Hello

Come in and introduce yourself! Don't be shy now. We don't bite. Expect a few licks though...
somnia
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: Wolf
Region: Western Cape

Hello

Post by somnia »

I think it is about time I post here, even though the forum isn't as active as it use to be.

Hi everyone~

I am sort of new here, been crawling a bit here before making an account. I am in my early 30s, and have always been interested in the furry fandom since I can remeber.
I don't really have a fursona or anything thing like that, but as you can see on my profile pic, I really enjoy wolf art~

I work in IT, seems to be a usual job for a lot of furries. XD

As for why I am starting to post now, I have always suffered from depression and the therapy and medication is finally starting to pay of and working,
and I feel a lot more comfortable interacting with people and trying to be more social.

Anyway, back to the happy stuff, my current hobbies are colouring line art I find here and there, playing random video games, and also doing random DIY projects.

Lets hope the forum becomes a bit more active again in the future.
Adagio
Warm Hearted
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Snow Leopard
Region: Gauteng

Re: Hello

Post by Adagio »

Hi there Somnia!

Haha! IT Does seem to be the job most furries are in.

What ganmes do you play? And what projects are you working on?

Same dude.
somnia

Post by somnia »

Adagio wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:19 pm Hi there Somnia!

Same dude.
Currently into Cities Skyline 2, really like RTS type games, also tried Cocoon, but for some reason it has no sound on my pc. Also finished up Cyberpunk 2077 the other day, really enjoyed that, currently saving for Phantom Liberty. Tried Starfield a few weeks ago, but that just feels dead and bland.

I finished designing and building my own cupboard for the first time, really enjoyed that. Now I am contemplating making my own cat tree, or remodeling my bathroom if I somehow win the lotto I don't play xD
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

somnia wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:42 pm
Adagio wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:19 pm Hi there Somnia!

Same dude.
Currently into Cities Skyline 2, really like RTS type games, also tried Cocoon, but for some reason it has no sound on my pc. Also finished up Cyberpunk 2077 the other day, really enjoyed that, currently saving for Phantom Liberty. Tried Starfield a few weeks ago, but that just feels dead and bland.

I finished designing and building my own cupboard for the first time, really enjoyed that. Now I am contemplating making my own cat tree, or remodeling my bathroom if I somehow win the lotto I don't play xD

Sounds awesome! You drew up the cupbourds in CAD?

RTS gamses are awesome!
My boyfriend is unfortunatly not fond of them so I don't play often.
somnia

Post by somnia »

Adagio wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:36 pm

RTS gamses are awesome!
I used Onshape, the usual CAD software like solidworks/autodesk is way too expensive ;_;

I use to play Red Alert 2 like crazy as a kid. Never got to good at it, but I loved the resource management and would play for hours just to build a base. And Age of Empires... damn now that was fun.
Adagio
Warm Hearted

Post by Adagio »

somnia wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:20 pm
Adagio wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:36 pm

RTS gamses are awesome!
I used Onshape, the usual CAD software like solidworks/autodesk is way too expensive ;_;

I use to play Red Alert 2 like crazy as a kid. Never got to good at it, but I loved the resource management and would play for hours just to build a base. And Age of Empires... damn now that was fun.
I switched to Onshape too after Fusion changed their TOS on their free version and now I can't do anything because "There are too many designs on my account"

I played C&C Generals.
And my firiend and I played AOE2 SO MUCh as kids!
Love that game!
Faanvolla
Plaas Brak
Species: Dog (Vampire)

Post by Faanvolla »

Hey there welcome to the forum!

Also played a bunch of AoE2, and my C&C games were 3 and 3: Kane's Wrath
Seize the day, not your bearings.
Steam, Rockstar SocialClub, Uplay, Battlenet: Faanvolla#2539, Telegram: @Faanvolla
Switch Code: SW-0054-4917-1029
DeviantArt,Furaffinity,SoFurry, Weasyl, FurryNetwork
ProfilePic by hanimetion
somnia

Post by somnia »

Faanvolla wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:00 am Hey there welcome to the forum!

