured paw sticker? I wants one for my car too! Well, one that has the bi colours could also work but I suppose the gay colours are more popular! XD
"So kalm soos n dagga walm"

A wise Indian say: "Keep your relationships away from furry fandom; keep furries away from your relationships"

---------------------- Account No longer active ----------------------
terror

Post by terror »

Wolfie-DMX wrote:
terror wrote: if you see a Blue Getz on the roads with a pride flag paw in the rear window hoot and give us a woof
Hi there, pardon me if this sounds strange, but where can I get a rainbow coloured paw sticker? I wants one for my car too! Well, one that has the bi colours could also work but I suppose the gay colours are more popular! XD
Hehe ... internetz FTW. Google imaged Gay Furry Pride and this one popped up

And since I work for a printer company printing it out in colour (about 15cm x 15cm), then laminating it wasn't too much of a issue ;)

As I said working for a printing company has it's perks, so if there's enough interest I could investigate maybe having a couple of stickers made, been thinking of rather having a sticker made then having a piece of laminated paper stuck in the window for a while anyway. And as for colours nothing a little time with a good piece of software wouldn't fix I'm sure
Wolfie-DMX

Post by Wolfie-DMX »

terror wrote:
Wolfie-DMX wrote:
Hehe ... internetz FTW. Google imaged Gay Furry Pride and this one popped up

And since I work for a printer company printing it out in colour (about 15cm x 15cm), then laminating it wasn't too much of a issue ;)

As I said working for a printing company has it's perks, so if there's enough interest I could investigate maybe having a couple of stickers made, been thinking of rather having a sticker made then having a piece of laminated paper stuck in the window for a while anyway. And as for colours nothing a little time with a good piece of software wouldn't fix I'm sure
Wow! How nice!!

Well, I'd DEFINATELY place a order for one, or two!!!!

Im stil thinking size though, im not sure what peoples reaction would be seeing this on my Big 4x2 Mazda Drifter bakkie lol! And consider getting one for the gamers PC case!

A wise Indian say: "Keep your relationships away from furry fandom; keep furries away from your relationships"

terror

Post by terror »

Wolfie-DMX wrote:
Let me see what I can organise then. And as for the Drifter, anyone who knows anything will understand it. The rest I doubt will even get it or understand it, well that's my view at least. My boyfriend seams to think guys will just think you're a 'bear' :lol:
Wolfie-DMX

Post by Wolfie-DMX »

terror wrote:
Wolfie-DMX wrote:
Let me see what I can organise then. And as for the Drifter, anyone who knows anything will understand it. The rest I doubt will even get it or understand it, well that's my view at least. My boyfriend seams to think guys will just think you're a 'bear' :lol:
Cool! Pls let us know! ^^

PM for contact details :)

Dasc-Crescent

Post by Dasc-Crescent »

terror wrote: I'm a complete motorsport nut,
Finally, pretty much everyone I know just thinks of cars and bikes as a transport medium.
But yeah, my taste in motors is a little different, I love buses of all things.
Though I love the occasional visit to Zwartkops.
If the world's at large, why should I remain
terror

Post by terror »

Right basic idea and design is up, so comment here please :)
http://forum.zafur.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1412
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag
Species: Hyena

Post by Ryall »

Hi there! Sorry for the late reply: I see many a fur has already welcome you! How rude of me... Oh well better late than never. Welcome to the forums.
Hahaha! :lol:
Flaxney

Post by Flaxney »

Ryall wrote: I see many a fur has already welcome you!
D: et tu Ryall?

A... grammatical error, from YOU? oh, oh the huge manatee, this has shattered my perception of the world that we live in! What a horrible, downwards slide into depravity this is ;~;

of course now it is too late for you to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6PZhONZ ... re=related
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Flaxney wrote:
Ryall wrote: I see many a fur has already welcome you!
D: et tu Ryall?

A... grammatical error, from YOU? oh, oh the huge manatee, this has shattered my perception of the world that we live in! What a horrible, downwards slide into depravity this is ;~;

of course now it is too late for you to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6PZhONZ ... re=related
#$%^! I was framed: it was the man with two arms - he did it I swear!

I am going to argue that that was a 'typo' or gross negligence or something. I am not sure. Perhaps it was because I just lost a Starcraft II match to a Terran player, again.

Don't look at me! I said don't look at me!
terror

Post by terror »

Many thanks for the fur-ther welcomes :D
terror

Post by terror »

And now introducing Bella and Donna, the two greatest collies in the world. Bella is the bigger of the two sisters with the white face. Hopped in the car when we arrived at the mom in laws when we arrived in Bloemfontein this morning, and thought we were going for a ride. :D
Attachments
2012-04-06 11.05.35.jpg
Ryall
Spotted Scallywag

Post by Ryall »

Awww! :3 you should make a pets thread on furry chat if there isn't one already, where people can post pictures of their pets.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

Perhaps rather an introduction thread for pets or a photo thread for it. Pets aren't really a furry thing.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Nanukk
Nightclub manager
Species: River Otter
Region: KZN and Eastern Cape

Post by Nanukk »

Wooo its very late for this but welcome to the forums and I hope you have an epic stay...wow, that was the most like FORMAL intro I've ever given...maybe I should backspace...backspace is dead, oh well. WELCOME!
'The world's fantasy is it's greatest reality' ~Sean Cameron 2002
Yukon
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Husky/wolf

Post by Yukon »

Welcome to the fandom man, looking forward to meeting you!
Rakuen Growlithe wrote:Pets aren't really a furry thing.
Wh-%*!@-at??? *blink*
There are 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Yukon wrote:Wh-%*!@-at??? *blink*
Furry is about liking characters that are a mix of human and animal. There's no reason a fur has to have or even like pets. On the other side there's nothing about having a pet that makes someone a fur. It just has an overlap from an interest in animals.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Nanukk
Nightclub manager

Post by Nanukk »

Some of you guys should see my presentation at the NMMU arts department theory class room. It's my 'Presentation of Inspiration' about the Furry Fandom, how it was created, what influenced the ideas of the Furry Fandom and what characters built a name for themselves and why.

Presentation took me 3 years, and still cleaning it up today. Ever since I started university. So if you want to see it, then all you can do is ask. :P
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy

Nanukk, if the South Afrifur meet happens this year then maybe you should do your presentation there. Of course if you're going to do that you should really go and read the debates on Flayrah about defining the furry fandom and Fred's chronology of the fandom.
~John Stuart Mill~

~John Milton~
Nanukk
Nightclub manager

Post by Nanukk »

Edited: -too much info from my presentation- Will rather talk it over when I present it sometime.
terror

Post by terror »

ooooo ... looky more hello's
*Grin*
Yukon wrote:Welcome to the fandom man, looking forward to meeting you!
Likewise
Rakuen Growlithe wrote:Nanukk, if the South Afrifur meet happens this year then maybe you should do your presentation there.
Good plan

Speaking of South Afrifur ... HEY DUROSUKA!!!!
No response ?

*Note to self, poke the Liger in the ribs next time I see him*
Razotter

Post by Razotter »

Welcome huskybutt :) Good to have some more older fuzzies around.