ZAfur Frontpage Ideas

See room for improvement? Tell us about it! And if you encounter a problem with the board, please let us know.
Ivic_Wulfe
Viridis Spes Vulupe
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Green Folf
Region: Gauteng

ZAfur Frontpage Ideas

Post by Ivic_Wulfe »

Aloha!

So, we're busy working on a front-page for the ZAfur forum and we'd like to hear what kind of suggestions you have for us to spice it up a bit!
AND THEN THE CAGE COMES DOWN! The cage with the Japanese fighting spiders inside, your mother strikes a match off her forearm and tells you to dance in the front room for money... - Dylan Moran
Nasheera

Re: ZAfur Frontpage Ideas

Post by Nasheera »

Cool beans!
What about a different background every time one logs in? Say, lots of clustered pawprints coloured with the same colours as the SA flag? Or paisley patterns designed to look like tails?
Just a thought :P
jacojerb
Sexual preference: Gay
Species: bunny/fox

Post by jacojerb »

I quite like it how it is. Why change something that's working?
Mew?
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Sexual preference: Bi
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)
Region: Other

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

It's not changing the forum. It means there will be a separate page at www.zafur.co.za with links to the forum and other projects.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Raven Song
Stealer of Time
Sexual preference: Other
Species: Shapeshifting Anubian

Post by Raven Song »

i quite like the front page for the World of Apollo Minecraft world website... it's got some fun features like who's online right now with their little icons/avatars present, a donation box, a "who's been online the most" thing.

not saying I want this place to look the same, but it looks pretty cool to me :P
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. Pablo Picasso
Franky
The Bad Guy
Sexual preference: Straight
Species: Mortally Challenged Fox

Post by Franky »

Make it look sort of like visual studio so my manager thinks i'm working.
Animew
Banter kitty
Species: Animu cat

Post by Animew »

rakuenian.jpg
hmm? hhhmm? you guys liiiike? UwU/ i totes think this would be the perfect look for this place. the paw icons even become red when there is an unread topic and everything. also the shining Growlithe head ico ACTUALLY shines! that's right gentleman, that's not just static shimmering! it moves!

i've extensively tested it this last few weeks on a dummy system and its working perfectly! <w< wadda y'all say we make this default on Rakuens birthday or something?
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Rakuen Growlithe
Fire Puppy
Species: Growlithe (pokemon)

Post by Rakuen Growlithe »

I am actually okay with that.
"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
~John Stuart Mill~

“Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.”
~John Milton~
Leeward
Recalcitrant Ruminant

Post by Leeward »

Well this speaks volumes...
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Rakuen Growlithe wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:34 pm I am actually okay with that.
^w^ i'm glad you like it! UwU/ i'm rather proud of it actually. but even if we don't change the name and logo of the place i think it could stand to be furryfied a bit don't you guys think? like for instance them paw icons i made. \OwO/ i mean seriously people, this is a furry website and the only paw we have here is in the logo!

also i'm sorry i missed your birthday firedog, hope you had an awesome one and that there was lots of cake and such.
Duck face? i thought they were all just making fart noises when posing for pictures...
Trace
Snep's Best Doggo
Species: Wolfdog/Shapeshifter

Post by Trace »

Actually I do think it would be cool to see the front page spruced up a bit.
I think that having a banner could do a lot for making it feel more vibrant. If art competitions become a regular staple, maybe we could even use the winning art as part of the banner, or even use a collage of the entrants.
I feel like something along those lines could go a long way.
"I change shapes just to hide in this place, but I'm still, I'm still an animal" -Miike Snow, 'Animal'
"Where there's life, there's hope."-Terence
WindyDreams
Species: Caucasian Ovcharka

Post by WindyDreams »

I think having a picture of all attendees from this (or last) years con would look great as a frontpage :3
Animew
Banter kitty

Post by Animew »

Trace wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:55 am Actually I do think it would be cool to see the front page spruced up a bit.
I think that having a banner could do a lot for making it feel more vibrant. If art competitions become a regular staple, maybe we could even use the winning art as part of the banner, or even use a collage of the entrants.
I feel like something along those lines could go a long way.
thems some excellent ideas. adding a banner is not all that hard either and it would make the place feel more alive and user driven.
WindyDreams wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:31 pm I think having a picture of all attendees from this (or last) years con would look great as a frontpage :3
also a fine idea Owo not sure if the more paranoid furs would like that tho, unless they have fursuits i guess. i think we have quite a few suits in the community so far so it may work.