Also played a bunch of AoE2, and my C&C games were 3 and 3: Kane's Wrath
I could never het Kane's wrath to work. It always crashed on startup >.<
Storm
Species: Fox

Post by Storm »

somnia wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:03 pm I think it is about time I post here, even though the forum isn't as active as it use to be.

Hi everyone~

I am sort of new here, been crawling a bit here before making an account. I am in my early 30s, and have always been interested in the furry fandom since I can remeber.
I don't really have a fursona or anything thing like that, but as you can see on my profile pic, I really enjoy wolf art~

I work in IT, seems to be a usual job for a lot of furries. XD

As for why I am starting to post now, I have always suffered from depression and the therapy and medication is finally starting to pay of and working,
and I feel a lot more comfortable interacting with people and trying to be more social.

Anyway, back to the happy stuff, my current hobbies are colouring line art I find here and there, playing random video games, and also doing random DIY projects.

Lets hope the forum becomes a bit more active again in the future.
Hi. I recently started seeing someone after years of trying to avoid doing so.I'm glad that therapy and medication is making a positive difference for you.I'm in my 30s too.
I've never been particularly social but am starting to try to be.Just want to see what happens really.Unfortunately struggle to trust others so that will take awhile but hey at least I'm doing something different even if it is uncomfortable sometimes.
somnia

Post by somnia »

Storm wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:35 am Hi. I recently started seeing someone after years of trying to avoid doing so.I'm glad that therapy and medication is making a positive difference for you.I'm in my 30s too.
I've never been particularly social but am starting to try to be.Just want to see what happens really.Unfortunately struggle to trust others so that will take awhile but hey at least I'm doing something different even if it is uncomfortable sometimes.
It is always good to get professional help, my usual tip is also, do not expect things to magically change/be fixed overnight or in the first month even. It is almost like an art to get the right medication and is sometimes trial and error since everyone responds differently to some medication.

Being suddenly social also brings it's own challenges, like a few weeks ago I completely burned out and lost it, simply because I was doing to much to fast and wasn't use to it, and sadly burned a few bridges in the process. So my advice is take it slow, don't overwhelm yourself, and it is ok to feel a bit awkward/uncomfortable. Don't push too hard.

As for trusting people, that sadly takes times, a lot of time, and you will get burned again, but the best thing is to see that as "people not being worthy of being trusted and move on", easier said than done I know personally. There are some great people on this forum you can trust and always ask for help.
Storm
Species: Fox

Post by Storm »

somnia wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:00 pm
Storm wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:35 am Hi. I recently started seeing someone after years of trying to avoid doing so.I'm glad that therapy and medication is making a positive difference for you.I'm in my 30s too.
It is always good to get professional help, my usual tip is also, do not expect things to magically change/be fixed overnight or in the first month even. It is almost like an art to get the right medication and is sometimes trial and error since everyone responds differently to some medication.

Being suddenly social also brings it's own challenges, like a few weeks ago I completely burned out and lost it, simply because I was doing to much to fast and wasn't use to it, and sadly burned a few bridges in the process. So my advice is take it slow, don't overwhelm yourself, and it is ok to feel a bit awkward/uncomfortable. Don't push too hard.

As for trusting people, that sadly takes times, a lot of time, and you will get burned again, but the best thing is to see that as "people not being worthy of being trusted and move on", easier said than done I know personally. There are some great people on this forum you can trust and always ask for help.
Oh yeah I know it takes awhile. I actually had some bad experiences before (medical negligence) which caused me to take things into my own hands so to speak.And it worked really well at first so having to later see someone was tricky.But so far things have actually gone fairly well considering it hasn't been all that long.Diagnosis makes sense and the person I see is very observant.Sees things as they are,not as he wants them to be.Thing is sometimes certain disorders are stigmatized even in medical settings *shrugs*. I'm having to bring up plenty of issues I've spent years not talking about,some of them very traumatic but all in all I'm ready to do that now.I know it will be difficult but I am very determined to make progress.

Of course I will get hurt again ,that's life *shrugs*.Thanks for your reply,that was very thoughtful of you.